• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
.@NewtGingrich

100% true. Trump was right last night--there is a huge portion of the base that wants a newer type of party. That's why his numbers are so high.

Macho Madness said:
He essentially did, but not explicitly.

I thought he explicitly endorsed Trump. I am fairly certain they have audio. They asked him why and he said, "Because I want to make America great again."

If not, I have no idea what I was listening to.

Edit: Wow, maybe I dreamed that. I was positive it occurred.

User 406

Banned
Cruz and Rubio are so trapped inside the conservative bubble that it's insane. Who else would think "Donald Trump will make the government not let people die on the streets! RINO!" is a good attack? Especially when all of Trump's voters know he's talking about not letting white people die since Trump is a racist? Especially when you're about to go into the welfare friendly south???

This is an important bit of subtext that a lot of people who are baffled by Trump's easy deviation from conservative principles miss. He can say, "We can't let people die on the streets" or, "Planned Parenthood has helped millions of women" because his established racism makes the implication clear to his racist base that he's talking about whi-

CcKJQ90UAAAWhAR.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

Asshole bully game recognize asshole bully game!

This is fucking astounding!

A reporter asked for a reaction to David Duke's endorsement. Trump said he wasn't aware of the endorsement and "I disavow him."

x9phijwij9ohagoeykey.gif

Wait WUT?

Don't most Republicans already hate Christie? I mean he HUGGED OBAMA (also he never got a lot of votes in the primaries). Does this actually help Trump or is this just to drown out Rubio news?

The born again Christian method of redemption is old and busted, the new hotness is Trump's "Fuck you I didn't do or say whatever you have me on video doing or saying." Brother Christie has seen the light, Hallejyooooge!

What a fuckin' election.

Posters in this thread aren't the only people looking at the polling coming out this week and coming to a realization that this race is all but over. I wonder who will be next after Christie.

Hammer24

Banned
The best way to make sure Hillary/democrats win the GE is to get Trump to be the GOP nominee.

That's pretty much exactly the same sentiment like 1980, when the Dems were positively giddy that the Reps were so dumb as to nominate a total Outsider, A cheap Hollywood actor to boot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Posters in this thread aren't the only people looking at the polling coming out this week and coming to a realization that this race is all but over. I wonder who will be next after Christie.

Carson and then Kasich, most likely. I don't see those guys endorsing Rubio or Cruz.

Maybe Carson endorses everyone instead. Seems like something he would say.

East Lake

I have to ask. Is Trump going to run a general election without outside money? Is he really going to do that? Curious.
I've actually wondered this as well. I imagine he could do it on the cheap but he'd still have to spend a significant amount of his fortune. Other possibilities is he ditches the self funding claim, which is probably doable or maybe he looks the other way for PACs that support him.

That's pretty much exactly the same sentiment like 1980, when the Dems were positively giddy that the Reps were so dumb as to nominate a total Outsider, A cheap Hollywood actor to boot.
Reagan was a popular two-term governor and president of SAG with a wealth of political connections.

He also went against Carter who fairly or not was seen as a failure by both the left and the right whereas Obama's approval is near 50/50 and exceedingly high among Democrats.

Every time this dumb analogy gets trotted out an angel dies.

Yep. Do not underestimate him. That's the dumbest thing you can do.

Reagan was a great actor too. Find and read "The Clothes Have No Emporer". It's a brilliant look into that window.

Reagan was a popular two-term governor and president of SAG with a wealth of political connections.

Every time this dumb analogy gets trotted out an angel dies.

Agreed, its a completely ludicrous analogy.

Christie is really giving a massive finger to the establishment. He must really hate Rubio. Ted Cruz is being pushed aside again to irrelevancy.

This election cycle has really put the final nail in the coffin for the modern GOP. What it emerges as will be interesting.

The Jeb team is like pissed on twitter

@ddkochel
New lesson kids: sometimes, the best option for the fat kid is to just hand his lunch money over to the bully! #TrumpChristie2016

@Timodc
Like Trump, Chris Christie is a pathetic, corrupt man with a tiny ego. I'm sure they bonded discussing their insecurities over a big meal.

East Lake

Bunch of reporters are bringing up statements where Trump and Christie were critical of each other before the endorsement like anyone actually cares. Part of the game losers.

Plinko

Wow. I think my favorite is actually this retweet:

The bubble the right wing media is living in is quite incredible.

LOL WHAT? They lobbed softballs at Rubio all night and gave Trump the most direct questions by far. It was a clear hit job by the RNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom