• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Ted Cruz' likability:

Iwas talkin gto my kids about how I like most people. They asked me who Iliked least in the world. I said, "probably Ted Cruz" offhandedly. They (ages 7 and 11)have locked onto this and bring it up regularly.

I find it hilarious.

CCS

Banned
Regarding Ted Cruz' likability:

Iwas talkin gto my kids about how I like most people. They asked me who Iliked least in the world. I said, "probably Ted Cruz" offhandedly. They (ages 7 and 11)have locked onto this and bring it up regularly.

I find it hilarious.

That's amazing :lol

Holmes

giphy.gif

Aceun

So super honest question. I'm just getting into politics because like many, I have real concerns about the outcome of this election.

I'm in Jersey. I'm voting for Hil/Bern in the general election. Is it worth voting republican in the primary to take away votes from Trump?

So super honest question. I'm just getting into politics because like many, I have real concerns about the outcome of this election.

I'm in Jersey. I'm voting for Hil/Bern in the general election. Is it worth voting republican in the primary to take away votes from Trump?

You should want Trump to win. He's the easiest win in the general.

Holmes

Jersey will be easy Clinton and Trump wins in the primary either way so vote how you like.

March 22: Arizona, Idaho, Utah
March 26: Alaska, Hawaii, Washington
April 5: Wisconsin
April 9: Wyoming
April 19: New York

Yeesh, map looks bad for Clinton after the 15th and until April 19th(NY).

You're right but her campaign is going to try and pull the margins down for him to where there's no blowout wins for him in the big delegate states. I could see her winning Arizona, Hawaii, and possibly Wisconsin.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Personally I would not vote for Trump (in the primaries), because I am not having me voting for that manipulating sociopath on my conscious.

thcsquad

I don't think those states amount to a ton of delegates. But sure, prepare to be bombarded with a bunch of social media gloating from your Bernie fanatic friends for a while.

PBY

Banned
Personally I would not vote for Trump (in the primaries), because I am not having me voting for that manipulating sociopath on my conscious.

Sure, if you feel strongly about it. I'd probably not vote AGAINST him either tho. That almost got Rubio VA.

pigeon

Banned

I think Hillary has a shot at Arizona.

My prediction is that Hawaii should be a lock for Hillary -- Obama came out and said he wants Hillary and he's the favored son. Hawaii is not a particularly liberal state, it's just a very Democratic one, and it's mostly people of color. I expect her to win, maybe by a lot.

ID, UT, AK, WI, WY are probably all Sanders wins. She can keep it close in Wisconsin.

I don't think those states amount to a ton of delegates. But sure, prepare to be bombarded with a bunch of social media gloating from your Bernie fanatic friends for a while.
They all amount to a total of 373 delegates. For reference, OH+FL = 357. Hillary's position is solid. You'd want to fleece as many delegates as you can in multiple smaller states and run up the margins in delegate rich states like OH, FL and NC. Sanders is opposite and at a disadvantage. He is looking at blowout defeats in delegate rich states like FL, NC (and mild defeat in OH) while winning small states which dont award much delegates.

PBY

Banned
For that same reason, I would likely vote for Rubio or Kasich in the primary.

Why would you do that? Not trying to take away your agency - but if you're trying to vote strategically, it just hurts Trump and Cruz, and helps the candidates more likely to win a GE. Secondly, those dudes are also huge assholes, so your conscience isn't cleared in that way either.

I think Hillary will take Arizona easily. She did well in Nevada and Arizona is more favorable demographically overall...and its not a caucus which instantly will benefit her. Hawaii is also one that I expect her to win. If she does well in Michigan I think Wisconsin will go for her. The rural states will go to Sanders though.

I think New York will be the coup de grace though finally.

Tomorrow is going to be real ugly for the Sanders campaign though

Trump has the best arguments this weekend about Ted's negatives

Trump went on saying that Ted can't win NY, NJ, PA, OH and CA

you know what, he is right.

Cruz's chest pumping against New York City makes him a general election loser

Slacker

Rubio really killed himself with those attacks on Trump. Which is hilarious since the establishment would have loved for Cruz to be the attack dog while Rubes stayed above it all.

I'll never understand what he was thinking by traipsing into that minefield. If Rubio were smart and/or had smart advisors he would have done two things:

1) Stayed above it all, occasionally bringing up the "presidential" adjective to remind people that they don't want a crass/vulgar representing their party/country.

2) Try to 'out-Christian' Cruz on a few issues, like torture and taxes. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I feel like at least some Christian Republicans would respond to a message of "we're the good guys, we don't torture" and the idea that the flat tax shifts a lot of burden to lower income taxpayers.

But instead he talks about Trump pissing himself with his tiny wang, and here we are. Way to throw away the one thing you could have used to separate yourself from Trump. Might as well start reminding people again how Hillary is the most experienced candidate running.

Gruco

Banned
I think Hillary has a shot at Arizona.

My prediction is that Hawaii should be a lock for Hillary -- Obama came out and said he wants Hillary and he's the favored son. Hawaii is not a particularly liberal state, it's just a very Democratic one, and it's mostly people of color. I expect her to win, maybe by a lot.

ID, UT, AK, WI, WY are probably all Sanders wins. She can keep it close in Wisconsin.

Yeah, I agree with the above. Fairly bullish on AZ (closed primary) and HI, and WI isn't terrible as an open primary with like 2 weeks of lead time.

WA is going to be absolutely brutal though.

Aceun

See this is why I ask ya'll haha.

It sounds like I should just vote dem in the primary, instead of playing a game of fates with the masters of evil.

NeoXChaos

Hillary benefits off of WI being a primary instead of a caucus with similar demographics like WA. OR is also a primary but its on May 17th and I doubt Sanders will be in by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom