• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think his Super Pac is sort of doing that targeting the D.C. media market in Virginia, Virginia Beach/Norfolk area, along with Richmond. In Georgia they're going after Atlanta and in Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. Remember Rubio does well in big cities.

Seems so.

He's going to need more than just ads though, what you're describing will take boots on the ground to make sure voters turn out. I don't think throwing ads at the problem will be enough.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thefro

AFAIK:

1. Massive turnout from Indiana's cities.
2. Obama bothered to put money and infrastructure in and contest the state.
3. Bleed over favorite son effect. Supposedly Indiana shares media markets with a lot of Illinois so any positive local press and enthusiasm bled over.

As mentioned, Obama invested heavily in Indiana and with the timing of the primary schedule in 2008, there were basically six weeks where Clinton & Obama were doing nothing but campaigning in PA, IN, and NC. There was actually enough lead time for them to register a shitload of voters in the state before the primary deadline. All that organization paid off in the fall.

I think people liked that a presidential candidate actually paid attention to the state as well, which is a once in a generation thing. You had the opportunity to see Obama speak if you lived here. I got to see President Clinton & President Obama both talk in 2008 within a half hour of my house. Was really cool.

Brinbe

Christie is a real piece of shit. How can anyone trust a word coming out of his mouth? He's clearly only out to save himself. Disgraceful.

fantomena

Not sure if old, but Robert Reich former secretary of labor endorsed Bernie, but he will help Hillary if she becomes the nom.

From FB:

I endorse Bernie Sanders for President of the United States. He’s leading a movement to reclaim America for the many, not the few. And such a political mobilization – a “political revolution,” as he puts it -- is the only means by which we can get the nation back from the moneyed interests that now control so much of our economy and democracy.

This extraordinary concentration of income, wealth, and political power at the very top imperils all else – our economy, our democracy, the revival of the American middle class, the prospects for the poor and for people of color, the necessity of slowing and reversing climate change, and a sensible foreign policy not influenced by the “military-industrial complex,” as President Dwight Eisenhower once called it. It is the fundamental prerequisite: We have little hope of achieving positive change on any front unless the American people are once again in control.

I have the deepest respect and admiration for Hillary Clinton, and if she wins the Democratic primary I’ll work my heart out to help her become president. But I believe Bernie Sanders is the agent of change this nation so desperately needs.

NeoXChaos

David Plouffe
‏@davidplouffe David Plouffe Retweeted John Heilemann
He could lose in a landslide or win narrowly. Most volatility since 1980.

Matthew Kagan ‏@mkindc 6m6 minutes ago
@davidplouffe @maggieNYT "Landslide" is relative. 0% chance of 40-50 state blowout for anyone. Best HRC outcome is Obama 2008 + 4 states.

hmm

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
He's going to need more than just ads though, what you're describing will take boots on the ground to make sure voters turn out. I don't think throwing ads at the problem will be enough.
You're most certainly right, but it's a start.
Rubio is very lucky these states are not like SC's delegate allocation. He would be screwed if that was the case.
Rubio better get 20% in Alabama or Trump gets all the statewide. His weighted polling average is 20.9%. Same problem in Texas where he weighted polling is 17.8%. Trump and Cruz would take the 47 delegates leaving him just Congressional districts.

A guy that makes a base $175,000 salary and is living paycheck to paycheck. Yup, that's the kind of organized person I want to be my president!

Yeah, admittedly, he did have to help his brother-in-law get a real estate license, and he might still be paying off student loans. But this does look like poor money management, especially when you see him walking around in those sweet boots.

DAMN MARCO! BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THE CUBAN HEELS!

"There is no way we're going to allow the party of Reagan or the conservative movement to be taken over by a con man," said Rubio, one out of four con men currently running for the GOP nomination.

Say what you want about the Zodiac Killer, but at least he seems to be upfront about his lunacy.

PBY

Banned
Yo I think Christie might actually move the needle on this

I may have underestimated how much this helps Trump, wasn't just a news cycle bump.

Brinbe

This shit is getting super personal, damn. These next few weeks are gonna be brutal. Trump's still winning, but we gotta hope that Rubio/Cruz don't go down without putting up a good fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom