• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really believe this? Do you really believe that in 32 hours Sanders will walk out a winner of the Michigan primary, reversing the month long trend of ostensibly being down by a double-digit margin, because his vote on the auto bailout was misframed?

No, I don't. He's likely to lose Michigan.

Any other strawmen you'd like to pull out of your ass?

I don't think Bernie did anything wrong last night or was being sexist. This is an audition to become the most powerful person on the planet, and regardless of who your opponent is you should be allowed to be aggressive if you feel like you have to be.

But people don't do what he did last night for a reason. Sure, you can wear Crocs to a night club, nothing technically "wrong" with it. But the choice you have consciously made is going to work against your goal of courting your intended audience.

CCS

Banned
Can you even read that post? It's ridiculous that has to be a serious question at this point. He voted against Wall Street bailouts and was for auto-industry ones before that. It's not his fault that the money was used for reasons other than what was stated. Hillary lied, plain and simple.

She didn't lie. It may be an unfair representation, but it is factually true that he voted against the bill giving the funds used in the bailout. Therefore, he voted against providing the money for the bailout, so he voted against the bailout. Simple as that.

PBY

Banned

beSFiXF.png

Ohio Republicans hate everyone but Kasich. No wonder its so easy for Trump take over:

Net fav with Ohio GOP

Kasich +48
Trump +4
Cruz -5
(Romney -17)
Rubio -18

Ekai

She didn't lie. It may be an unfair representation, but it is factually true that he voted against the bill giving the funds used in the bailout. Therefore, he voted against providing the money for the bailout, so he voted against the bailout. Simple as that.

These mental gymnastics in an attempt to state he blatantly was against the auto-industry when the exact opposite is true and he did support the auto-industry though.
If you're just going to repeat her blatant lies and ignore the facts when they're literally posted right here on this page then there's no discussion to be had here.

He didn't vote against all money going to the bailout, so you're 100% wrong. Simple as that.

These mental gymnastics in an attempt to state he blatantly was against the auto-industry when the exact opposite is true and he did support the auto-industry though.
If you're just going to repeat her blatant lies and ignore the facts when they're literally posted right here on this page then there's no discussion to be had here.

Yeah, I'm done with the discussion too. It's clearly going nowhere.

CCS

Banned

I'm not saying he's anti auto industry, I'm saying he voted against the bailout. That is factually true.

jtb

Banned
I thought Hillary threaded the needle pretty carefully and effectively with that attack... ended up being a hit more on Bernie's refusal to compromise (which, tbh, is exactly what it was) more than him wanting the auto industry to fail.

noshten

You are contributing towards a toxic environment much like Hillary does with her position on fracking

He didn't vote against all money going to the bailout, so you're 100% wrong. Simple as that.

Even the factcheck article grants that Clinton has a point, but her claims extend beyond the evidence. Sanders did vote against a package of funds that included money for the auto industry. There is a difference between an exaggeration and a lie.

No, I don't. He's likely to lose Michigan.

Any other strawmen you'd like to pull out of your ass?

So how will it hurt her? Will the media hound her? Will it affect her in other states? I'm just curious, this seems like the sort of thing that easily gets lost in the media cycle.

Oh and thanks for the restraint.

The way I took last nights second half of the debate, she would ramble on and seemed to be taking up more of the time. Were not time limits? She wouldn't stop.

So how will it hurt her? Will the media hound her? Will it affect her in other states? I'm just curious, this seems like the sort of thing that easily gets lost in the media cycle.

Doubtful, they want her to win.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
See. The gop will support Cruz and his campaign will not be incompetent. Liberals clutching their pearls at trump need to get over it; he would be destroyed.

CCS

Banned
See. The gop will support Cruz and his campaign will not be incompetent. Liberals clutching their pearls at trump need to get over it; he would be destroyed.

Cruz is just a dreadful candidate though. All of the far right views with none of the charisma.

Either this anti trump media blitz from the Republican party over the past week or so is working or trump supporters are afraid to go out and vote due to shame or something. If cruz wins Michigan tomorrow I'd say he has all the momentum and even could become the new 'frontrunner' by next week.

Cruz is horrible. He will flat out lie in the general and the media won't fact check him. Also expect more voter violation type crap.
Cruz is far more the dangerous president when compared to trump due to the fact he would shut down in government if he did not get his way in a budget to the letter

Kangi

ahead with whites by a good percentage and crushing the AA vote. March 15th could be super for Clinton.
With Ohio trending well for Clinton, is there any state Bernie has a chance in on the 15th? I mean, Missouri hasn't been polled, but its high black population should do him in. And if he can't even keep it close in Virginia, North Carolina won't be good to him, either.

I wonder how they'll try to spin a clean sweep on the 15th to try to avoid him looking like a dead man walking.

PBY

Banned
Either this anti trump media blitz from the Republican party over the past week or so is working or trump supporters are afraid to go out and vote due to shame or something. If cruz wins Michigan tomorrow I'd say he has all the momentum and even could become the new 'frontrunner' by next week.

Has Cruz shown any signs of life in Michigan tho?

Is it possible for him to win out right over Donnie should this occur?

NeoXChaos

I wish Missouri and North Carolina had more polling. I think Sanders could pull out a win in the former and over-perform in the latter.

Gonna put cold water on the Missouri. Bernie is not running ads there.

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 2h2 hours ago
@JeffSmithMO you think Sanders has any shot in MO? In looking at March 15 calendar, it strangely seems like maybe his only winnable state

Jeff Smith ‏@JeffSmithMO 2h2 hours ago
@kkondik i'd be very surprised. He'll win towns like Webster Groves & Univ. City, but MO's a tough place to run against the establishment!

Jeff Smith ‏@JeffSmithMO 1h1 hour ago
@MonadoXx @kkondik HRC has 2 ads up. Not aware of any Bernie ads up...

NeoXChaos

With Ohio trending well for Clinton, is there any state Bernie has a chance in on the 15th? I mean, Missouri hasn't been polled, but its high black population should do him in. And if he can't even keep it close in Virginia, North Carolina won't be good to him, either.

I wonder how they'll try to spin a clean sweep on the 15th to try to avoid him looking like a dead man walking.

IL has a high black population too.

Slayven

"Those states don't matter"

" Blacks in Canada get Bernie's message"

Cerium

These got me cracking up in the office.

The fucked up thing though is that /r/Politics locked the only post about that Bernie quote and deleted 200 comments. They don't realize it, but because of their heavy handed Bernie broing /r/The_Donald is becoming the only place on Reddit where news unfavorable to Sanders actually gets discussed.

Rubio won't have a career in politics after Trump wins Florida

I really appreciate how he's cut a bloody swath through the GOP's "deep bench."

They had all these candidates they manufactured for the purposes of running for President, they had a roadmap, and then Trump comes and takes a big shit on all of it. Rubio, Walker, Bush, so many national careers ended.

Another underrated aspect of a Trump nomination: The GOP will be at war with itself. It seems they're ready to grudgingly unite behind Cruz, but if it's Trump, we're looking at a bitterly divided party in November where downticket Republicans will literally be running away from their standard bearer. The long term damage to the GOP will be priceless. Even if the booger hungry Canadian is easier to beat (and I think Hillary would beat either) it'll be worth it.

Gonna put cold water on the Missouri. Bernie is not running ads there.

That's very interesting, because Missouri is the one state on that day that I would have argued slightly favors him. There's a week to go, so I suppose he could put up ads, but I'd think the ad buys were already in.

North Carolina is a stretch because it's only around 70% white. Bernie hasn't won a state that's not at least 82% white.

CCS

Banned
Yeah, it's going to be all over bar the shouting after the 15th. Hillary takes the 7 states that will have voted by then and she'll have a pretty massive delegate lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom