• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mississippi - time of decision Last few days:
Cruz 42% Trump 32% Kasich 18% Rubio 6%

Even in the deep south Rubio is falling behind Kasich.

Per Andrea Mitchell Bernie is going to file a lawsuit with the Ohio Secretary of State to challenge the fact that 17 year olds can't vote in the primary.

The primary is in 7 days.

Kentucky Democrats go 3-1 tonight. House majority is now 53-47! +1 over the previous tally.

Major congrats/props to Greg Stumbo and Alison Grimes.

I found the Trump/Cruz compromise candidate at the brokered convention

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/scott-walker-david-duke-1992-debate

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...KK-Grand-Dragon-David-Duke-s-extremism-Video#

Mississippi - time of decision Last few days:
Cruz 42% Trump 32% Kasich 18% Rubio 6%

Even in the deep south Rubio is falling behind Kasich.

Rubio is going to have basically no delegates by the time of the convention, how is this brokered convention supposed to work if only two people have delegates?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I love that Kasich is now skyrocketing on Predictit. More or less went exactly as predicted in my post picking him for our contest. He gets to be the establishment choice just by virtue of being the last establishment choice left alive.

Only thing I missed was the tiny detail that it happened a few months later than I expected, and now requires a contested convention that would absolutely destroy the party.

Rubenov

Given what I'm hearing I'm ready to make a projection!

Trump to be the GOP nominee during a convention deal, taking Kasich as his VP.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Given what I'm hearing I'm ready to make a projection!

Trump to be the GOP nominee during a convention deal, taking Kasich as his VP.

LOL no. No way the GOP makes a deal and ends up picking Trump.

Rubenov

I found the Trump/Cruz compromise candidate at the brokered convention

I thought about the, but I really doubt the establishment will put their 2 out hated guys together. They're priming Kasich now, likely to finish second in MI and likely to win Ohio.

Then convention time Trump has the most delegates, and he's negotiated with to take Kasich as VP (something he said he's open to)

gaugebozo

There was a report that Wayne County (Detroit) is low which would hurt her. Wouldn't stun me if the various university districts have high turnout for Sanders. Still I'd expect Clinton to win given how far ahead she's been for so long.
My 70 year old mother is an election volunteer at a Wayne county polling station. At her tiny polling station, turnout was huge. However, it's the only point in Wayne county likely to vote opposite Detroit.

Cheebo

Banned
LOL no. No way the GOP makes a deal and ends up picking Trump.
Absolutely. Trump needs an outright majority to be nominee. The party would rather deal with the backlash of taking it away from him than destroying "the party brand".

If he goes into the convention short of a majority he won't come out of the convention the nominee.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What if Kasich has just enough delegates to put Trump at a majority? There's nothing the establishment could do to prevent a deal, right?

They still would have to get Kasich's delegates to go for Trump, which I am positive the RNC would intervene.

Excuse me, but Trump wrote "The Art of the Deal", okay? You don't think he can make a deal with the GOP?

He's gonna make deals so good, you won't even believe it. The current guys, they are making terrible, just awful--some people say some of the worst in history, I don't know if I agree--but just really bad deals. His deals are gonna be just great.

Sianos

didn't kasich say something to the effect of "if i leave the race, then trump will win the nomination unopposed" when questioned about why he was still running? it's such a specific statement to recall, i'm pretty sure it was something he said even if i'm having source amnesia as to when it was from

and it would run contrary to his fake image as "the nice one" as well

i don't think a trump/kasich ticket is coming, but then again christie turned heel so...?

Makai

I believe Trump would negotiate himself to the top of the ticket because the media would be on his side if the GOP wanted to steal it from him.

Kasich was the first to call Trump a fascist, but Kasich seems to have backed off attacking Trump, either to help his polls or to gain favor with Trump that Kasich can use to boost his political career.

Makai

i don't think a trump/kasich ticket is coming, but then again christie turned heel so...?
Oh, I am confident it's happening. He's the best choice for Trump. Kasich went from calling Trump Hitler to explaining his newfound respect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom