• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you watching Hillary speak? CNN and MSNBC aren't covering it.

MSNBC was showing it but then they broke in to project Hillary winning LA. They've since talked about how Hillary doesn't speak well enough to the TV audience or something who knows

THEY'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rubio is ahead in Lincoln county KY by one vote!

"We won a couple counties tonight, and we're going to ride those counties all the way to the convention!"

royalan

MSNBC was showing it but then they broke in to project Hillary winning LA. They've since talked about how Hillary doesn't speak well enough to the TV audience or something who knows

THEY'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT

Yeah, this line of conversation reminded me of why I don't watch this network, and I tuned out.

Effect

Can't take TYT tonight so haven't tuned in to see how they're handling this. If anyone has seen them are they praising Sanders up and down while not even bothering to talk about delegates?

Clinton isn't letting Sanders get any free delegates outside Vermont while Sanders has let Clinton rack up huge delegate leads all across the south.

His strategy would make some sense if delegates were awarded winner take all, but as it is not even trying at all in an entire region is just a terrible idea.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So after all this, it turns out that Trump just has a problem in caucus states, just like on Super Tuesday and Iowa. He did fine otherwise.
He lost by pretty big margins in those caucus states though, with Maine being unexpected.

Louisiana looks to be a big win and Kentucky just under 10 points over Cruz however, but he was expected to win there. It looks like he's over performing in Louisiana.

thefro

MSNBC has renamed Cincinnati "Bowling Green" apparently

Bowling Green, KY where Rand Paul is from is in the western part of the state!

So after all this, it turns out that Trump just has a problem in caucus states, just like on Super Tuesday and Iowa. He did fine otherwise. Thankfully for him we have Idaho and Hawaii (which he will lose) and then he won't have to worry about caucuses for a while.

The utter lack of a ground game this implies bodes well for a Clinton v. Trump matchup, but I'm sure it's not going to prevent a flood of posts diablosing about Trump winning the general.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So is the RNC rigging caucuses, or is there something else at play that makes Trump underperform in every one? Bad organization?

He lost by pretty big margins in those caucus states though, with Maine being unexpected.

Louisiana looks to be a big win and Kentucky just under 10 points over Cruz however, but he was expected to win there. It looks like he's over performing in Louisiana.

He's at 40% in Kentucky, if that holds up it's not a poor performance in a 4 man race. Maine wasn't a surprise to me, the only shocker of the night was how much Cruz ran up the margins in Kansas. But then looking at the turnout, it's no wonder how it happened.

So is the RNC rigging caucuses, or is there something else at play that makes Trump underperform in every one? Bad organization?
Poor organization, independents can't vote in these caucuses, and Trump supporters might just be less willing to participate in them. Super low turnout in general isn't good for him.

stupei

If he's not campaigning in entire states and he's not supplying any support to down ticket races, do we have some idea where Sanders is focusing his spending? Just trying to better comprehend this strategy.

Peer pressure. People like Trump, but probably don't want their neighbors and friends to know they are voting for him. Also caucuses are a pain in the ass and take a long time.

why? Nebraska is like 90% white

Ya, I know. Bernie is only winning it by 10 points with 75% of the vote in. This should have been an easy Bernie pick-up. Best case scenario for him with that type of margin is that Hillary extends her delegate lead by anywhere from 5-10.

At this point, even if he wins Maine by 40 points, she'll net more delegates from this weekend than he did. After winning 3 out of 4 states.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

He's a cheap fuck. He hasn't spent shit on organization. He holds 2 rallies in every state and moves on. It's just totally wrong in a caucus environment. These are also closed caucuses.

royalan

I mean, WHO is running Sanders' campaign. Could it be possible that THEY are establishment? It was an inside job all along.

danm999

He's a cheap fuck. He hasn't spent shit on organization. He holds 2 rallies in every state and moves on. It's just totally wrong in a caucus environment. These are also closed caucuses.

It makes me optimistic he completely fucks up his GOTV effort for the general.

If he's not campaigning in entire states and he's not supplying any support to down ticket races, do we have some idea where Sanders is focusing his spending? Just trying to better comprehend this strategy.
Looks like he's focusing on Michigan by blaming Hillary for the loss of jobs in the state.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Perhaps the non-Trump vote was looking for an adult and Rubio acting like that turned people off of him and they switched to Cruz. Kasich was another choice but he's too moderate.

I called this last week. It explains the increase in Cruz and Kaisch support and Rubio's failure.

Ecotic

It makes me optimistic he completely fucks up his GOTV effort for the general.

Yeah I mean, does Trump just not believe in traditional organization? He seems adamant that he's going to win this his way with big speeches, twitter, and improvisation. Trump avoids the grind of winning an election like a kid who doesn't want to do his homework.

He has no organization for caucuses, little has changed since Iowa. In Iowa he didn't have any district captains for instance, and I'd imagine he didn't have many in Kansas or the other caucus states.

danm999

Yeah I mean, does Trump just not believe in traditional organization? He seems adamant that he's going to win this his way with big speeches, twitter, and improvisation. Trump avoids the grind of winning an election like a kid who doesn't want to do his homework.

He's spending his own money I guess. Shit's expensive.

He seems to be running a minimalist campaign designed to manipulate media coverage and get good turnout from his base. That's very risky in a swing state in the general where organisation is everything and where his antics are likely to turnout people opposing him alongside people supporting him.

78% and Hillary is holding onto that margin in Nebraska. Currently at 14/10 in the delegate count. Assuming he gets the last one, he'll just have met his Cook targets.

Ugh, I'm like 3/4s right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom