• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the thread move so fast because of Christie's endorsement?

I didn't think there was anything that could make Trump worse. And then he gets the endorsement of this shit.

PBY

Banned
Completely unsurprising, but Rubio done goofed, and consequences will never be the same. Last night he should have taken the high road while Trump and Cruz wallowed in the mud, but instead he's right there with them. Now Trump is unlocked to say absolutely anything about Rubio and if anyone complains they'll just be reminded of Rubio suggesting Trump pissed himself at the debate. This is amateur hour stuff here, folks.

Yeah... actually not sure what Marco was doing there?

Like... he was doing damage w/ the Trump U stuff

Completely unsurprising, but Rubio done goofed, and consequences will never be the same. Last night he should have taken the high road while Trump and Cruz wallowed in the mud, but instead he's right there with them. Now Trump is unlocked to say absolutely anything about Rubio and if anyone complains they'll just be reminded of Rubio suggesting Trump pissed himself at the debate. This is amateur hour stuff here, folks.

Rubio had no choice, he had to shake things up because he was on the ropes. You can't play defensively when time is running out and you are losing badly. If Trump's polling holds up Super Tuesday is going to be a massacre, he needed to go for a knockout blow.

So if Trump is the nominee...imagine how much time he'll spend attacking various noteworthy republicans who refuse to support him. It's going to be a 24/7 disaster.

Facebook telling me Bernie trumped Chris Matthews in their interview.

Wat?

How... how do you turn that around?

Alot of Bernie supporters love to ignore the facts. Thing is they'd rather blow you up on facebook, reddit, twitter, etc instead of actually going to vote.

So if Trump is the nominee...imagine how much time he'll spend attacking various noteworthy republicans who refuse to support him. It's going to be a 24/7 disaster.
Reince will probably be the first on the chopping block. He will go down in history forever as the chairman that destroyed GOP.

LOL

Krowley

For Tomorrow, my bold prediction:

Clinton 56 - Sanders 44

Clinton voters will be complacent because she seems to have it in the bag, and many are generally unenthusiastic about their candidate anyway.

Sanders voters will be desperate and bitter and angry about the way the last week has gone.

NeoXChaos

CcLE9rDWIAEyRsI.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/27/u...lights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

I don't see complacency in the Clinton campaign's approach to SC.
And the idea that they're unenthusiastic about her is basically a weird myth that's developed, despite polling and articles talking to SC voters.

The early ballot casting numbers seemed pretty impressive and with constituencies that have favoured her. Possibly because her big bad SuperPAC alongside the League of Conservation Voters and EMILY's List have been spending and organizing to drive early turnout in Southern states with minorities.

NeoXChaos

Yeah I'm changing my prediction if its as high as 70%.

Hillary 68
Sanders 31

So far, 71 percent of early voters in the state are black, according to the state election commission. The electorate in the most recent Democratic South Carolina primary, in 2014, was 67 percent black. These sorts of numbers would make it far harder for Mr. Sanders to hold down Mrs. Clinton’s margin.

Krowley

I don't see complacency in the Clinton campaign's approach to SC.
And the idea that they're unenthusiastic about her is basically a weird myth that's developed, despite polling and articles talking to SC voters.

The early ballot casting numbers seemed pretty impressive and with constituencies that have favoured her. Possibly because her big bad SuperPAC alongside the League of Conservation Voters and EMILY's List have been spending and organizing to drive early turnout in Southern states with minorities.

Well, I'm not gonna deny it's wishful thinking, but I'll stick with my prediction anyway.

I think Bernie needs to keep her below 20 or the media is going to utterly destroy his campaign before Super Tuesday even gets here. He needs to come out of SC with something hopeful to talk about.

Basically we have to hope that Clinton is over-polling, and I think there's a real possibility that she is. She certainly did in NH.

As for the early vote numbers, I suppose the only hope is that a decent portion of those early voters, including the African Americans, are Sanders supporters. He did have a pretty decent ground effort in SC about a week ago, and some were saying it was better than Clinton's. Early voting may have been a focus. Not sure if his ground game still exists anymore since he seems to have abandoned the state.

So who's the next gov to endorse Trump? Former AZ gov Jan Brewer? Rick Scott?
He's saving Rick Scott.

I love these guys arguing on the networks. "He's not a true conservative. He's trying to con the conservative movement." Look, last night summed it up. We had three guys arguing over healthcare. Trump said "he will not let people die in the streets." Marco and Cruz are busy arguing over ideology, rather than working for the people. The GOP brass was that body dying in the street.

"Mitch McConnell looks like a turtle and is slow to act while he let Obama ruin this country. Idiot."

It will be entertaining to say the least.

Had an injury and a lot of stuff happening so I wasn't able to post on Poligaf. Goddamn a lot has happened though!

You okay?

So who's the next gov to endorse Trump? Former AZ gov Jan Brewer? Rick Scott?

Scott

Well, I'm not gonna deny it's wishful thinking, but I'll stick with my prediction anyway.

I think Bernie needs to keep her below 20 or the media is going to utterly destroy his campaign before Super Tuesday even gets here. He needs to come out of SC with something hopeful to talk about.

One of the great things about Hillary's coalition (AAs and older voters) is these people vote, come hell or waters high. If we can go by the early returns on absentee ballots, she's definitely hitting her targets.

I think the most telling thing is Bernie's real pull out of SC and everywhere else. If he was worrying about the narrative, he'd have been staying there through the thick and thin. I think his campaign has decided they have to get some wins somewhere, even if they can't make up the delegates. Otherwise, the cash is going to stop hard and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom