• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubio's attacks on Trump are going to fall just as flat as those who attempted it before him.

He comes across like a school boy with rehersed attack lines.

I think he is doing it better than anybody before him. He is getting down to Trump's level to attack him, others tried to do it while being presidential and it didn't work.

Crocodile

And normally someone would counter that argument by supporting him.

But Cruz has no support among his colleagues

This was the clincher. It's one thing when your adversary says bad things about you, its another thing when EVERYBODY ELSE corroborates those accusations through their actions or inactions.

Rubenov

I think he is doing it better than anybody before him. He is getting down to Trump's level to attack him, others tried to do it while being presidential and it didn't work.

Yep. I'm not a fan of the man but I give him credit for this. Unfortunately his whole platform is like Cruz', but without the 'nasty' + 'lying' + puncheable face bits.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder if I should put some money on Rubio for the nomination. I still feel like that's what is going to happen.

I thought the attacks on trump were effective. The best we've seen so far in fact.

Unfortunately Trump is WAY too good at media manipulation. 48 hours later the headlines weren't about the debate, but Christie endorsing Trump.

The debate zingers were moderately effective. I'm talking about the one's that he's been using today. It just reeks of desperation. There's no good way to get into the mud, but you have to do it in a way that doesn't make it look like you're fighting for the last scrap at the bottom of the trough. He's not doing that. Today, he's insulted his hair, his face, and his spray tan. In less than 60 seconds. After yesterday, it's just not going to work. Trump owns the media cycle, and now Little Rubio is just trying to be like Daddy Trump.

Armaros

I thought the attacks on trump were effective. The best we've seen so far in fact.

Unfortunately Trump is WAY too good at media manipulation. 48 hours later the headlines weren't about the debate, but Christie endorsing Trump.

Rubio has no followup, he blows his best stuff during the debates and now comes off as desperate in the media followup.

Trump brushes the attacks off as nothing and has a plan in place to take back the media spotlight.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28913-1399568345-42.gif

It's like boom. BOOM.
I put it in the hoop like slam. SLAM.
I heard the crowd screaming out jam. JAM.
I swear that I'm telling you the facts
Cuz that's how I beat Shaq

: drops mic :

Salvadora

Who is it appealing to?

He's an establishment Republican funded by the people behind Jeb! and his attacks come across as if they have been fed to him by the same people - but with a strangely personal bent.

Him literally going "your face tho" doesnt convince Trump supporters of anything - or saying he pissed his pants.

Bowdz

Looks like the anti-Latino rhetoric might hurt Trump in Texas, though not enough to lose the state.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=5d56f70b-d2d2-4f08-935b-d812fdc2b5d7

I know head to heads mean jack shit at this point and Texas will go red in November, but HOLY SHIT that is waaay closer than it should be. 3 points is in "let's dump money there to make a play for it" territory. For one moment, just let me bask in my delusion of Texas turning blue this cycle all because of Trump's initial statement about immigrants.

Y2Kev

Who is it appealing to?

He's an establishment Republican funded by the people behind Jeb! and his attacks come across as if they have been fed to him by the same people - but with a strangely personal bent.

Him literally going "your face tho" does convince Trump supporters of anything - or saying he pissed his pants.

I think Trump supporters actually respond to "ur face tho." I think "he should have invested in an index fund!" means nothing to them. "He pees himself" IS the type of thing they listen to.

I think that if Trump performs to his polling numbers on Tuesday, this could be over. Momentum will carry him as his base solidifies further. But Rubio has had a history now of outperforming his polls, except for in NH where he obviously bombed.

One thing that's interesting about this poll is that bipartisanship is important to these people.

It's a generic question that is almost always going to get a positive response to.

I think Trump supporters actually respond to "ur face tho." I think "he should have invested in an index fund!" means nothing to them. "He pees himself" IS the type of thing they listen to.
There's no point in appealing to Trump supporters, they're loyal and locked in. It's the rest of the field he needs to draw from.

Who is it appealing to?

Him literally going "your face tho" does convince Trump supporters of anything - or saying he pissed his pants.

He is not appealing to Trump voters. He is trying to appeal to the remaining 50-55%, positioning himself as the anti-trump and appealing to those who otherwise may not vote in the primary. He is making sure Ted Cruz is left no breathing space.

https://www.google.com/trends/explo...Trump&geo=US&date=now 1-d&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+5

Oh my god, Cruz is literally saying Trump is going to be charged with tax fraud. And then he immediately said he's not saying that. He's just asking the question.

He's a god damn caricature of a slimy politician.

OT but Aaron Carter was Bieber before Bieber right? or was that his brother and/or Justin Timberlake?
Yeah Aaron was the OG biebs for sure. He was always on his own where his brother was always part of the backstreet boys and Justin didn't go off on his own till he was much older

Y2Kev

Oh my god, Cruz is literally saying Trump is going to be charged with tax fraud. And then he immediately said he's not saying that. He's just asking the question.

He's a god damn caricature of a slimy politician.

Just like hillary being indicted nnn

Just like hillary being indicted nnn

I mean...I'm not saying she's going to be indited, but she totally is being investigated by the FBI, CIA, NAACP and PFLAG. I heard from a guy who knows a guy who talked to a woman who once sent Hillary an email that she totally told him where all the bodies were buried. So...you know. I'm not saying anything...I'm just asking questions.

12 year old me had three copies of this CD.

And a poster.

Don't judge me.

Diablos

I wonder if I should put some money on Rubio for the nomination. I still feel like that's what is going to happen.
If I said that they'd say diablosing.

I dunno man. It just seems like too little too late for water boy. But on the other hand the way everything is shaping up for our queen seems too good to be true.

CCS

Banned
I mean...I'm not saying she's going to be indited, but she totally is being investigated by the FBI, CIA, NAACP and PFLAG. I heard from a guy who knows a guy who talked to a woman who once sent Hillary an email that she totally told him where all the bodies were buried. So...you know. I'm not saying anything...I'm just asking questions.

And a poster.

Don't judge me.

I'm going to judge you so hard :p

Kangi

Voted!

Small neighborhood polling place with three staff members, but my mother and I were #196 and #197 there, according to the signature sheet. They still had Martin O'Malley on the ballot. Oh, and Willie Wilson was on there, too.

And a poster.

Don't judge me.

I was never into the cycle of stock blond boys singing pure cheese. Boys on tv, though? Was into all of them as a kid. All of them.

NeoXChaos

Voted!

Small neighborhood polling place with three staff members, but my mother and I were #196 and #197 there, according to the signature sheet. They still had Martin O'Malley on the ballot. Oh, and Willie Wilson was on there, too.

I was never into the cycle of stock blond boys singing pure cheese. Boys on tv, though? Was into all of them as a kid. All of them.

Let me guess? Jonathan Taylor Thomas from Home Improvement AKA Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom