• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Kasich has jumped out to a tiny early lead in Michigan, but it’s almost all from Oakland County, the wealthiest and best-educated area of the state. That’s fairly good news for Donald Trump, who ought to perform better vis-a-vis Kasich in the rest of the state.

KING

Makes sense. I'm imagine Trump will dominate in Livingston County and various other white areas with rural/less educated voters.

Because it assures he wins FL and I don't think Cruz has a chance in the north at all. And I think Trump beats Kasich along the eastern seaboard + California.

Rubio's not winning any of that either at this point. It's better for him to draw that 8-10% away from Kasich or Cruz in WTA states.

PBY

Banned
CLARE MALONE 8:25 PM
Marco Rubio is holding a rally right now in Florida — that’s notable, since it’s not a victory speech. It’s a shirt-sleeves-rolled-up, roaming-the-stage piece of imagery that the campaign is projecting out to the world, and I think could indicate that they’re worried about how he’s going to do tonight.

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News national poll that came out today put Rubio in last place among Republicans, behind Kasich. It’s interesting to reflect on that, as we await the Ides of March reckoning that is due next week in Ohio and Florida: Rubio has had the sheen of establishment savior on him for the last couple of months, since it became increasingly clear that Jeb Bush was not going to be the “it” boy of 2016. But Rubio was never truly establishment in his politics — he came up in the tea party wave. At one point, the Washington barometer read guys like Rubio as radical. John Kasich, who people have joked looks like a Democrat in the current field of GOP-ers, is the only one left who looks like what we used to think an establishment Republican looks like, right down to button-downs paired with zip-up fleeces and khakis. It’s an interesting shift that voters seem to be throwing that traditionalism some bones as we head into March and as Trump continues to look strong.

East Lake

Not that I put much stock into the narrative but it's great Rubio's collapse happened to coincide with his stand-up comedy routine.

PBY

Banned
TRUMP

RISING

A number of networks have called Mississippi for Trump. I have no reason to doubt he’ll win, but only a tiny fraction of the vote in two counties is currently being reported. I’d like to have just a little more of the vote to be sure. Meanwhile in Michigan, Trump is rolling through like Desmond Howard during one of his returns for the Wolverines back in the day. He’s winning in every part of the state while Kasich and Cruz slug it out for second place.

HARRYYYY ENTENNNNN

Trump could really clean up in delegates in MS with these margins and Kasich/Rubio under the thresholds. He gets extra delegates for any congressional district he crosses 50% in so that's something to watch.

Kusagari

MS is a wash. I always expected Trump to still dominate states like that. But Trump seemingly winning Michigan big seems to suggest the drop was reported too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom