• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned

PBY

Banned
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is our past time.

So so so dumb on many levels.

1. Yo how about you actually vote for Hillary, and you know, wrap this up?
2. Trump isn't a boogeyman who will win despite math
3. Fucking Kasich? John 'Bernie's spinnin' out there around Pluto somewhere' KASICH?

Strategic voters are a lot more likely to tell you they're strategic voting than those who aren't. It's probably not a lot of people.

Plus Dave is following Kasich around today.

Blader

Aside from being young and Hispanic, why exactly has Castro being getting so much VP buzz? He hasn't done much of anything.

Reason number 137 that I'd be a bad mod: every time I saw someone arguing that GMO labelling should be mandatory because the people have a right to know, I would tag them as "Full of Shit." Because it's true, and other posters should have a right to know to know.

I'm not going to freak out about this. I'm not. It's all going to be fine. Nothing at all to worry about.
I'm fine. Hillary is fine. She will.... OMG Michigan do not ruin this for me.

PBY

Banned
I'm not going to freak out about this. I'm not. It's all going to be fine. Nothing at all to worry about.

She'll be fine. It is funny though that no Bernie supporters are part of this fuckery.

HylianTom

Banned
It'll be fine. Just make sure that you're stocked with drinks and that you're ready to document your mom's fantastic commentary. I want to laugh tonight!

ivysaur12

Banned
So I thought I signed up to make the thread for the Super Tuesday on the 15th, but now I see some places referring to today as the 2nd Super Tuesday? SO I guess I'm just a bit confused and if anyone could help me that'd be great thanks byeeee

Kangi

I'm at the point that I don't necessarily care if Trump gets the nomination. The race on the right is such a trainwreck that I can't see any candidate coming out of it looking strong. They want to do convention shenanigans and tick off further an already-distrusting voting base, fine by me.

(Plus, I'm getting a little worried at this point about the possibility of Trump actually becoming president.)

Now if only Sanders will get out after the 15th and let Hillary go full GE mode.

Tom_Cody

Why is everyone calling it Super Tuesday 2 and not Super Twosday?
A missed opportunity.
There do seem to be a lot of anecdotes about Clinton voters crossing over for Kasich. Is Drumpf so damaged now that Dems are terrified of him even getting the nomination?
It will be really interesting to see where Kasich ends up. Judging by the anecdotal evidence and the google trends, he should at least over-perform his poll numbers. The real question though is where that gets him. A strong second place finish would put him in good shape to take winner-take-all Ohio next week.

Bowdz

Trump will win Miss and Mich easily, Rubio will drop out, and everyone will look silly and forget everything next Tuesday.

The rise of the fruit ninja is real. After Michigan tonight, oh boy, man, geeze, wow, let me tell you, this is nuts. Buckle your selt belt, cause your head's gonna spin, Ohio.

pigeon

Banned
A lot of Democrats are so terrified of Trump that they don't want him to be nominated just on the off chance that Hillary gets hit by a bus or whatever. Also they don't want to believe that one of America's political parties will nominate a crazy racist with no government experience.

My wife falls into this camp, actually. Whenever I bring up Trump's success she says she's scared and unhappy about it, even though I point out that he will be a disaster in the general election. I think it's hard for some people to believe that Trump will fail in the general because everything is so up with Trump right now.

PBY

Banned
A lot of Democrats are so terrified of Trump that they don't want him to be nominated just on the off chance that Hillary gets hit by a bus or whatever. Also they don't want to believe that one of America's political parties will nominate a crazy racist with no government experience.

My wife falls into this camp, actually. Whenever I bring up Trump's success she says she's scared and unhappy about it, even though I point out that he will be a disaster in the general election. I think it's hard for some people to believe that Trump will fail in the general because everything is so up with Trump right now.

My gf is the same. I present every single metric we have indicating that he has a relatively low chance, and its handwaved away by Trump magic.

Yo I wish Trump had Trump magic, he's barely hanging on for the GOP nom.

Have you shown her this video?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1IXDrXgV0

CCS

Banned
If Trump doesn't hang on I'll be so disappointed. Him being nominated could give the Democrats a great chance to steal normally unreachable seats and actually get stuff through Congress.

PBY

Banned
If Trump doesn't hang on I'll be so disappointed. Him being nominated could give the Democrats a great chance to steal normally unreachable seats and actually get stuff through Congress.

There's a reason why the GOP is collectively losing its shit

7SDanpz.gif

Grief.exe

It's a risk, potentially a small risk, but there is still a probability there. Hillary could blow up in the general, or some other catastrophic event.

Personally, I would prefer to take the risk on Trump than Cruz.

It would be preferable to see this version of the Republican party blown apart so we can have a viable competing political party. For one so we aren't deathly afraid during elections, but so we can continue on with normal operations in our political system.

PBY

Banned
Well, also because he's completing the GOP's transformation to a nonconservative, white nationalist party.

Well... the GOP isn't becoming that. 1/3 of the GOP really wants that. Rich, "moderate" conservatives are going to what zero part of that. The majority of the other 2/3 are gonna want zero part of that.

Castro will get destroyed in a debate if we end up with someone like Christie as VP.

...huh. That's a valid point. Not that it'd have much impact, much like how biden tore swoleboy apart, but yeah, that'd likely happen.

Booker obv would fare better, but we got enough WS ties with Hills, no need to double down on that. Plus the senate seat thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom