• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Ted Cruz's college room-mate is amazing on Twitter:

tumblr_o3ngeq2Ppc1tficwmo5_540.png

tumblr_o3ngeq2Ppc1tficwmo1_1280.png

tumblr_o3ngeq2Ppc1tficwmo3_1280.png

tumblr_o3ngeq2Ppc1tficwmo4_1280.png

tumblr_o3ngeq2Ppc1tficwmo6_1280.png

tumblr_o3ngeq2Ppc1tficwmo7_1280.png

tumblr_o3ngeq2Ppc1tficwmo2_1280.png

Zona

It's going to be devastating to my work, and we pay over min wage, and have average wages of $11.50 or so, it's a pretty unskilled position and typically part-time. We start people at $10.. which right now is 75 cents over min... we historically have been 10 to 20% over min wage, which has been harder the last few years.. and going to be real hard next year. I'd need pay $11.75 to $12... which would raise my labor line substantially. It's a lot to take on so quickly, I could see my labor line go 10% and have little to no flexibility to raise what we charge as that's done at a national level.

I'll be forced to take one for the team as they say.. I'm going to have to ask for more money upfront as my P&L ain't gonna be pretty in a few years.

It's good for a lot of the employees though, but there's already animosity from the veterans who have worked to get to $12 to $19 and hour to see the bottom just get pushed towards them so quickly.

The bolded is something I've never personally understood but think might underlie quite a few of humanity's problems. The people making more then the new minimum are in no way worse off, their pay isn't being lowered. The people making less then the new minimum are going to see an improvement in pay! But some members of both groups are annoyed that others are going to be doing better. As if personal self worth is depended on the ability to look down on others. If you really feel so strongly that "I worked for that difference I should be making X more then minimum" then ask for a raise. Worst that's likely to happen is you're told no and ones position doesn't change.

Anyone else pissed at how negative Salon is going on Hillary? They're doing a lot of GE harm, IMO, if they keep pushing the most downbeat, negative stories.

Your candidate is not you, nor will the opposition be as kind as salon is being. Better that these things be aired now, and a proper response is crafted with ample time, than then.

Plus something something "THAT ISSUE AGAIN? GODS THATS SO OLD NEWS" something
ok, thats legit good.

kinda shite?

Are those really liabilities, though. I mean, none of them are great, sure, but are they serious? Not trying to deflect, I'm actually unsure how much those would really hurt the ticket.

Because a two female ticket that also contains the first openly bisexual governor is a good look. Plus, I'd love it if her presence made automatic voter registration an election issue.

Salon going negative is about as surprising as The Intercept doing it.

Lmao using this picture

dXwES7f.jpg

Why yes, Evil Queen Hillary loved to squash Detroit. "They deserve it," Hillary was quoted as saying.

Are those really liabilities, though. I mean, none of them are great, sure, but are they serious? Not trying to deflect, I'm actually unsure how much those would really hurt the ticket.

Because a two female ticket that also contains the first openly bisexual governor is a good look. Plus, I'd love it if her presence made automatic voter registration an election issue.

Liability? Eh... no. Not really. The comcast bit is disappointing af, obviously, but i wouldn't go so far as to say that she's a liability, especially when hills has it on such a hard lock.

If running two women, though, i'd much rather have a black politician up there.

Yes, i want Michelle for VP.

CCS

Banned
Salon going negative is about as surprising as The Intercept doing it.

Lmao using this picture

dXwES7f.jpg

Why yes, Evil Queen Hillary loved to squash Detroit. "They deserve it," Hillary was quoted as saying.

They used that? This is seventh grade classroom feud level of reporting.

Liability? Eh... no. Not really. The comcast bit is disappointing af, obviously, but i wouldn't go so far as to say that she's a liability, especially when hills has it on such a hard lock.

If running two women, though, i'd much rather have a black politician up there.

Yes, i want Michelle for VP.

Yeah, I'd say the Comcast bit disappoints me the most, but in that way where I'm already pretty resigned to big telecoms being behind most politicians already anyway. And I agree, diversity would be good. But I do like the idea of running a two woman ticket. Just because it's bait for people to say stupid, sexist things even moreso than a one woman ticket.

Mostly, I'm just interested in alternatives because Booker and Castro haven't excited me yet, but they're all people seem to talk about.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Doing some reading today. Random though. How does Kate Brown seem as a potential Clinton VP pick?
Now wait a minute, America has to take things slowly. We just had our first black president and next will be the first woman president. You can't throw another woman in, especially someone who's bisexual, they can't handle it! LGBT people have to wait their turn. Now the safe bet is the classic young white guy, but Obama has paved the wave for a young black guy VP. A young Hispanic guy might be pushing it, but we've already have one racial minority, so it's doable. Even an old LGBT white guy could work, but she needs someone younger on the ticket.

Holmes

I actually live in the area the Zodiac Killer was active in so I should be more careful. Especially if Cruz plans a visit to California.

Gruco

Banned
I really, really don't think there is any evidence of a Trump collapse, so all the speculation about it just sounds like more wishful thinking from establishment Republicans and idiot pundits.

Cruz did great over the weekend by taking Rubio's support, which happened because Rubio made an ass out of himself. He beat Trump in caucus states because he has a well organized campaign and Trump is a cheap asshole. Nothing new.

Trump's polling in Michigan is consistently strong, with no evidence of a collapse in support. He won every state that shares a border with Mississippi. He looks fine in Florida. There is a very good chance he'll lose Hawaii and Idaho, but what of it. Nothing stops this train. Except for Kasich's inevitability.

Holmes

They didn't even include Republican-leaning Independents that will vote in many of the remaining contests? geez oh man.

Anecdotally as an Idahoan, my conservative friends (who are all evangelical) seem to mostly be irritated and annoyed with the current batch of candidates. There was a lot of Ben Carson support early on but that's been gone for a while. If I had to guess I'd guess Ted Cruz because he's all about God First or whatever. There really does seem to be virtually no enthusiasm for any candidate though.

Tom_Cody

They didn't even include Republican-leaning Independents that will vote in many of the remaining contests? geez oh man.
No poll is perfect. Also, most of the remaining constests are closed (or semi-closed). This is a party primary after all.

EtO3b9Q.png

cruz more popular than Rubio?
I don't think that's really surprising given his performance on Saturday. We might see him bounce back, but this is definitely a low point for him.

pigeon

Banned
As with every other aspect of her campaign, I expect Hillary to play prevent defense with her VP pick, so it'll be a man who's already a high-ranking Democratic politician. Some possibilities from my point of view:

* Sherrod Brown
* Cory Booker
* Joe Biden #yolo
* Sheldon Whitehouse (HIS NAME IS LITERALLY WHITEHOUSE HOW COULD THIS BE A BAD CHOICE)

Hillary would already have already have women, LGBT and minorities locked up. No need to go for a VP pick there. She doesn't really excite the base though so she should go for a younger white male (appealing to moderate/liberal men) who is more progressive/liberal. A younger Bernie type to get those folks on board with some excitement. Bonus points if they are from a swing state.

Hillary would already have already have women, LGBT and minorities locked up. No need to go for a VP pick there. She doesn't really excite the base though so she should go for a younger white male (appealing to moderate men) who is more progressive/liberal. A younger Bernie type to get those folks on board with some excitement. Bonus points if they are from a swing state.

Chris Murphy.

HylianTom

Banned
He's doing the whole "sad!" thing again..

@realDonaldTrump said:
Mitt Romney had his chance and blew it. Lindsey Graham ran for president, got ZERO, and quit! Why are they now spokesmen against me? Sad!

===

And if she were to pick Biden again? I think I'd cry a bit.

As with every other aspect of her campaign, I expect Hillary to play prevent defense with her VP pick, so it'll be a man who's already a high-ranking Democratic politician. Some possibilities from my point of view:

* Sherrod Brown
* Cory Booker
* Joe Biden #yolo
* Sheldon Whitehouse (HIS NAME IS LITERALLY WHITEHOUSE HOW COULD THIS BE A BAD CHOICE)
Tom Perez is also a contender.

Renji_11

After having a good townhall yesterday Fox has gone back to bashing Hillary on Outnumbered. Basically saying that she is lying and should be prosecuted by and Grand Jury and convicted lol.

* Cory Booker

I would LOVE this but it would leave an open senate seat for Christie to fill.

* Sherrod Brown
* Cory Booker
* Joe Biden #yolo

I'd much prefer Bernard Navalobservatory.

After having a good townhall yesterday Fox has gone back to bashing Hillary on Outnumbered. Basically saying that she is lying and should be prosecuted by and Grand Jury and convicted lol.
This is the balanced part of fair and balanced. They were fair yesterday, now they're balancing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom