• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
So, Trump has had two high profile endorsements so far, and both have come with fairly strategic timing. Really have to wonder if he has a handful of them stockpiled, and is just doling them out for maximum effectiveness.

You know, exactly like Obama did with Powell.

sphagnum

Banned
I had a thought this morning that one way the GOP could stop Trump at this point is if Rubio and Cruz were somehow convinced by the party to put aside their differences and run on a combined ticket, with one gunning for POTUS and one as VP, and hoping that the voters of the one who agrees to be VP don't split enough that someone goes over to Trump.

Not gonna happen though. Also has a candidate ever declared that they wanted to be VP before a nominee has been chosen? It would be a rather unusual thing.

CCS

Banned
Can you imagine: Chris Christie, the man who was blamed for bringing down Romney, bringing down Rubio too. I cannot even begin to say how happy I am right now. Hopefully Rubio's race and career is dead now, he can fuck off and please never ever come back again.

I had a thought this morning that one way the GOP could stop Trump at this point is if Rubio and Cruz were somehow convinced by the party to put aside their differences and run on a combined ticket, with one gunning for POTUS and one as VP, and hoping that the voters of the one who agrees to be VP don't split enough that someone goes over to Trump.

Not gonna happen though. Also has a candidate ever declared that they wanted to be VP before a nominee has been chosen? It would be a rather unusual thing.
It's extremely rare (and we used to elect Vice Presidents separately) but it's been done before.

Someone needs to make a gif of when obi-wan feels the souls of Alderaan being killed by the Death Star but in its place either priebus or rubio feeling the screams of tens of thousands of establishment Republicans.

I don't think it would ever happen. Hillary's campaign would tell her that picking another older woman as a running mate would be bad optics.

Yeah but Bernie's gonna be the nominee............. :'(

You're likely right, I'm just considering some options without any consideration for if they'd actually be tapped for the VP spot.

If Christie is the VP then Booker has to be Clinton's VP. He has to be. Don't pick Castro.

I'm a Castro cheerleader but he will get murdered by Christie on stage.

Hindl

I can't help but be drawn to the idea that Warren would be a great counter against Christie. She's a vociferous debater and an effective speaker, but looks like the nicest grandma of all time. Christie's crudeness would seem especially ugly against her, while she could unload on him without reprieve.

Edit- Booker would be interesting too.

Being serious, I'd like Warren and think she'd do great. And she would do well to speak to Sanders' voters. But she is much older than she looks and acts, she's barely younger than Clinton. Additionally, having a two woman ticket might be too much unfortunately. I love Warren and wish she could've had her run, but she's probably going to continue to be most effective if she stays in the Senate

Booker would be an interesting choice though

I mean, it's true. NJ fucking hates Christie

CCS

Banned
Twitter is full of so much salt right now. I think they might actually be angrier about this than when he hugged Obama.

Oh my god.. Donnie, you beautiful bastard.. Why get your hands dirty when your attack dog can finish the job for you..

Amazing... You think Priebus might be thinking of hitting the bottle here?

OK. I'm done. Trump has outfoxed the GOP. I don't think trump is a genius or even that smart but he's smart enough to make a mockery of the idiots in the Republican party.

This whole primary is exposing the party for the morons they are.

Dying here.

So, Trump has had two high profile endorsements so far, and both have come with fairly strategic timing. Really have to wonder if he has a handful of them stockpiled, and is just doling them out for maximum effectiveness.

You know, exactly like Obama did with Powell.
Powell's endorsement of Obama was legendary.

I think that was the moment that telegraphed quite clearly to Republicans everywhere, yes, this is happening, deal with it.

I can't think of an equivalent endorsement for Hillary that would pack the same punch. John McCain?

I feel like the biggest problem with this is that the Republican establishment hates Cruz and the feeling is mutual.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The real benefit of this is that Christie is an attack dog and can give Trump tons of material for the next debate.

From Robert Costa:

Bill Kristol slams Christie endmst in WaPo intw: “It’s kind of lame. The Trump camp felt they had to haul out Christie," calls DT "rattled"

Hahahahahaha.... Kristol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom