• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm sensing more panic today than on the SC or NV election nights. Friend who worked for Jeb said the feel about last night was that Rubio did what he had to do and the endorsements were coming. Well the endorsements are still coming but Christie has people panicking due to the validation he gave Trump, and the potential for more from desperate officials.

Trump and Christie are destroying Rubio on some personal levels, this is insane. And given that Trump is probably going to sweep the south he could bury Rubio. I'm guessing the endorsements will come immediately after Super Tuesday. McCain, W, HW, etc.

They'd have to, Rubio wouldn't be able to survive a loss in Florida. If he's going to be the guy he'll need a win.

Ekai

Honestly any functioning adult would see these three clowns and vote for kasich. Holy shit this country has lost it.

I've made this point before but Kaisch is hardly a worthwhile candidate. If anything he's more dangerous than the others because he pretends to be moderate while being vehemently against lgbt rights , women and racial minorities.

"Hope and Change" "Hope and Change"

At least Obama extrapolated on his positions and isn't detestable.

CCS

Banned
How's that not innuendo? 😝 My berniebro was texting me through this whole thing in total shock. I mean my god. What have we done?

I'm not very good at this... we have cleared the way for our Queen to ascend. No one can stop her now.

Mac_Lane

He needs to get the nomination nod first and then the destruction of Trump will begin in earnest. His base will never leave him, but you are already seeing cracks in the GOP establishment wall saying they'd take Hillary over Trump.

God, I certainly hope so. With some luck, it will allow a more sane GOP to emerge after this complete mess of a primary.

gcubed

and if Trump still gets the nomination after all that then what?

Mr T said it best -

7Z5MciL.png

I'm not very good at this... we have cleared the way for our Queen to ascend. No one can stop her now.
Werk.. Yaassssss. Turn it out.

Omg Hillary will rekt him in a debate. Imagine his response the day after she eats his soul on national television. Oh my god. I'm like....this is better than sex.

CCS

Banned

Omg Hillary will rekt him in a debate. Imagine his response the day after she eats his soul on national television. Oh my god. I'm like....this is better than sex.

Just so long as they don't send Castro against Christie. That would kill my boner so fast watching him be destroyed.

Makai

There is no correlation between debate performance and polling changes. The people watching have already made up their minds.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Please conservatives, run an independent spoiler candidate. For the good of the nation.

Why is Rubio guaranteeing he's going to win Florida? Reporter just asked him and he straight-faced said "We're going to win Florida".

Also, the anti-Hillary trump press conferences are gonna be something fiercely sexist. I can't see him attacking her the same way he's done Carson/Cruz/Rubio without going full sexist.

Gruco

Banned
In all seriousness, this does feel like a turning point in the campaign. Seems like any pretense is gone. It's all out war now. Nothing held back.

"The party of Raegan. The conservative movement." Voters realize the conservative movement hasn't done shit for them, they don't care about ideology, they care about themselves.

Why is Rubio guaranteeing he's going to win Florida? Reporter just asked him and he straight-faced said "We're going to win Florida".

Also, the anti-Hillary trump press conferences are gonna be something fiercely sexist. I can't see him attacking her the same way he's done Carson/Cruz/Rubio without going full sexist.

Rubio has his fingers in his ears(probably 4 in each ear they are so big) and isn't listening to the polls showing him behind in Florida.

and if Trump still gets the nomination after all that then what?
Honestly I don't know. That Politico story about a GOP third party run is interesting but would certainly cause many to blame the inevitable loss on the RNC instead of Trump. It seems to me that it makes more sense to let Trump fail while consolidating resources down the ticket. Another republican presidential loss would be devastating but if I was a republican I'd rather lose the WH again than the senate or house.

The only options are terrible. If they go all in with embracing Trump they run the risk of being tied to his bigotry for years to come. It seems inevitable that he's going to say ignorant or bigoted things between now and October, so how can they embrace him?

Then again whether they embrace him or not...if he's the nominee he's the nominee. Trump will forever be tied to the GOP. For the first time in awhile I think a party split could happen. If you're Jennifer Rubin or David Frum or McCain or even Hugh Hewitt...what do you do between April and November if Trump is the nominee?

User 406

Banned
Yeah.. as shit as he is.. (I know Manky, I know). At least the man seems semi-sane in some ways.

You've been too long out of Ohio! Kasich's hypno powers are working on you!

Kasich is an asshole Republican, but he sounds like every other asshole Republican I've heard since I was a kid. Trump, Cruz, etc. are different.

No, it's Kasich that is different. Trump, Cruz, and Rubio are asshole Republicans, and it shows. They have no problems showing just how heartless they are. Kasich has a talent for hiding his heartlessness and making people think he's a moderate, when he's just as vile if not more so in his policies than the rest of the field. He doesn't have Reagan's charisma, but he's damn sure got Reagan's talent for making people think he's a nice guy.

If you could have followed his governorship here in Ohio, you'd see just how determined and skilled he is at undercutting the social safety net and the rights of minorities and women. Even when he has a setback he'll turn around and pretend it was all due to his kindness and generosity while he quietly finds some other route towards fucking over whoever he was trying to fuck over.

Seriously, don't fall for it. He's top tier awful.

I've made this point before but Kaisch is hardly a worthwhile candidate. If anything he's more dangerous than the others because he pretends to be moderate while being vehemently against lgbt rights , women and racial minorities.

This guy gets it.

Rubio has his fingers in his ears(probably 4 in each ear they are so big) and isn't listening to the polls showing him behind in Florida.

Why would he acknowledge those polls? It won't matter if guaranteeing the state would be more damaging when losing it is already a death blow.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

RNC probably told him they'll rig it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom