• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

I can understand staying to have a say at the covention/raising important issues, but will Bernie get to the point where do stops asking for money? I think Bernie has been in politics long enough to read the writing on the wall.

Kyle Kondik told me that as long as there is a race on the Republican side that will give him cover to keep running despite increased pressure he will certainly get after the 15th.

I can understand staying to have a say at the covention/raising important issues, but will Bernie get to the point where do stops asking for money? I think Bernie has been in politics long enough to read the writing on the wall.

He won't stop asking for donations until he suspends his campaign.

teiresias

So then he just forgot what he voted for then? Weird.

It plays into the perception that he has some ideological test that will not allow him to work within divided government at all. He couldn't vote to release funds for the auto bailout because it was tied in with bank money. He'd rather make an ideological point than help real people in Detroit.

d_topline_sm_3_7_2016.png

Democratic race gotta go.

Boring, potentially harmful, and really just quixotic at this point.

It's whatever. It's not harmful, it's just kind of there. I have a hard time caring about it much anymore. Like Neo said, as long as the Republicans and their attention getting party of fucking bullshit train is still going, who cares if Bernie is still in it?

I did like how Hillary addressed Bernie at last night's town hall. "When I dropped out, I did everything I could to ensure Obama was the next president" (HINT HINT BERNIE)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Have we talked about the new Oregon Min Wage law that was signed?

Portland and surrounding area will be 14.75 by 2022, going to 11.25 July 1, 2017. Smaller cities will get to $13.50 and the rural boonies towns will be 12.50.

We are at $9.25 now, it jumps to 9.75 July 1st, 2016.

This year will be a pretty easy transition, but next year is a huge jump.

Have we talked about the new Oregon Min Wage law that was signed?

Portland and surrounding area will be 14.75 by 2022, going to 11.25 July 1, 2017. Smaller cities will get to $13.50 and the rural boonies towns will be 12.50.

We are at $9.25 now, it jumps to 9.75 July 1st, 2016.

This year will be a pretty easy transition, but next year is a huge jump.

I hope it works out.

It's whatever. It's not harmful, it's just kind of there. I have a hard time caring about it much anymore. Like Neo said, as long as the Republicans and their attention getting party of fucking bullshit train is still going, who cares if Bernie is still in it?

I did like how Hillary addressed Bernie at last night's town hall. "When I dropped out, I did everything I could to ensure Obama was the next president" (HINT HINT BERNIE)

She got a pretty good job by Obama after that.

Gruco

Banned
Bernie is not winning NY. Where are his supporters getting this idea from?

Hillary can only win red states! Bernie is from New York. It's unlikely that Hillary has ever set foot in New York. How is she supposed to win an election in a reliably blue state like that? Seems completely implausible.

===

Just voted for Hills in MI. Looking forward to results tonight. But...not as much as I'm looking forward to next week.

NeoXChaos

Hillary can only win red states! Bernie is from New York. It's unlikely that Hillary has ever set foot in New York. How is she supposed to win an election in a reliably blue state like that? Seems completely implausible.

===

Just voted for Hills in MI. Looking forward to results tonight. But...not as much as I'm looking forward to next week.

you still think Trump is winning your state?

When should we have exit polling? Should be a bit sooner due to Central Time zone right?

4:00 CST. Same as always. Call for MS at 7:00 CST. Call for MI at 8:00 CST

What are yalls predictions for today? I'm hoping trump wins 3 (Michigan, Mississippi, Idaho) and hopefully two by convincing double digits.

Bernie is not winning NY. Where are his supporters getting this idea from?

Have to cling on to something..saw all over twitter last night.. People were conceding Mississippi because it was in the South, and that Bernie was going to win Michigan. I think they saw that MSU 'poll' and felt they were going to take it.

Kusagari

Even if Bernie in some bizarro world wins NY and CA does it even matter?

He would probably barely win and not get anywhere near enough for it to matter. Democrats don't have WTA,.

PBY freaks out over everything.

Anyway, no one brought this up, but Romney joined Rubio in condemning Trump's comments on the KKK with "that will hurt us in the general election!" instead of with "racism is bad." The GOPe remembered who votes for them.

CCS

Banned

===

Next Tuesday is going to be beautiful. If Trump holds on to Florida and Ohio it will be the greatest day of this election so far. Enough salt for years.

PBY

Banned
That's his secret. He's always shook.

Actually not that shook. Really was only actually shook after Iowa. The 538 guys said this week has been more crushing for Trump than the Iowa loss.

I dunno. I'm actually just tired at this point, they just gotta pick someone.

National poll - ABC/WaPo

GOP
Trump 34
Cruz 25
Rubio 18
Kasich 13

DEMS
Clinton 49
Sanders 42

Yeah Trump took a hit.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I hope it works out.

It's going to be devastating to my work, and we pay over min wage, and have average wages of $11.50 or so, it's a pretty unskilled position and typically part-time. We start people at $10.. which right now is 75 cents over min... we historically have been 10 to 20% over min wage, which has been harder the last few years.. and going to be real hard next year. I'd need pay $11.75 to $12... which would raise my labor line substantially. It's a lot to take on so quickly, I could see my labor line go 10% and have little to no flexibility to raise what we charge as that's done at a national level.

I'll be forced to take one for the team as they say.. I'm going to have to ask for more money upfront as my P&L ain't gonna be pretty in a few years.

It's good for a lot of the employees though, but there's already animosity from the veterans who have worked to get to $12 to $19 and hour to see the bottom just get pushed towards them so quickly.

How big could Clinton's delegate lead be after next week? 350?

If she consistantly beats her benchmarks? I'm not sure, I am guessing Adam might have that number.

You are starting to see more and more Clinton's ratings start to improve, due to people thinking she is going to be the Democratic Nom. That will help in closer states for sure.

Gruco

Banned
you still think Trump is winning your state?

Anecdotally, I know a TON of people turning out just to vote against Trump. Political cynics and apathetics are voting for the first time in their lives to cast a ballot against Trump. Democratics are voting in the GOP primary to vote against Trump. I personally faced a ton of lobbying from people to vote against him.

But, I'm from Ann Arbor. I wouldn't read too much into what the nerds here choose to do

So, my read is that Trump takes it, but I'm not really basing that on anything other than my read of the polls.

PBY

Banned
Anecdotally, I know a TON of people turning out just to vote against Trump. Political cynics and apathetics are voting for the first time in their lives to cast a ballot against Trump. Democratics are voting in the GOP primary to vote against Trump. I personally faced a ton of lobbying from people to vote against him.

But, I'm from Ann Arbor. I wouldn't read too much into what the nerds here choose to do

So, my read is that Trump takes it, but I'm not really basing that on anything other than my read of the polls.

Democrats self-immolating

Ann Arbor is Bernie country yah?

Gruco

Banned
Ann Arbor is Bernie country yah?
Yeah, for sure. That one is easy to tell. Hillary will probably do terribly here because Bernie die hards (of which there are a lot) will vote for him and a lot of Hillary fans will vote GOP.

Hillary is definitely winning crushing the econ program vote though, so there's that.

I'm sorry..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom