• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
They used that? This is seventh grade classroom feud level of reporting.

Salon has been crappy for ages, maybe always? I stopped following links to them even when they were saying things I would agree with, because the logic was always suspect. Weasel words, guilt by association, big leaps, half truths.

Well... the GOP isn't becoming that. 1/3 of the GOP really wants that. Rich, "moderate" conservatives are going to what zero part of that. The majority of the other 2/3 are gonna want zero part of that.

I mean, 90% of the GOP supported W despite W being a nationalist instead of a pure conservative.

W was more about big government than any other president in a while.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
A lot of Democrats are so terrified of Trump that they don't want him to be nominated just on the off chance that Hillary gets hit by a bus or whatever. Also they don't want to believe that one of America's political parties will nominate a crazy racist with no government experience.

My wife falls into this camp, actually. Whenever I bring up Trump's success she says she's scared and unhappy about it, even though I point out that he will be a disaster in the general election. I think it's hard for some people to believe that Trump will fail in the general because everything is so up with Trump right now.
I don't know any democrat who is less afraid of Cruz.

Guys, best outcome is and remains Trump vs. Cruz in a brokered convention. For that to happen, he's gonna have to lose a few states.

The only objectionable tactic here is making your anti-Trump vote Kasich over Cruz, since it's a lot less effective.

Give me Howard Dean or Tim Kaine as VP. If Booker and Castro want to run in the future, I'd prefer they make their case on their own terms rather than be artificially elevated to being the "next up" candidate.

HylianTom

Banned
A lot of Democrats are so terrified of Trump that they don't want him to be nominated just on the off chance that Hillary gets hit by a bus or whatever. Also they don't want to believe that one of America's political parties will nominate a crazy racist with no government experience.

My wife falls into this camp, actually. Whenever I bring up Trump's success she says she's scared and unhappy about it, even though I point out that he will be a disaster in the general election. I think it's hard for some people to believe that Trump will fail in the general because everything is so up with Trump right now.

I'm in the opposite corner at this point, as I was in 2008 when we knew we were going to win. For the most part, this is going to be a joyride. The main source of ugliness will come from having to keep eternally-nervous Dems calm, and from watching potentially nasty reactions on the right as they realize what the outcome will be.

Guys, best outcome is and remains Trump vs. Cruz in a brokered convention. For that to happen, he's gonna have to lose a few states.

The only objectionable tactic here is making your anti-Trump vote Kasich over Cruz, since it's a lot less effective.

A TrumpvCruz brokered convention would help bring gun control to America.

Cross over voters. I know it's unlikely to throw the result to Bernie, but in a race where delegates are awarded proportionally, a few points matter.

She's ahead so much I doubt it will matter.

The most amazing thing to me this cycle is that my Western MI, Romney backing sister is all in on Bernie. I don't talk to her much but something flipped her switch.

Key789

Banned
Adam, if it makes you feel better, I live in Michigan, but won't be able to get to the primary in time. I made my dad go and vote for Hillary in my place, and demanded that he send a picture of his "I voted" sticker.

Does anyone have any Hillary related avatars I could use? This is my first day on NeoGaf, so if there is a tread for this type of request, I apologize.

Give me Howard Dean or Tim Kaine as VP. If Booker and Castro want to run in the future, I'd prefer they make their case on their own terms rather than be artificially elevated to being the "next up" candidate.

Huh.

That's... hmmm.

Dean expressed interest in running for the presidency in 2016, but published an op-ed in December 2014 in which he outlined why he would support former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton should she decide to run for president, which she eventually did (announcing in April 2015).[9][10][11][12]

well damn. Gimme.

Does anyone have any Hillary related avatars I could use? This is my first day on NeoGaf, so if there is a tread for this type of request, I apologize.

just crop this image, fam.
banshee-2.jpg

So I guess I'm the only one that wants Wesley Clark for Clinton VP? To similiar to Clinton in regards to Foreign policy? I wanted Clark in 08 as well, i'm always looking for other names (I've seen Castro, Booker) will have to take a look at them.

So I guess I'm the only one that wants Wesley Clark for Clinton VP? To similiar to Clinton in regards to Foreign policy? I wanted Clark in 08 as well, i'm always looking for other names (I've seen Castro, Booker) will have to take a look at them.

I like Wesley Clark, but he doesn't bring anything to the ticket. He's not going to excite anyone, and his area of expertise is already something Hillary is great at. Someone with a populist message would be best.

Clark serves as the co-chairman of Growth Energy, an ethanol lobbying group,[6][7] and is on the board of directors of BNK Petroleum.[8]

If you want even less emphasis on solar and aeolian, sure.

Huh.

That's... hmmm.

well damn. Gimme.
Dean would be my choice considering the climate of the democratic side. Hillary picking Bernie obviously isn't going to happen, but I feel like Dean would be a plausible replacement for that sort of energetic, outsider type. He's obviously an insider now but Dean was the "Bernie" of his day. But I still think he's the kind of relatable, energetic politician that would fill out the ticket nicely

Welp. CNN talking about democrats in MS voting against Trump as well to prevent his nomination. Democrats can't get out of our own way. If they only knew how much they were helping the Republicans. You guys still worried about all the closed primaries coming up? Looks like a blessing.

I will hold you and whisper sweet nothings about how racist much of the Republican base is to you.

That's my fetish!

This guy from MSNBC believes that Hillary will get all the delegates in MS because she'll get above 50% of the vote. That's not how any of this works.

PBY

Banned
Welp. CNN talking about democrats in MS voting against Trump as well to prevent his nomination. Democrats can't get out of our own way. If they only knew how much they were helping the Republicans. You guys still worried about all the closed primaries coming up? Looks like a blessing.

The GOP sends these people their best.

Makai

Welp. CNN talking about democrats in MS voting against Drumpf as well to prevent his nomination. Democrats can't get out of our own way. If they only knew how much they were helping the Republicans. You guys still worried about all the closed primaries coming up? Looks like a blessing.
How do they know they're not voting for Trump? Trump's the one that does well with Democrats last I checked.

Gosh. So many people just don't understand politics and yet they still go out and vote. Should I really feel proud about that kind of democracy? Is that exactly what democracy is? Everyone having a say, even the uneducated and misinformed...and we still celebrate democracy...okay I'm just rambling now.

I like Wesley Clark, but he doesn't bring anything to the ticket. He's not going to excite anyone, and his area of expertise is already something Hillary is great at. Someone with a populist message would be best.

Thats true.

I'd love to have him as SecDef though.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Julian Castro is going to be the VP pick.

What a bad choice that would be. Kid is much of an empty suit as Rubio. Just so happens to belong to our camp.

Would you really want Julian Castro to be potentially the president of the United States within 4 years. Absolutely not.

What a bad choice that would be. Kid is much of an empty suit as Rubio. Just so happens to belong to our camp.
Yeah, We need someone who's going to fight, and get down and dirty for the Queen.

I keep mentioning Dean because I saw him on Hardball and they were talking about how Bernie has characterized Hillary. He was pissed off and wasn't having any of it.

Hillarys divisive and I think she needs someone who is going to go full out defense force mode when necessary. This was literally Bidens job and he did it really well.

I think Castro would just be kind of awkward or not know how to react when the heat gets turned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom