• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super happy for Bernie :) Overall I don't think it really changes his odds, but there's something to be said for winning a state that places like 538 predicted with 99% certainty that Clinton would win!

benjipwns

Banned
Bernie's map looks similar to both of Snyder's:
429px-Michigan_Gubernatorial_Election_2010.svg.png
440px-Michigan_Governor_Election_Results_by_County%2C_2014.svg.png

Well done Bernie. It looks like the net gain will be +22 delegates for Hillary.

I think the polling might be off for a couple of reasons, although why it's this far off I have no idea. Perhaps since there hasn't been a competitive Democratic primary in Michigan since 1992? In the long run, this might help. Hillary's people were trying to beat the drum hard that they never thought it would be a double digit lead. I guess their internals were showing something different. With the public polls being so slanted, Hill supporters may have been turned off from going to the polls. Bernie's people, it seems, didn't have that problem.

The Idaho winner gets all of Idaho's 32 delegates if Rubio falls below 20% so this could end up still being a good night for Cruz.

It'd be split between Cruz and Trump.
Otherwise, if at least 1 candidate receives 20% or more of the statewide vote, the National Conventions delegates are allocated proportionally to those candidates receiving 20% or more of the statewide vote. [Idaho Republican Party State Rules. Idaho Rules for Selection of Delegates to the National Convention and State Convention. Article VI. Section 3.(b)]

America is too stupid to deserve a president as smart as Hillary Clinton.

This drives me up a wall. We've got one of the most qualified candidates ever and we're messing about with a guy who can't answer a single question without tying it back to one issue?

It's mind boggling. The more I have to hear about Bernie the more I hate him.

VRMN

Honestly, as I've said, this is Sanders problem and it's that he's making the same mistake Clinton made in 2008. This is not about winning states, it's about margins and delegates. Winning states by 1-2 points does not make up for 20+ point blowouts elsewhere.

This keeps the race alive because #narrative, but he needs to actually be racking up margins. Split decisions only cement Clinton's existing lead. He needs to turn this momentum, which he will get because due to the optics of winning by any margin, into actual margins come next week if he wants any chance at all. Overcoming 200 delegate leads under the Democratic system is fucking hard.

Diablos

I can't believe how wrong the pollsters got it. Wasn't even close. This leads me to believe the generational split between the two candidates is very real and therefore Hillary's polling may at times be greatly oversampled because it's becoming increasingly hard to track the voting preferences of the youth vote.

I am also now quite worried about the rust belt and how it will favor Hillary in a GE. Do not underestimate Trump. This guy seems to be on the brink of spawning a new generation of "Reagan Democrats" or should I say Trump Democrats. That's all everyone was talking about.

I would not be surprised if Bernie wins Ohio and Missouri. Also possibly PA, but we're so late it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom