• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find it, but I read an article some time in the last year that real delved into the Republican Party before the Southern Strategy made it what it is now. From my recollection the party was basically split between liberals in the north and the more conservative branch like Barry Goldwater. Like others have said the Civil Rights act unified the party and established a platform they all follow.

I think the party has started to unhinge around the coalition made around the Civil Rights Act. My own personal experience with that is a woman in her twenties I met threw Occupy that is a gay libertarian Democrat. Social issues is that's really hurting them with younger people and it's not simply just younger people automatically skewing Democrat. I think it's a bit overstated:
Generations1.jpg

Huh, a 30 year old is a genxer?

edit---oh, in 2012. Must read column headers. Still younger then I thought for that boundary though

PBY

Banned
Is Trump actually saying that the wall will keep out illegal immigrants bringing over Carrier air conditioners?

East Lake

Is Trump actually saying that the wall will keep out illegal immigrants bringing over Carrier air conditioners?
It's a running joke he has going. Another variant is that Ford is probably going to have illegals driving its trucks over the border.

PBY

Banned
Trump's speech is hilarious, damn entertaining.

He's in cruise control, he's nailed his greatest hits at this point perfectly. He just cruises from one talking point to another, and peppers in these moments where the crowd slowly starts to get whipped into a frenzy.

"President Rubio...?" "Nasty Ted...?"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is Hillary slipping into a southern accent? haha

she should ditch that ASAP. Not a good look.

She can't help it. It's actually slightly better than in 2008. I mean, she did live in Arkansas for a while. When I'm round southerners, I use southern idioms that I don't normally use. For example, I have a "warshing" machine. And I'm often "fixin" to do something.

HylianTom

Banned
She can't help it. It's actually slightly better than in 2008. I mean, she did live in Arkansas for a while. When I'm round southerners, I use southern idioms that I don't normally use. For example, I have a "warshing" machine. And I'm often "fixin" to do something.
I had largely neutralized my New Orleans accent by the middle of high school, but when I get excited or talk to older relatives, it still comes out.

(Same with husband and his Mississippi accent.)

==

Wondering if Huckabee will announce anything soon..

sangreal

Dumbass journalist predicts that Hillary (the American political feminist right now) will pick Kasich (one of the most anti-feminist politicians in America) because fuck.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/24/my-dream-ticket-hillary-kasich-2016.html

Bro, come on...

It makes perfect sense. Kasich got women out of the kitchen and to the polls. Do you know how hard it is for a woman to put on shoes...especially when she's pregnant!?

Clinton/Kasich 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom