• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaros

So this is kind of personal, but it's my biggest peeve about Bernie. He just gave a nice spiel about how scientists are smart, and we should listen to them, and the people who don't trust them are fool because they're the experts.

And I'm just sitting here like "Bro, why don't you listen to economists?"

He is against the general concensus that nuclear power is what we need to replace coal.

Also his stance on GMO is fundamentally anti-Science

bananas

Banned
Hillary just seemed to suggest that she hated Citizens United but thinks it might be constitutional based on her talking about a constitutional amendment.
Well the Supreme Court said it was constitutional, so it is unless the Supreme Court reverses it's decision or an amendment is passed.

Hillary just seemed to suggest that she hated Citizens United but thinks it might be constitutional based on her talking about a constitutional amendment.

She was saying if she can't get it over turned by the Courts, she'd lead the fight on a Constitutional amendment to get it over turned. The second is not realistic, IMO.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Well, nothing short of a constitutional amendment, or the court itself, can get rid of it. So it's as good as.

Well the Supreme Court said it was constitutional, so it is unless the Supreme Court reverses it's decision or an amendment is passed.

BANANAS! I haven't seen you post in here in forever.

Tarkus

Me too.

Anyway, Bernie was an ass tonight. Not even going to try and be non-partisan about it. His finger wagging, interrupting and the way he threw the party under the bus was just lovely.
I can see how Bernie voters could be interested in Trump as well.

Hazmat

I didn't watch the debate, but the difference between here and the OT thread is pretty vast. I guess we're at that point of the race now?

User 406

Banned
I dunno how pigeon has the mental clarity needed to carry on a sourced argument in the middle of that whirlwind of tribal posturing, but I appreciated it.

All I could do just to skim each page before a new one was generated.

I dunno how pigeon has the mental clarity needed to carry on a sourced argument in the middle of that whirlwind of tribal posturing, but I appreciated it.

Yeah, the people who can still make well-sourced arguments during those threads going at 100mph seriously need awards.

General rant, but I'm thinking about Bernie right now. I'm hate it when politicians use the word free.

As in "I propose free university education!"

That shit ain't free

pigeon

Banned

Haha! The secret is to read the thread using the Preview Post button and scrolling down. Also I read quickly.

CNN's headline on one of the videos is "White people can't know what it's like to live in a ghetto" with a big picture of Bernie underneath...linking to the video in question of him saying that shit.

That'll play well.

And I'm watching Race to the White House too. :)

when do you vote?

I didn't, but it wasn't necessary since I'm in Texas. I'll go out in the general though. Texas might turn blue if it's Trump vs Hillary.

Also

@realDonaldTrump

How do you fight millions of dollars of fraudulent commercials pushing for crooked politicians? I will be using Facebook & Twitter. Watch!

Doesn't seem like a solid strategy :/

Nixon GOAT politician.

Donald J. Trump: How do you fight millions of dollars of fraudulent commercials pushing for crooked politicians? I will be using Twitter & Facebook. Watch!

CNN's headline on one of the videos is "White people can't know what it's like to live in a ghetto" with a big picture of Bernie underneath...linking to the video in question of him saying that shit.

That'll play well.

And I'm watching Race to the White House too. :)

Such bullshit. Can't believe he said that.

GnawtyDog

Banned
The last three pages?????

What's wrong with Bernie hitting on Hillary more firmly?

Obama abused her worse than this - and it actually worked.

Because it's fine to hit her on the issues. There's no problem with that. The finger wagging. The "Let me finish" that type of stuff is bad optics. I don't care about his manners, I'm talking about how it looks. He managed to attack the Democratic party and the governors, senators and representatives in it. Like Barney Frank said, he alienates his natural allies.

I started out liking Bernie Sanders. I no longer like him. I'll leave it at that.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
First Democratic debate I didn't watch live (third between the parties). I thought it would make me too sad so I saw Zootopia. Fun movie, but I'm still sad.

Ecotic

Kennedy has been the archetypal Democratic nominee ever since. Young, aspirational, a minority, telegenic, with a beautiful young family. Obama fit the mold in every way, he even had Ted Kennedy make him an honorary Kennedy.

hawk2025

Some people have a problem with the way he does it, but I don't.

Hit away; Personally, I don't think the problem is the hit, it's sounding terrible while you do it.

His basic stump speech has been diluted into water at this point, IMO. It has no bite to people that haven't bought fully (and man, do I mean fully, all-in, no room for doubt) into the premise that the root of any and all problems in the country are Wall Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom