• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXIT POLLS SOON GET HYPE

HOLD ME!

YASSSSSSSSS

COME THROUGH QUEEN.

99a7dcace5f76413ef39e5b18b63334f.gif

Bowdz

I wish ABC news would have a weekly segment called Kristol's Korner where they just point out how every single prediction Bill Kristol makes is wrong. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

See, I agree.

Trump is nothing more than a cult of personality. You can't attack him on the issues because he has none. His supporters want him, not his policies. Rubio's just flailing like a child hoping something sticks.

Prelim exit polls

Today’s primary is the first to test the Democratic candidates’ popularity among a large number of black voters: Preliminary exit poll results indicate that blacks account for six in 10 South Carolina Democratic primary voters today, possibly on pace to break the state’s record, 55 percent in 2008 – more than in any other state that year. Blacks this year made up 13 percent of voters in Nevada, where Clinton won them by an overwhelming 76-22 percent; 2 percent in New Hampshire; and 3 percent in Iowa.

Many more voters here are moderates, nearly four in 10, compared with 26 to 28 percent in Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada; and far fewer are liberals, about half, compared with seven in 10 in the previous states. That said, the share of liberals in South Carolina is on pace to set a new high in the state in what’s been a record year for ideological polarization.

Everything You Need to Know About the South Carolina Democratic Primary
Why Hillary Clinton Has the Upper Hand on Super Tuesday and Beyond

Seven in 10 in these preliminary results want the next president to continue Barack Obama’s policies, a new high this year and a strong group for Clinton in earlier states. Among blacks, support for continuing Obama’s policies reaches nearly nine in 10. Previous peak support for continuing Obama’s polices was 55 percent in Iowa and 50 percent in Nevada, vs. 40 percent in New Hampshire, where Sanders won on the basis of support from voters seeking a more liberal direction. In South Carolina today just two in 10 want policies more liberal than Obama’s. It was 42 percent in New Hampshire.

Clinton isn’t having as many problems on the honesty front as she’s seen elsewhere. More South Carolina voters think Clinton is honest than say so about Sanders – more than seven in 10 in her case vs. more than six in 10 in his. In New Hampshire, by contrast, twice as many saw Sanders as trustworthy than said so about Clinton.

In another resume-related question, more than eight in 10 South Carolina Democratic voters want the next president to be someone with experience in politics rather than someone from “outside the political establishment.” It was a 70-26 percent split on this question in New Hampshire, where “experience” voters divided 50-50, while “outsider” voters went for Sanders by a vast 88-8 percent.

Voters under 30, an overwhelmingly strong group for Sanders in earlier contests, account for slightly more than one in 10 South Carolina voters in preliminary exit poll results. That could end up as a new low this cycle; under-30s accounted for 18 or 19 percent in the three previous states, with more than eight in 10 voting for Sanders.

All points to a big win for Hillary.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live...-primary-exit-poll-analysis/story?id=37241467

Kyosaiga

Banned
See, I agree.

Trump is nothing more than a cult of personality. You can't attack him on the issues because he has none. His supporters want him, not his policies. Rubio's just flailing like a child hoping something sticks.

I wonder what Rubio does after he loses.

I mean, it's clear he hates his job in the Senate and he's clearly (regardless of his stances) nowhere close to being able to manage a minor executive department, let alone the fucking Presidency itself.

sangreal

Nate has been all-in since last year on the notion that Trump is only popular (among his voters) because he hasn't gotten scrutiny. Not surprising at all to see him complain that the media is being unfair to Rubio

sangreal

60% AA and 60% women are in line with what we expected, right? Without considering the 76% AA absentee ballot situation.

Ah I see, 55% AA was the previous record.

60% black voters would be record breaking in a barely contested primary. I think it would send a clear message

sangreal

Clinton isn’t having as many problems on the honesty front as she’s seen elsewhere. More South Carolina voters think Clinton is honest than say so about Sanders – more than seven in 10 in her case vs. more than six in 10 in his.

Jesus, there is nothing for Bernie in this poll

NeoXChaos

Brinbe

Gonna be a blowout as expected.

And Nate's become everything he hated back in 08 smh. Sad shit.

Forget Tuesday, this is over now.

Iolo

60% black voters would be record breaking in a barely contested primary. I think it would send a clear message

I hope they can firm up the confidence levels of those numbers a bit subsequently. I think they will be much more accurate than Nevada in the end, at least.

PBY

Banned
Don't even care about these SC results

Its over. Its been over, these just are going to confirm that.

I have no idea how to process the last 48 hours for the GOP though, not shook, just confused.

fantomena

I hope Hillary will be the last Clinton in the white house, just like Barbara thought the White House had enough Bushes.

I want some new fresh folks and Obama did thanksfully a lot to that.

sangreal

Don't even care about these SC results

Its over. Its been over, these just are going to confirm that.

I have no idea how to process the last 48 hours for the GOP though, not shook, just confused.

I would feel much more comfortable if florida gop primary was on super tuesday

Oh man, if these numbers are correct and not subject to wild changes....

I mean, these don't take into account the early voting things do they? Or did they do exit polls via phone? Probably in person, right?

OH GOD.

When are we chatting!? lol

NeoXChaos

Chuck Todd ‏@chucktodd 50m50 minutes ago
Both Trump and Clinton to be in FL for Super Tuesday when they give their election night speeches. Trump in Palm Beach and Clinton in Miami

interesting.

Oklahoma has enough minorities for Hillary to win as long as she runs even with whites. There are also a lot of moderates there too.

Bowdz

I hope Hillary will ber the last Clinton in the white house, just like Barbara thought the White House had enough Bushes.

I want some new fresh folks and Obama did thanksfully a lot to that.

Agreed.

I don't think Chelsea has any political appetite nor skill. Two Clintons are fine in my mind. Then President Booker or Harris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom