• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Rubio attacking Trump from the right on issues no one fucking cares about lololololol.

The GOP is so clueless. They have no idea how to hurt Trump. Jeb! had at least one decent idea with the old lady story. But that's it. There's so much dirt on Trump out there. Shit, when he thought about running for NY Gov he backed out because of the dirt that was gonna come out, but the GOP can't muster the same shit?

Attacking him for bankruptcies is stupid. Who cares? Is he bankrupt or worth billions? No one expects any businessman to be right 100% of the time in his business decisions. Not even his supporters. And his rebuttal is perfect (he used the laws in the country to his advantage) and makes him seem smarter than them.

And worst of all attacking him on ideology is so fucking stupid. His voters don't care if he's not "conservative enough." His supporters believe conservatives have been losers, losing to Obama time and again. They want someone to bring them prosperity, to make them feel like winners.

There was only one way to take down Trump and it was from the left. From the very beginning, they all should have been calling him a racist, sexist, bigot. No pussyfooting. The way to stop his supporters is to shame them. This happened in the past with Duke and Buchanon. If you shame them, they'll abandon.

Racists hate being told they are racists. And they don't want to be told they're being used.

But it's too late now. The genie is out of the bottle and the GOP party is completely clueless.

but this should be no shock. They reacted to Obama in 2008 completely wrong and it cost them 2012. Do note I refer to the national party, not state and localized ones. They really have no idea what they're doing at all. They don't understand the pulse of the country or their own party!

Other things:

lol @ the polling for Rubio. Rubio may get as little as 5 delegates in Texas and none in Florida. Go home Rubio.

Sandoval pulling out is hilarious. Basically he's saying to his party he refuses to work with Obama, meanwhile Obama has already gotten it out there that he was looking at a Republican. holy shit the GOP is fucking clueless!
Bingo. By not immediately condemning shit like "Mexicans are criminals and rapists" & "I'll ban all muslims from entering the US", they legitimized Trump's rhetoric.

They're not wrong about the method to best attack Trump but it's too late and neither Rubio or Cruz have the skills or gravitas to take him down.

Criticizing Trump's policies (particularly in a GOP primary) is pointless when his whole candidacy is driven by his cult of personality. The trick is to mock him, ridicule him, humiliate him, make him look like a loser. The only effective takedown of Trump remains Obama's at the Correspondence Dinner for this reason.

I don't think Hillary can personally pull it off either, but she can absolutely get under his skin if she plays things right. But Obama and Bill certainly can and it will be beautiful.

lollolol

How should Cruz and Rubio go after Trump? They must depict Trump as a game-show host out of his depth. They must laugh at his kindergarten-level grasp of national-security policy. They should bait him into putting forth an opinion on Obamacare and then mock him for having held the opposite view that morning on Morning Joe. They should pound him on his four bankruptcies, ridicule his failed Trump University scam that stole tens of thousands of dollars from average Americans, call him on his support for Planned Parenthood, knock him for his bullying, vulgar self-righteousness, laugh at him for not knowing what the nuclear triad is, and guffaw at his inept attempt to revitalize Atlantic City. And when Trump loses his cool, they should do it again and again. And again. Cruz and Rubio must mock Trump until the audience views him as the deranged half-wit that he is.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431893/cruz-rubio-trump-debate

The only smart idea here is the college scam. But it's too late to bring it up and it's not a game changer. Plus it's more for ad material than debate.

This was exactly the point of my post. They don't get it. Attacking him from the right is useless. You have to attack him for being a shitbag.

Houston (CNN)Marco Rubio's campaign is preparing for a contested Republican Convention as one option to take the GOP nomination away from Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, his campaign manager told top donors at a closed-door meeting in Manhattan Wednesday night.

As Rubio scrambles for support ahead of Super Tuesday, Terry Sullivan, Rubio's top adviser, used a Power Point presentation and took questions from attendees to lay out the two courses that Rubio's quest for the GOP nomination could take in the coming months, two people present told CNN, speaking anonymously to share details from a private meeting.

The first showed the number of states and delegates Rubio would need to clinch the nomination outright before July's convention. The second was the scenario in which none of the candidates gain the simple majority delegates needed to clinch the nomination before the convention, unleashing a messy and potentially unpredictable battle where multiple candidates are vying for the title.

It's over.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/politics/rubio-republican-convention/index.html

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow. They aren't even hiding it any more. These people are scared to death of an outsider who doesn't go exactly with their beliefs.

Also, LOL at them already talking contested convention.

At that point you're talking Trump third party run and a firestorm of anti-Rubio commercials. Trump won't want to be president at that point--he'll merely want to destroy Rubio.

Cerium

tumblr_n89cgpx60D1rrkahjo1_400.gif

Wow. They aren't even hiding it any more. These people are scared to death of an outsider who doesn't go exactly with their beliefs.

At that point you're talking Trump third party run and a firestorm of anti-Rubio commercials. Trump won't want to be president at that point--he'll merely want to destroy Rubio.

Wouldn't a third party run be impossible that late?

I think Nils nailed it. They really thought Trump would fade after the early states, instead he's storming through the south like Sherman and its full on panic. Tonight could be glorious.

The dream is over...

It might go beyond that. It shows what the Democrats and other left wing organizations have been saying for years about Dog Whistling and everything were truly racist and this is their actions coming home to roost.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It might go beyond that. It shows what the Democrats and other left wing organizations have been saying for years about Dog Whistling and everything were truly racist and this is their actions coming home to roost.

If Trump gets the nomination it will damage the party for a generation, especially if he pulls the sexist shit against Hillary we know he will pull. He's not only dead on arrival at the general, but he's a ticking time bomb for the GOP that could nuke the entire party.

Scott Walker would have been the nominee if he had literally any political intelligence:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...KK-Grand-Dragon-David-Duke-s-extremism-Video#

Instead, his campaign was out of money in six weeks.

This primary season has surprised me in many ways, but Scott Walker flaming out early was not one of those ways. When he was being treated as the frontrunner all I could think about was how much better a candidate he was on paper than in reality.

Bronx-Man

Banned
They're not wrong about the method to best attack Trump but it's too late and neither Rubio or Cruz have the skills or gravitas to take him down.

Criticizing Trump's policies (particularly in a GOP primary) is pointless when his whole candidacy is driven by his cult of personality. The trick is to mock him, ridicule him, humiliate him, make him look like a loser. The only effective takedown of Trump remains Obama's at the Correspondence Dinner for this reason.

I don't think Hillary can personally pull it off either, but she can absolutely get under his skin if she plays things right. But Obama and Bill certainly can and it will be beautiful.

EXTERIOR
It's the big FINAL BATTLE for the SOUL OF AMERICA. BILL, HILLARY, BERNIE, & BARACK are all holding hands while HILLARY prepares to unleash the full power of the INFINITY STONE. TRUMP is astounded at how they are all still alive.

TRUMP: This isn't possible! The American Dream is dead! Why won't you die?!

HILLARY: Because. You're a fucking loser.

The INFINITY STONE zaps TRUMP with some lazer-beam bullshit. TRUMP's body vaporates. Everyone celebrates with a fiesta.

A brokered convention in which Trump, leading in delegates, loses the nomination is the greatest gift to the democrats ever.

The Dems will win the House, Senate (maybe even 60!), and Presidency and it would be a much further left Congress than the 2008-10 one.

If the GOP is truly that stupid, they deserve all they receive.

I have the strangest boner reading through this thread.

You still a Rubio supporter, btw?

Cerium

Another former President of Mexico speaks out.

"I’m not going to pay for that fucking wall! He should pay for it. He’s got the money," Fox said.

"Are you afraid that he’s going to be the next President of the United States?" Ramos asked. "What would that mean for Mexico?”

"No no no, democracy can not take that, crazy people that don't know what is going on in the world today. This worries me, the last caucus in Nevada... he won 44 percent of Hispanics."

"I’d like to know who those Hispanics are, because they are followers of a false prophet," Fox said. "He’s going to take them to the desert, and if they think that they will benefit with an administration led by Donald Trump, they’re wrong. They must open their eyes. Please, you Hispanics in the U.S., open your eyes."

"It is not to defend our race, it is not to defend our creed, but to defend the same nation that is hosting you. This nation is going to fail if it goes into the hands of a crazy guy."

"What is Trump?" Fox asked. "He’s not a Republican. Absolutely not. Those are not the Republican principles. He is not a Democrat. He is just himself. He is egocentric."

Trump responds on Twitter.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

FMR PRES of Mexico, Vicente Fox horribly used the F word when discussing the wall. He must apologize! If I did that there would be a uproar!

If Trump gets the nomination it will damage the party for a generation, especially if he pulls the sexist shit against Hillary we know he will pull. He's not only dead on arrival at the general, but he's a ticking time bomb for the GOP that could nuke the entire party.
I agree.. It's amazing, yet frightening in a way should the party evaporate completely. I can't imagine what will happen after that.

Kyosaiga

Banned

I just want to watch the town hall debate. Yeah, the one-on-one is gonna be a shitstomp, but Trump can't bullshit his way out of the town hall debate against Hilldawg and GE voters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This feels almost too good to be true. Like there's something on other side of all this that none of us are expecting.

I don't really think it's going to happen, I wish it would, but more likely than not we'll just continue on this trajectory for a few more cycles until the GOP's elderly base dies out and they can safely reorient the party.

I just want to watch the town hall debate. Yeah, the one-on-one is gonna be a shitstomp, but Trump can't bullshit his way out of the town hall debate against Hilldawg and GE voters.

She'll shitstomp him in the normal debates and the town hall, but he'll look worse in the town hall.

Teggy

Facebook feed is blowing up with the BLM activist crashing Hil's private party.

BLM probably should have taken a different route, but Hil probably could have handled it better as well. Too bad, its a bad look.

Eh. It's not even on my trending stories. You know what are the top 3 trending stories on my Facebook feed though? David Duke endorsing Trump, Chomsky criticizing Trump, and Trump supporters against the emancipation proclamation.

The Right really doesn't get rhat their bull shit has given us Trump. They thought they were playing eleventh dimensional chess, when they were actually playing with a baboon who just wants to filling shit and scream real loud. Please proceed

Kyosaiga

Banned
The Right really doesn't get rhat their bull shit has given us Trump. They thought they were playing eleventh dimensional chess, when they were actually playing with a baboon who just wants to filling shit and scream real loud. Please proceed

And this all happened primarily because of their bases reaction to a black man being President.

It's so delicious

I agree.. It's amazing, yet frightening in a way should the party evaporate completely. I can't imagine what will happen after that.

In the event that the Republican Party dissolves, I would expect a short period of time (maybe about one presidential cycle's worth) of smaller parties duking it out before settling back into a two party system, though perhaps one where the dividing line between the two major parties is somewhat different from the current Republican/Democratic divide.

That having been said, I don't see that as particularly likely any time soon. The Rubio campaign hoping for a brokered convention strikes me as wishful thinking. I imagine Trump will be the nominee and the party will largely treat it the way the Democrats did the George McGovern nomination in 1972.

Hazmat

Dear America,

Aren't the Democrats meant to be the data based realists? Why is Sanders still a thing?

Kind regards,
An Australian

Democrats aren't really data-based. We're definitely prone to idealism and flights of fancy. And Sanders is doing so well because he's the only competitor. If there were a handful of strong candidates opposing Clinton he would have been the Kucinich of this primary.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Cerium

Thanks to this thread, I am now on PredictIt.
Welcome. Buy low and sell high and you'll do just fine.

Just remember that for every success story there's always some sucker out there who did it wrong.

I post tips in this thread whenever I see a good buy opportunity. People don't usually listen to me but c'est la vie.

You're welcome.

Don't know what the country would do without you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom