• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
I've heard that, statistically, gay men like giving more than receiving.

In case guys didn't already know which team's more fun to bat for.

Makes sense. Personally it's giving to guy > giving to woman > receiving.

EDIT: And of course that ends up at the top of the page.

Hasnt added in the new poll yet and only has one recent one.

Also it's the polls-plus model, which I consider garbage*. Polls-only has Trump ahead.

*OK, that's a little bit of a harsh assessment. I don't think it was poorly designed per se, but it was based on assumptions that, while reasonable based on the information available when designing the model, seem to be false. But for the purposes of making predictions that makes it garbage.

I've heard that, statistically, gay men like giving more than receiving.

In case guys didn't already know which team's more fun to bat for.

I mean, this probably isn't the place to get into my sexual psychology, but ya...I'm definitely in the giving camp. I don't top, and oral I can take or leave. If the person I'm with is really into it, then I'm 100% fine with it.

Holmes

I like giving oral just fine. But...I'm ambivalent about getting it.
tumblr_mzpzapSSyu1qzwh14o3_250.gif

So, fivethirtyeight updated their Margins Bernie Needs to Beat chart. It doesn't look good for Bern, I'm afraid. They're saying the really needed to go +19/+32/+0 in Iowa/NH/Nevada. Instead he went +0/+22/-5. So they're basically saying he's been performing worse than he needed to in order to be on track for a win.

Of course, he could make it up in other states, but with each passing day, the margins he needs to overperform by are growing. 538 thinks he'd need to take Oklahoma and Tennessee, for example. By +4 and +2. Instead he's at -2 and -25, respectively. Super Tuesday could be roof stoof for Bernie.

Mr. Cruz has made the case that only he is capable of beating Mr. Trump, citing his victory in Iowa.

At his own rally, though, there was at least one skeptical voice.

“Nationalism is the new thing, man,” said Jordan Voor, 30, a Trump supporter who works nearby and wore a longhorn belt buckle the size of a miniature football.

“I just kind of want to watch the establishment burn,” Mr. Voor added. “What’s the point of being conservative anymore? It’s a failing ideology.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/us/politics/ted-cruz-texas.html?referer=&_r=0

NeoXChaos

So, fivethirtyeight updated their Margins Bernie Needs to Beat chart. It doesn't look good for Bern, I'm afraid. They're saying the really needed to go +19/+32/+0 in Iowa/NH/Nevada. Instead he went +0/+22/-5. So they're basically saying he's been performing worse than he needed to in order to be on track for a win.

Of course, he could make it up in other states, but with each passing day, the margins he needs to overperform by are growing. 538 thinks he'd need to take Oklahoma and Tennessee, for example. By +4 and +2. Instead he's at -2 and -25, respectively. Super Tuesday could be roof stoof for Bernie.

what state you vote in?

Something something Ohio State. Something something Cleveland. Something something McDonalds. Something something Hillary Clinton.

It's now a safe space for you :) )

Hey, I wasn't judging.. I just found it highly entertaining that Trump's sexual proclivities led to this page. I think that it should be framed and hung up in the Hall of Fame for NeoGAF.

But also to help contribute. Oral is truly overrated.

I mean, this community seems to be where all of the gays who can't stand LettersGAF go. Sometimes we get side-tracked by Martin O'Malley's abs or something.

Don't we all in different ways.. Guy is in pretty good shape.

HylianTom

Banned
Well.. We have gone on some interesting segues in here..
Yeah.. sorry about that. I blame Buzzfeed. This year is going to be diiiiirty. With Trump in the race, all sorts of boundaries are going to be just plain flattened.

And the comedy portion of my brain imagines Bill on the trail accidentally saying into a hot mic, "no oral sex? What a freak!"
and then Hillary's margins improve among young male voters.

PBY

Banned
Yeah.. sorry about that. I blame Buzzfeed. This year is going to be diiiiirty. With Trump in the race, all sorts of boundaries are going to be just plain flattened.

And the comedy portion of my brain imagines Bill on the trail accidentally saying into a hot mic, "no oral sex? What a freak!"

You realize Trump accused Jeb of threatening to moon a crowd on national tv and no one cared?

THIS HAPPENED AND NO ONE BLINKED

Can someone provide a concise explanation of why that Fed proposal by Sanders is such a shitburger? I'm trying to do so, but everything I keep typing is overly complicated.

Like, is it basically just the fact that he proposes throwing people with no actual expertise relevant to running a central bank, onto a central bank, for the sake of giving people warm fuzzies about him being For The Masses?

Also, speaking of Ohio State and also Cleveland, are there enough of us OT-wide to justify a Not-Southwest-Ohio-GAF?

So, all of the modern Republican Party comes down to whether or not Marco Rubio, who was just fucked up and clowned by Chris fucking Christie, can crush Trump tonight.

No it's fine. I actually found it entertaining seriously. I just wasn't expecting it all.

But we can blame buzzfeed for everything if we want to.

Also, speaking of Ohio State and also Cleveland, are there enough of us OT-wide to justify a Not-Southwest-Ohio-GAF?

All regions matter Huckster.. Even the shitty ones.. (Especially where I lived a large portion of my life :( )

Can someone provide a concise explanation of why that Fed proposal by Sanders is such a shitburger? I'm trying to do so, but everything I keep typing is overly complicated.

Like, is it basically just the fact that he proposes throwing people with no actual expertise relevant to running a central bank, onto a central bank, for the sake of giving people warm fuzzies about him being For The Masses?

You mean Paul's audit the fed bill? Basically its silly because the Fed already provides audited financials. Paul's bill is an excuse to give Congress more control over the Federal Reserve. Historically that's been bad because it politicians pressure banks to keep rates too low for too long. The problems that both Argentina and Brazil are currently going through are partially because of this.

You mean Paul's audit the fed bill? Basically its silly because the Fed already provides audited financials. Paul's bill is an excuse to give Congress more control over the Federal Reserve. Historically that's been bad because it politicians pressure banks to keep rates too low for too long. The problems that both Argentina and Brazil are currently going through are partially because of this.

If that's the same bill that this quote references, then yes:

Barnie Sandlers said:
If I were elected president, the foxes would no longer guard the henhouse. To ensure the safety and soundness of our banking system, we need to fundamentally restructure the Fed’s governance system to eliminate conflicts of interest. Board members should be nominated by the president and chosen by the Senate. Banking industry executives must no longer be allowed to serve on the Fed’s boards and to handpick its members and staff. Board positions should instead include representatives from all walks of life — including labor, consumers, homeowners, urban residents, farmers and small businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom