• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

If he's not campaigning in entire states and he's not supplying any support to down ticket races, do we have some idea where Sanders is focusing his spending? Just trying to better comprehend this strategy.
He might be trying to get enough delegates to influence party platform at the convention in Philly but honestly he's wasting his donors' money.

He might be trying to get enough delegates to influence party platform at the convention in Philly but honestly he's wasting his donors' money.

If people want to pay for that message, I say let them. I do think it's a weird balance thing though where the campaign may be taking money for a losing cause (and they know it) but they keep going anyway. It hits me in the morals somewhere but I can't figure out exactly where.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"Ted" Cruz (R)
"Carly" Fiorina (R)
"Jeb" Bush (R)

It's like they are asking for us to make up nicknames!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think it's fairly safe to say Rubio won't get 20% in any of the elections today.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Booger Cruz
Carliar Fiorina
John Ellis Bush Bush

edit: I was hoping we wouldn't have to hear from Jon Ralston ever again, lol.

Holmes

Kentucky is honestly so annoying right now because half of coal country (Trump's best region) is in and about half of western Kentucky and two thirds of the Cincinnati burbs (Cruz's best areas) are in but nothing in Lexington, Louisville so it's hard to predict where this will end up.

I just remembered to tune into TYT, they shitting on super delegates for some reason.

Man, some people were being super fucking rude to Howard Dean today on Twitter. You want to get rid of superdelegates? Fine. Ask for that change. Don't harass superdelegates for being superdelegates. That's dumb.

Slayven

Man, some people were being super fucking rude to Howard Dean today on Twitter. You want to get rid of superdelegates? Fine. Ask for that change. Don't harass superdelegates for being superdelegates. That's dumb.

Has super delegates ever done anything? Have they legit swerved ?

I just remembered to tune into TYT, they shitting on super delegates for some reason.

If people don't like superdelegates that's fine, but I hate the narrative being pushed by some that they're stealing this election. You know, because of that whole "it has no basis in reality" thing.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Has super delegates ever done anything? Have they legit swerved ?

Typically not needed. It's kinda a fail safe, one of which Republican probably wish they had right now, lol.

The Supers changed from Hillary to Obama in the 2008 Primary after Obama started winning the majority of the races.

Gruco

Banned

Superdelegates are like the greatest slight of hand for Bernie supporters. I think the logic is something like this:

1) Superdelegates are undemocratic.
2) Hillary has a lead in superdelegates.
3) Therefore you should ignore Hillary's superdelegates lead.
4) Actually, you should also ignore pledged delegateswhile you're at it
5) #FeelTheBern

Slayven

Superdelegates are like the greatest slight of hand for Bernie supporters. I think the logic is something like this:

5) #FeelTheBern

Everyone needs a boogeyman

5) #FeelTheBern

They are completely ignoring that Clinton has a bigger pledged delegate lead now than Obama ever had in 2008

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Rubio must be especially angry about Kasich being in the race still. Kasich took a delegate in Maine and is likely contributing to his inability to reach the threshold in Louisiana. When you're losing every delegate matters.

Trump's lead in Kentucky has shrunk to 6%.

Kangi

S4NeCZj.png

O'Mentum!

Gruco

Banned
They are completely ignoring that Clinton has a bigger pledged delegate lead now than Obama ever had in 2008

Of course they are. Why would you talk about something reality-based that will make your listeners sad, when you can instead wipe them into a frenzy with a disingenuous misdirection?

Kyosaiga

Banned

Whoever decided that everything should be proportional and created Superdelagates needs to be thanked several times over.

Goddamn, Winner-Take-All is biting the GOP in the ass.

Hazmat

What they hell is with all the O'Malley votes in Kansas? Is there so little to do there that 4,000 people felt that was worth a Saturday?

Effect

Whoever decided that everything should be proportional and created Superdelagates needs to be thanked several times over.

Goddamn, Winner-Take-All is biting the GOP in the ass.

Curious as to what the odds are for the GOP to change all states to be proportional just in case something like Trump happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom