• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Trump would negotiate himself to the top of the ticket because the media would be on his side if the GOP wanted to steal it from him.

Seriously though, if we have a brokered convention, why would Kasich or Rubio be able to negotiate for a nomination? Both have never negotiated, Rubio is crashing and burning so I don't know why they would choose him, and Kasich hasn't even won a state. Cruz doesn't negotiate period, so I can't imagine the GOP working out a deal with him. Plus they hate him. The only one they could cut a deal with at the convention is Trump. Trump would give them some concessions. They get nothing with the others.

It just seems like such a risky move on Kasich's part. It's so unlikely that Trump wins the general election and beyond that he has to hope the Trump faction is a strong part of the GOP after this election or else the party won't forgive him.

thefro

Clinton wins Miss. "significantly", Miss "too early to call" between Trump & Cruz (Trump leading). Kasich/Rubio trail "far behind".

Makai

Drumpf would give them some concessions.
Yep. These kinds of concessions:

blyPF.gif
2ueoaba.gif~original

Kasich has managed to avoid being attacked and instead has let everyone tear Rubio apart.

Reminds me of when I was in high school. My friends circle was all about shit talking. All we ever talked about was how much each other sucked, how hard we'd fucked each other's moms and dads and shit. But there was this one dude that no one ever shit talked, and we could never really figure out why. He wasn't a big dude, nor was he a little guy you'd feel bad for making fun of. All we could come up with was that it didn't quite make sense to trash talk this dude.

Kasich reminds me of him.

Kusagari

Rubio needs to drop out now and try to salvage what's left of his career. There is no going back after he's embarrassed in Florida.

sangreal

If Trump gets above 50% does he get all delegates?

No, only at the congressional district level

The first of those subtle alterations has to do with the thresholds to qualify for delegates. Statewide, a candidate must reach 15 percent of the vote to receive any of the at-large and automatic delegates. A new wrinkle for 2016 is that the party has inserted a lower threshold of 10% as a fall-back option should no candidate surpass 15 percent of the vote. This is not an uncommon response on the state party level given how large the field of Republican candidates was when rules were being finalized in the late summer/early fall of 2015. But as a field winnows, the necessity of that fall-back, lower threshold decreases.

There is no winner-take-all trigger in Mississippi for a candidate who wins a majority of the statewide vote in the primary. However, there also is no prohibition on a backdoor winner-take-all scenario. If only one candidate receives more than 15% of the vote, then that candidate would claim all 28 at-large and automatic delegates. The usual winnowing caveats apply. As the field shrinks, so too do the odds that only one candidate will receive more than 15% of the vote.

At the congressional district level, there just one threshold; a winner-take-all trigger. Should a candidate receive more than 50% of the vote in any of Mississippi's four congressional district, then that candidate is entitled to all three of the delegates from that district.
http://frontloading.blogspot.com/2016/03/2016-republican-delegate-allocation_8.html

Look at the remaining candidates for the GOP:

Trump: Obviously eager to murder Muslims in the most heinous ways possible.
Cruz: Same as Trump.
Rubio: Has W's exact foreign policy team.
Kasich: Called for large scale ground invasions of Libya, Iraq, and Syria.

If you don't have an active, burning hatred for Muslims, it's basically impossible to be represented by the GOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom