• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely a lose-lose situation but at least going independent would let them either preserve or recreate the type of party they want to be.

It wouldn't preserve anything. It'd create even more division. Though it won't happen, they will chicken out and no one of note is going to want to be a sacrificial lamb candidate.

Start?

It's already in progress.
It's not a war yet, not compared to what would happen with a 3rd party run.

CCS

Banned
Today in shocking news, encouraging an atmosphere of anger, hatred of the establishment, and a belief that victory is inevitable leads to angry, anti-establishment voters who believe their candidate cannot possibly lose.

Guys someone hold me. Please. I can't breathe. I need water or something. Halp

ZVZS9aj.gif

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 4m4 minutes ago
scoop: Christie is on the phone right now w/ NJ GOP county chairs and power brokers, urging them to back Trump, per people on call
Robert Costa ‏@costareports 4m4 minutes ago
Christie is telling NJ insiders that Trump is the "presumptive nominee" & that he expects other Govs, GOP leaders to reveal endmsts soon...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's definitely a lose-lose situation but at least going independent would let them either preserve or recreate the type of party they want to be.

It won't, though. There is a huge base that wants the Trump-type party. We might seriously be watching the end of the GOP as we know it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It won't, though. There is a huge base that wants the Trump-type party. We might seriously be watching the end of the GOP as we know it.

Might? At the rate we're going, no matter what happens the party will undergo a massive change in the coming years.

gcubed

this reminds me of the best Trump line from the debate last night.

When questioned on how he can make up a 10 trillion dollar shortfall from his tax proposals his answer was (this was after they pointed out that what he said was under 100B): Waste! There is so much waste, fraud and abuse, we are going to clean that shit up!

He's probably right. The writing is on the wall and Christie won't be the last person to see it.

Christie had no future in the party anyway. Its not like he's losing anything

"we're going to have a great country again, it's gonna happen, we're gonna win a whole lot"

Trump says this literally every other second. Repetition really makes people believe this nonsense, huh. He has absolutely no substance.

"Hope and Change" "Hope and Change"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Honestly any functioning adult would see these three clowns and vote for kasich. Holy shit this country has lost it.

NeoXChaos

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 8m8 minutes ago
scoop: Christie is on the phone right now w/ NJ GOP county chairs and power brokers, urging them to back Trump, per people on call

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 8m8 minutes ago
Christie is telling NJ insiders that Trump is the "presumptive nominee" & that he expects other Govs, GOP leaders to reveal endmsts soon...

Bowdz

This rally was unbelievable.

Please America, don't elect that utter fool, he sounds more and more dangerous by the minute.

He needs to get the nomination nod first and then the destruction of Trump will begin in earnest. His base will never leave him, but you are already seeing cracks in the GOP establishment wall saying they'd take Hillary over Trump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I now want Bush to endorse Trump. We're almost there.

Huckabee needs to get on the Trump express and get to work.

Could you even imagine what a Jeb endorsement of Trump would look like? Jeb standing there all awkward as he endorses Trump, who then pushes him out of the way and starts to shittalk him right there on stage.

Honestly any functioning adult would see these three clowns and vote for kasich. Holy shit this country has lost it.

Yeah.. as shit as he is.. (I know Manky, I know). At least the man seems semi-sane in some ways.

Promises promises. I could get into that. I'm free now....��

I'm sorry friend. At least you have your cats.

Edit- Oh good, I am glad it's okay. I thought you meant you broke up with your friend.

I'm sensing more panic today than on the SC or NV election nights. Friend who worked for Jeb said the feel about last night was that Rubio did what he had to do and the endorsements were coming. Well the endorsements are still coming but Christie has people panicking due to the validation he gave Trump, and the potential for more from desperate officials.

Trump and Christie are destroying Rubio on some personal levels, this is insane. And given that Trump is probably going to sweep the south he could bury Rubio. I'm guessing the endorsements will come immediately after Super Tuesday. McCain, W, HW, etc.

Guevara

We're in this weird place where 20% of the GOP can see that Trump has it in the bag, how long and how painful it will be to convince the other 80%.

Whoops, meant to post this in the OT. I'm just a lurker here, awkward.

NeoXChaos

I'm sensing more panic today than on the SC or NV election nights. Friend who worked for Jeb said the feel about last night was that Rubio did what he had to do and the endorsements were coming. Well the endorsements are still coming but Christie has people panicking due to the validation he gave Trump, and the potential for more from desperate officials.

Trump and Christie are destroying Rubio on some personal levels, this is insane. And given that Trump is probably going to sweep the south he could bury Rubio. I'm guessing the endorsements will come immediately after Super Tuesday. McCain, W, HW, etc.

and if Trump still gets the nomination after all that then what?

Haha I could continue with the innuendo, but I'd rather get back to fantasizing about Christie destroying Rubio :p
How's that not innuendo? 😝 My berniebro was texting me through this whole thing in total shock. I mean my god. What have we done?

Endorsements for Kasich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom