• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they're not particularly encouraged by a man linked with the KKK being a Presidential frontrunner.

Good point. I think it's important to remember that Trump is the death throes of a political strategy that dominated national politics in the 70's and 80's, though. He's the desperate hail mary of the southern strategy. He's the end of an era, not the start of one.

Ignatz Mouse said:
Ferguson ring a bell?

I mean, if anyone thinks that Ferguson-type situations just started happening, I've got news for them. What is new is the fact that these scenarios now consistently make national headlines, and that's a good thing.

ivysaur12

Banned
CdD6iV0XEAMvqhK.jpg

Sad!

I'd be curious to hear why democrats think race relations have worsened. I can understand that republicans think it's worse because they think discussing or acknowledging race is the same as racism. But I don't know why dems would feel this way.
Because Latinos are facing Donald Trump and black people are being sadly inundated footage of police brutality. It's not so hard to see why people believe this.

HylianTom

Banned
This is looking like another really good night for Hillary, pulling away in delegates while Trump looks like he's stabilizing.

I'm glad that Hillary and Trump's lackluster nights in the past week have come on nights with low TV viewership. Tuesday night is a nice TV night for catching attention.

Kusagari

Trump fucked up so bad with the KKK shit.

For all the dog whistling that appeals to the base, the diet racists among them do not want to actually feel like they're supporting "real" racists. The second you throw out the whistles and full on embrace David Duke those diet racists are running for the hills.

I'd be curious to hear why democrats think race relations have worsened. I can understand that republicans think it's worse because they think discussing or acknowledging race is the same as racism. But I don't know why dems would feel this way.

Increased racial tension over multiple shootings of innocent black men? You could argue the sentiments aren't new - white people glorifying police and assuming black people are guilty is nothing new - but with so many recent cases over the last couple years it's hard to ignore or hide now.

I think a large part is also the general lack of comfort many white people have with any discussion of race issues. The minute race is brought up many white people become defensive. So it makes sense that three years of racial stories on the news have white people feeling defensive, guilty, angry, etc.

Increased racial tension over multiple shootings of innocent black men? You could argue the sentiments aren't new - white people glorifying police and assuming black people are guilty is nothing new - but with so many recent cases over the last couple years it's hard to ignore or hide now.

I think a large part is also the general lack of comfort many white people have with any discussion of race issues. The minute race is brought up many white people become defensive. So it makes sense that three years of racial stories on the news have white people feeling defensive, guilty, angry, etc.

I guess there's the perception that these things are happening more often, but I think the increased coverage, attention and concern being put toward this issue is a good sign. Race relations are at their worst when nothing is discussed and inequality is treated as the status quo. It's good that there's a groundswell of people who don't approve of the status quo and are demanding that it be addressed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump fucked up so bad with the KKK shit.

For all the dog whistling that appeals to the base, the diet racists among them do not want to actually feel like they're supporting "real" racists. The second you throw out the whistles and full on embrace David Duke those diet racists are running for the hills.
I don't think so. This is the guy who says Mexico is sending us rapists.

Trump continues to pull a third of the electorate. That's always been his "ceiling." I think what is hurting him with everyone else is the fraud stuff from Rubio and Cruz, which is true and is legitimately damaging. IMO.

Go play infamous second son and chill

I love that game. I was in love with Deslin. Like...he could hit it hard.

I took a nap earlier today and had a dream that involved Hillary We were in a mall shooting a commercial. She went to sit down between two people on a bench, and did a backflip for some reason. Then she started running around the mall screaming Bernie wouldn't pull out.

And I don't know what any of this means....

Tarkus

I love that game. I was in love with Deslin. Like...he could hit it hard.

I took a nap earlier today and it involved Hillary We were in a mall shooting a commercial. She went to sit down between two people on a bench, and did a backflip for some reason. Then she started running around the mall screaming Bernie wouldn't pull out.

And I don't know what any of this means....
I bought that game for $10 and never played it. Do you play the SoulsBorne games?

I'd be committed if I described half of my dreams.

I bought that game for $10 and never played it. Do you play the SoulsBorne games?

I'd be committed if I described half of my dreams.

I um....I don't like difficult games. I get too pissed. I've broken discs and controllers before. Anything I play, I typically play on easy. It's why I only play Splatoon and COD online. I can git good enouf on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom