• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If I said that they'd say diablosing.

I dunno man. It just seems like too little too late for water boy. But on the other hand the way everything is shaping up for our queen seems too good to be true.

I'm trying to make some money, darling!

Not for the reasons Rubio would want!

Cruz's are great too. All related to the Zodiac Killer haha.

UNuU5vX.png

watershed

Banned
I can't believe Nate Silver is running with this "media is unfair to Rubio" narrative on Twitter.

This is new to me. How have the media been unfair to Rubio according to this narrative? They've been keeping him afloat since Iowa and have basically done his work for him. What's changed?

Grief.exe

I think he is doing it better than anybody before him. He is getting down to Trump's level to attack him, others tried to do it while being presidential and it didn't work.

Save that shit for the general, this is the GOP primary.

Strap in, go as far right as possible, and appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Build a wall around Mexico? Why not?
Carpet bomb the entire Middle East? Let's do it.
Prevent one of the largest religions in the world from entering the country. Sure.
Cut Tax revenue from the rich by $11 trillion. Go big or go home.

Yo wtf is happening. Rubio and Cruz unhinged today. Like... Total madness what the hell.
Desperation. Their actual campaigns know that everything is on the line Tuesday and that these fantasy scenarios of how they could still win even if Trump cleans house on March 1st are not realistic.

I'm going to judge you so hard :p

Be gentle. It's my first time.

Voted!

Small neighborhood polling place with three staff members, but my mother and I were #196 and #197 there, according to the signature sheet. They still had Martin O'Malley on the ballot. Oh, and Willie Wilson was on there, too.

I was never into the cycle of stock blond boys singing pure cheese. Boys on tv, though? Was into all of them as a kid. All of them.

Awesome. Glad to see you voted. :)

If a person qualifies for the ballot, they usually don't reprint them. So, O'Malley will get a few votes if someone doesn't pay attention or wants to make a point or two.

I was always into older guys growing up. Steve from Three Little Girls (aka Full House), Jason from Power Rangers, and a lot of people that were way too old for me to be into lol.

PBY

Banned
Desperation. Their actual campaigns know that everything is on the line Tuesday and that these fantasy scenarios of how they could still win even if Trump cleans house on March 1st are not realistic.
I get that.

The tone is all over the place tho? Like... This is a crazy shift, way beyond the attacks at the debate. Like... This is Trump tier stuff

B-dubs you going to the NYC meet up? We can have a beer to celebrate the Queen's victory.

Btw just mailed my Florida ballot in. +1 Hillary

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't texas be blue if the demographics turned out and voted the same way as the rest of the country?

I guess it isn't out of the question that someone like trump could snap those demographics closer in line with the rest of the country

Rubenov

You really don't think there would be a selling opportunity on Tuesday when he outperforms?

Have you seen the polls though? Virginia, Oklahoma, all these states Rubio was supposed to do good in aren't even close. Prediction markets don't have him winning anything.

And in the deep south of Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, etc... it will be a bloodbath on the Cuban boy by the KKK endorsee.

Cerium

You really don't think there would be a selling opportunity on Tuesday when he outperforms?

He can outperform all he likes, but he won't win a state, and that will basically seal the nomination for Trump.

You should really get into stock trading, that's how it started for me, using Intrade all those years ago.
I'm seriously thinking about it. This is a good warm up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Have you seen the polls though? Virginia, Oklahoma, all these states Rubio was supposed to do good in aren't even close. Prediction markets don't have him winning anything.

And in the deep south of Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, etc... it will be a bloodbath on the Cuban boy by the KKK endorsee.

I'm saying he could do better than current polls. As far as I know, there hasn't been a ton of recent ST polling.

Rubenov

If he loses FL on March 15th.

You can bank on that one.

RCP Average 1/17 - 2/25 -- -- 40.3 20.8 15.8 8.5 5.3 5.0 Trump +19.5
Quinnipiac 2/21 - 2/24 705 LV 3.7 44 28 12 -- 4 7 Trump +16
PPP (D) 2/24 - 2/25 464 LV 4.6 45 25 10 -- 5 8 Trump +20
CBS News/YouGov 1/18 - 1/21 988 LV 4.6 41 18 22 4 5 2 Trump +19
Florida Times-Union 1/17 - 1/17 838 LV 3.3 31 12 19 13 7 3 Trump +12

I'm saying he could do better than current polls. As far as I know, there hasn't been a ton of recent ST polling.

i think so too. but i wonder what arbitrary number (either rubio total % or % difference btwn trump) the media will rely upon to give rubio some breathing room, or if they're just gonna shamelessly regurgitate whatever the rubio press shops tells them. im going with latter...

Brinbe

Going on with this con artist shit, Rubio can't convince people or change minds on Trump without insulting them as idiots in the process.

The only people he's reaching with that aren't voting for Trump in the first place.

And he's wasting his breath saying anything on Bernie at all right now.

i think so too. but i wonder what arbitrary number the media will rely upon to give rubio some breathing room, or if they're just gonna shamelessly regurgitate whatever the rubio press shops tells them. im going with latter...
Latter.

The pissfight brings in the ratings. Blitzer didn't stop them from quarreling on stage for a reason.

Kangi

Dylan's into Smash.

I know. But I was never into Dylan. For some reason.

I was always into older guys growing up. Steve from Three Little Girls (aka Full House), Jason from Power Rangers, and a lot of people that were way too old for me to be into lol.

Not me. Have always been attracted exclusively to guys my age. Even in kindergarten.

Which is probably why Mook does nothing for me.

There have to be a few old people they can find at a Sander's rally to put on stage behind him, right? I'm not throwing shade here. I'm asking why aren't his prep people going out there and pulling some older, non-white people on stage behind him. It's just silly that they've not gotten any better at this.

Rubenov

None of this reflects Rubio's swing into the, uh, crass, or the effects of two more weeks of this shit.

2.5 weeks is a long time in politics.

Right... when all those "Trump wins X State" start coming out on Tuesday, and Rubio gets ZERO states, not even a master spinner will be able to spin that. It would only snowball going into March 15.

Also, Trump has maintained huge leads in Florida for months through all kinds of scandals and attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom