• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Something we don't see very often?

ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics)February 27, 2016
Preliminary exit poll results: More than 7 in 10#SCPrimaryvoters say Clinton is honest, versus 6 in 10 for Sandershttps://t.co/7scz7MNDFi

==

And for Trump to improve among white voters over Romney's performance, he'd have to improve among white women, who vote by a not-insignificant margin more than white men. For some reason, I'm skeptical that this happens against Hillary Clinton.

====

TIGHTER THAN A SNAKE IN A GARDEN HOSE BEING SQUEEZED BY KING KONG ON A UNICYCLE!
Great Carville impersonation!

Iolo

Someone mentioned that Sanders would lose by 20% in SC, to bash on him. It doesn't matter how much he would lose by because the state is going to go red, especially in this year.

Ok, I can't tell because the person in question was not quoted.

(Assuming you are talking about the general? Because if you're talking about now---it absolutely matters for the outcome of the primary race.)

Something we don't see very often?

ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics)February 27, 2016

==

And for Trump to improve among white voters over Romney's performance, he'd have to improve among white women, who vote by a not-insignificant margin more than white men. For some reason, I'm skeptical that this happens against Hillary Clinton.

====

Great Carville impersonation!

I think the honesty thing comes because she's a realist. Bernie is offering anything he can come up with as a way to win voters. If I asked him if I could have a unicorn, I think he'd say yes. Honesty and pragmatism go together, in my mind at least.

It absolutely matters how much he loses by

GE electoral college isn't divided up (well, besides NH I think?). Winner of the state will get 9 electoral votes.

EDIT: Im not trying to lower SC as a primary state. For the DEM party they matter greatly. That wasn't my intent, it was more a technicality for the GE is what I was talking about.

Slayven

I think the honesty thing comes because she's a realist. Bernie is offering anything he can come up with as a way to win voters. If I asked him if I could have a unicorn, I think he'd say yes. Honesty and pragmatism go together, in my mind at least.

He is wild and crazy until it comes to time to appeal to southern states, then he is a ghost.

PBY

Banned
Or guns. You have to be a realist on guns too. Because reasons.
I actually kind of think this primary has done a disservice to guns. Obama had that speech and I thought the issue was coming to a head- and I think I kinda have to blame Bernie here for pulling Hillary onto his issues somewhat, although maybe that's unfair.

I dunno that's a massive issue for me, and I feel like it's getting insufficient shine.

Tesseract

Banned
hillary

290px-Hillary_Rodham_Clinton_Signature.svg.png

donald

300px-Donald_Trump_Signature.svg.png

It's been weird, the last few days his crowds have either been gigantic or disappointing

I think considering his appeal it's fairly normal, although odd. We're moving into the parts of teh country that just aren't feeling the Bern. Getting 10,000 in Austin is easy. Getting 1000 in SC when people just aren't that into you is harder.

The only reason I mention it is how his campaign acted as though this metric is all that matters. I don't think it matters a lot, really.

sangreal

Someone mentioned that Sanders would lose by 20% in SC, to bash on him. It doesn't matter how much he would lose by because the state is going to go red, especially in this year.

That 20% was in reference to the primary, so are you suggesting that Democratic voters in the southern red states should be disenfranchised during the primary process?

GutsOfThor

I'll said it before, but Hillary is winning the GE in the biggest landslide since Reagan's inauguration. It's just lopsided as hell at this point.

Shit man....

I think if Trump wins the nom then the odds will definitely be in her favor but nothing is guaranteed and anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom