• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie getting rekt on Twitter for the ghetto comments and the "We know people need mental health care because LOLOLOL you see the Republicans?"

royalan

Oh that is pretty crappy of him, he seems pretty gaffe prone and I totally get what he means but maybe being old isn't the best for the ol noggin (spoiler our brains peak around 25 :( which sucks)

I dunno...The Queen's ability to whip out even minute facts at a moment's notice is pretty impressive.

How was the debate?

Bernie was a total ass. Don't watch it. Save yourself the annoyance. My mom was foaming at the mouth. Which is weird, she's so calm most of the time...

I believe that was also on top of him not even bothering to thank his supporters and those that voted for him in South Carolina. He might have sent out a text I think but nothing when he held his rally that night. He just ignored what happen for the most part when he was speaking. Everything just didn't look good.

Exactly. I was livid at that. You get out there and thank your supporters, even if you have 10 of them. People in SC worked hard for him, and he owed it to them to say thank you. It's the least you can do.

Those ads aren't going to dent Trump's Populist Warrior Armor. He'll push the button on whoever is funding those ads, like the Ricketts. He knows where the bodies are buried.

Iolo

Sanderstalking.png

Oh great more excuses.

He tied in Iowa.
He 'won' Latinos in Nevada
He lost the entire south because they're red states.
He lost Massachusetts because of Bill Clinton's illegal electioneering
Now he will lose Michigan because of Spring Break.

What will be the first state the die-hards will fully accept as a loss?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bernie was the one the said that the people at his rally in Massachussetts were smart so they would vote for him, insinuating that everyone else wasn't.
His answer was "I know we're going to win here because you're smart." Which he said after getting blown the hell out in SC. The context was fine, but it was a stupid thing to say. It was in response to people knowing his average donation is $27.00
It was in Minnesota, but yeah. Saying that to a very different crowd on the night you get absolutely crushed in South Carolina... well, it's easy to see the implied inverse to explain the loss. "You are just too smart." So about the South Carolinians who voted earlier that day...?

NeoXChaos

Oh great more excuses.

He tied in Iowa.
He 'won' Latinos in Nevada
He lost the entire south because they're red states.
He lost Massachusetts because of Bill Clinton's illegal electioneering
Now he will lose Michigan because of Spring Break.

What will be the first state the die-hards will fully accept as a loss?

the bubble is too far in to be burst. MI is actually not the only state like that. Remember the politico article?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/bernie-sanders-college-students-219520

I honestly doubt in will matter in the caucus states. Should be enough young people at home to pull him through.

Brinbe

Missed the debate, but wow @ that ghetto line... That just shows how out-of-touch Bernie is about racial discrimination.

Kangi

Bernie was a total ass. Don't watch it. Save yourself the annoyance. My mom was foaming at the mouth. Which is weird, she's so calm most of the time...
My mother was also extremely unhappy. When the tweets about Detroit were mentioned she was up in arms.

She also complained about his long, bony fingers.

Real damage would have been running 3rd party, I think the party will end up stronger because of this.

Well it's refining Hillary's debate skills before the general, but him calling out democrats and damaging her by saying she's just another crooked politician isn't helping.

Real damage would have been running 3rd party, I think the party will end up stronger because of this.

He's damaged his brand within the party. There is no doubt in my mind about that. This is going to make me sound like an ass, but he gets positions within the party because we allow it. While i don't think we'd kick him out of the caucus or anything like that, we don't "own" him as a member of our party either.

He was an ass tonight. Like I said, Kyle texted me and was actually surprised how Bernie came across. IT wasn't good. Bernie supporters might have loved it, but wasn't a good look.

Lol, as if those $50m in ads from Right to Rise PAC halted Trump.

Exactly. Trump will almost certainly win Michigan and Mississippi. He's leading in Florida and I see no reason to believe Rubio will come back there. He's also leading in Ohio but Kasich isn't far behind. It wouldn't stun me at all if he wins Florida and barely loses Ohio - but he could very easily win both. At which point this entire "stop Trump" movement will look like another giant waste of money.

As much as I want to say the political universe ensures Trump will never be the nominee...he's looking more and more like the nominee daily. And it seems like the only thing that can stop this train is a catastrophe.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Original picture:

Cc6MnS8XEAEJTfE.jpg

Photoshopped:

Cc6VSZfUYAAaMRl.jpg

Hmm, on-board with firing bad teachers and paying good teachers more.

Bernie has literally three things he talks about, even Rubio has more variety. Though Bernie does believe in the things he talks about.
I want to meme the original to say:
This motherfucker

Right here

Well it's refining Hillary's debate skills before the general, but him calling out democrats and damaging her by saying she's just another crooked politician isn't helping.

Should she be coddled and not asked questions that Trump will throw at her?

He's damaged his brand within the party. There is no doubt in my mind about that. This is going to make me sound like an ass, but he gets positions within the party because we allow it. While i don't think we'd kick him out of the caucus or anything like that, we don't "own" him as a member of our party either.

He was an ass tonight. Like I said, Kyle texted me and was actually surprised how Bernie came across. IT wasn't good. Bernie supporters might have loved it, but wasn't a good look.

I am glad you are one of the leaders of the democratic party but I harbor no attachment to the party other than it happens to be better than republicans, will be happy to ditch it if there is something better :p

I don't really like when people put the strength/positioning of a party over the people.

NeoXChaos

Exactly. Trump will almost certainly win Michigan and Mississippi. He's leading in Florida and I see no reason to believe Rubio will come back there. He's also leading in Ohio but Kasich isn't far behind. It wouldn't stun me at all if he wins Florida and barely loses Ohio - but he could very easily win both. At which point this entire "stop Trump" movement will look like another giant waste of money.

As much as I want to say the political universe ensures Trump will never be the nominee...he's looking more and more like the nominee daily. And it seems like the only thing that can stop this train is a catastrophe.

how spooked are your friends on Rubio's collapse? did they see this coming? do they blame Jeb for this? Cruz? split field? Rubio not living up the the hype? Do they think the ads will work on Trump?

Should she be coddled and not asked questions that Trump will throw at her?

I am glad you are one of the leaders of the democratic party but I harbor no attachment to the party other than it happens to be better than republicans, will be happy to ditch it if there is something better :p

I don't really like when people put the strength/positioning of a party over the people.

I'm not a leader of anything. However, being President is not about sitting on a throne and issuing edicts. Bernie has managed to alienate a lot of Democrats. He is running for our party's nomination. He needs allies in the Senate, and so far he has none. Dems would fall in line to a degree, but he has no capital within the party to exploit.

You want to be President you have to know how to get people, even people who aren't ideologically pure, on board with your ideas. Bernie hasn't shown an ability to do that in his 25 years as a backbencher, I highly doubt he'd be able to do it in the oval office.

Wall street speech transcripts won't be an issue in the general.
Maybe not that specifically but Trump will constantly call Hillary bought, corrupt, evil, etc. don't know if he'll ask for the transcripts. But if he does she could ask to see the transcripts of his immigration discussion with the NYT

I'm not a leader of anything. However, being President is not about sitting on a throne and issuing edicts. Bernie has managed to alienate a lot of Democrats. He is running for our party's nomination. He needs allies in the Senate, and so far he has none. Dems would fall in line to a degree, but he has no capital within the party to exploit.

You want to be President you have to know how to get people, even people who aren't ideologically pure, on board with your ideas. Bernie hasn't shown an ability to do that in his 25 years as a backbencher, I highly doubt he'd be able to do it in the oval office.

I don't think he could do it even if he was in trudeau's body and oozing charisma, his ideas are anathema to a lot of the entrenched interests. I agree that you need to work with people but the public option in obamacare wasn't stopped just by republicans.

Cerium

I've decided that I'm over Bernie. I hold his bros in contempt but I can't get worked up over his various blunders; in the end 2008 really was a lot worse than this and right now we're witnessing what a true intra-party civil war looks like on the other side.

If the Republican party was uniting behind Rubio or something I'd be angrier about Bernie, but right now their establishment is deliberately trying to engineer a convention floor fight clusterfuck which either ends with a Trump nomination or a Trump third party insurgency. So, like, whatever. Any damage Bernie does now is counterbalanced by the complete shambles that is the Republican primary.

I've decided that I'm over Bernie. I hold his bros in contempt but I can't get worked up over his various blunders; in the end 2008 really was a lot worse than this and right now we're witnessing what a true intra-party civil war looks like on the other side.

If the Republican party was uniting behind Rubio or something I'd be angrier about Bernie, but right now their establishment is deliberately trying to engineer a convention floor fight clusterfuck which either ends with a Trump nomination or a Trump third party insurgency. So, like, whatever. Any damage Bernie does now is counterbalanced by the complete shambles that is the Republican primary.

Thanks to the Republican circus no one is paying attention to what Bernie says anymore either.

tumblr_ntg4u4PJyk1u38djvo1_250.gif

Why do you hold bernie's "bros" who are a large part female in contempt?

I don't think he could do it even if he was in trudeau's body and oozing charisma, his ideas are anathema to a lot of the entrenched interests. I agree that you need to work with people but the public option in obamacare wasn't stopped just by republicans.

I'd buy your argument, if Elizabeth Warren didn't exist. Bernie is trying to run for the Democratic party and away from the Democratic party at the same time. You can't do this. We all know that he's not a member of the party. That's fine. However, he needs to not step in shit about it. Don't say that Democratic elected officials are wrong (even if they are) in this type of context. Just throw a bull shit answer out "I disagree with my colleagues on XYZ." That's fine. Hillary doesn't agree with every single Democrat either.

But, when you're already in a hole, and the ONLY way you have a chance of winning is to get some party support (because you need Supers) then you need to at least pretend to play nice. Bernie hasn't shown an ability to play nice with anyone who doesn't Feel the Bern.

I'd buy your argument, if Elizabeth Warren didn't exist. Bernie is trying to run for the Democratic party and away from the Democratic party at the same time. You can't do this. We all know that he's not a member of the party. That's fine. However, he needs to not step in shit about it. Don't say that Democratic elected officials are wrong (even if they are) in this type of context. Just throw a bull shit answer out "I disagree with my colleagues on XYZ." That's fine. Hillary doesn't agree with every single Democrat either.

But, when you're already in a hole, and the ONLY way you have a chance of winning is to get some party support (because you need Supers) then you need to at least pretend to play nice. Bernie hasn't shown an ability to play nice with anyone who doesn't Feel the Bern.

Elizabeth Warren is having her own war against DWS and other democratic party members so thats a whole other ballgame. I think that doing things "for the team" is not a good path to go down but thats just me.

cnn keeps ignoring the white people don't know what it's like to be poor comment. They showed the segment again and their feed at the bottom left off the white people part twice now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom