• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
From previous thread
Jack Remington said:
Fuck Schumer. Put someone like Gillibrand in that position.
First woman president, then first female speaker of the Senate that happens to be Clinton's protege New York senator? That idea is bitchin.

Tesseract

Banned
i'm starting to feel it in my bubble guts, punished trump is gonna win

he's gonna rekt the working class with the most masterful pivot to the center of all time

Snowden just sounds like he's aping Bernie's white male lens of seeing the country only from an economic perspective. And on top of that, I don't think there is a single issue where Bernie would be a more effective president than Hillary.

It's a pretty big stretch to say he's viewing the country ONLY from an economic lens, from that Tweet, so much as he's saying corporations' stranglehold on the political and economic systems is a huge elephant in the room on which Clinton does not look like she'll be very effective, given her historic comfort with schmoozing with them to curry donations. He's not remotely saying they're equally bad, but that both have some kind of glaring flaw.

Maledict

What a shame. They used to be such fun to watch, but now they're effectively just an outreach arm of the Sanders campaign. The comments on their education and college plans was so telling.

'I don't know what Hilary Clinton wants' - ignoring pages of detailed policy proposals in every area, unlike Bernie.

'Bernie might have a problem funding his plan' - *might*?

And top and tailing it with comments about her credibility, trustworthy ness and what she stands for.

Very sad.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sunday before ST.

We have to see new polls today, right?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Time to review WASHINGTON FREE BEACON headlines

MSNBC: The Reaction From Clinton Supporters On Social Media About Her Transcripts Is NSFW

State Department Turns Over 1,600 Newly-Discovered Clinton Documents to Benghazi Committee

Sanders and Clinton Supporters Are More Racist Than Kasich and Rubio Supporters: Poll

aTTckr

They seem to slowly come to grips with reality, but I really don't know any other word than delusional for Cenk's claim about a week ago that Sanders has a higher chance of winning the Democratic primary than Clinton. To make such a statement at that time you had be driven solely by wishful thinking rather than a objective, rational observation of the facts.

However, the whole of TYT somehow still believes that Sanders would be a better candidate in the general election, hence their inability to understand why minorities choose to go with the more realistic candidate. Frankly it's pretty embarrassing for them to base those opinions on those ridiculous polls 9 months away from the general and honestly they should know better since I didn't hear any panic about Cain beating Obama in the GE four years ago from them.

Oh, Reddit.

SC Youth, Bernie is the FDR/JFK of your generation. You have the most to lose. Why won't you get out and vote?

oNRH4tF.gif

CCS

Banned
Time to review WASHINGTON FREE BEACON headlines

MSNBC: The Reaction From Clinton Supporters On Social Media About Her Transcripts Is NSFW

State Department Turns Over 1,600 Newly-Discovered Clinton Documents to Benghazi Committee

Sanders and Clinton Supporters Are More Racist Than Kasich and Rubio Supporters: Poll

Are we sure this isn't a parody site? :p

Also, who came closest out of us to calling SC? I gave Clinton 40 points, but I'm sure someone went higher.

Diablos

I'm not really sure SuperPACs are high on the priorities of any voters they're going to be vying for.

If and when it's Clinton v. Trump, a diplomat and stateswoman, and the potential first female President vs. a candidate built on racism, sexism and bigotry, with no experience in government? I mean it may seem overconfident, but I just don't see there being a contest.

Yes, Hillary Clinton is polarizing. I'd fully acknowledge a lot of people may not like her. But when it comes down to who you're going to have running the world's largest economy, commanding the world's strongest military, holding the nuclear codes?

Who in their right mind would pick Donald Trump?
My concern is turnout. Not that primary turnout always determines how things will go in the GE but there is quite a gap between parties and the Republicans are just crushing it.

I also think despite how appalling it is that Trump is basically saying what he wants, how he wants... it's like a breath of fresh air for a lot of people. Especially people who do not "get" politics and are not happy with the way things are going.

I know Trump gloats a lot but he has been listing off lots of blue states and swing states as winnable for him. It would be interesting to see what his campaign may be seeing internally.

My concern is turnout. Not that primary turnout always determines how things will go in the GE but there is quite a gap between parties and the Republicans are just crushing it.

I also think despite how appalling it is that Trump is basically saying what he wants, how he wants... it's like a breath of fresh air for a lot of people. Especially people who do not "get" politics and are not happy with the way things are going.

I know Trump gloats a lot but he has been listing off lots of blue states and swing states as winnable for him. It would be interesting to see what his campaign may be seeing internally.

Democrats registered more new voters in Iowa than Republicans even with lower turnout.

Also, one of the worst arguments:

Low primary turnout means Clinton will be a bad GE candidate since she isn't exciting people. Well then, what about Bernie? Doesn't the same apply to him...

is it safe to call March 5th (Sat) a mini super tuesday?

Kansas
Louisiana
Nebraska
Maine (gop)

what are the chances she sweeps on saturday?

I assume Bernie feels they can fight in Kansas/Nebraska?

On Tuesday I believe Clinton takes all states except for Vt Tossup in Massachusetts
Sanders can't really compete after this

Cruz is only competitive in Texas but the result is too close to call Trump takes all other states and Rubio is treated in the press like the victor despite not winning anything

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...w&hootPostID=08012cf434a4e0af568ff7b4b7a16cc4

In Georgia, Trump gets support from 30 percent of likely Republican voters — followed by Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio tied at 23 percent each, and Ben Carson and John Kasich tied at 9 percent each.

In Tennessee, Trump leads Cruz by 18 points, 40 percent to 22 percent, while Rubio gets 19 percent, Carson 9 percent and Kasich at 6 percent.

But in Texas, Cruz is ahead at 39 percent - followed by Trump at 26 percent, Rubio at 16 percent, Carson at 8 percent and Kasich at 6 percent.

In the Democratic race, meanwhile, Clinton leads Sanders in Georgia by 34 points among likely Democratic primary voters, 64 percent to 30 percent.

In Tennessee, Clinton is ahead by 26 points, 60 percent to 34 percent.

And in Texas, she's up by 21 points, 59 percent to 38 percent.

Mix of dates, most before the debate.

NeoXChaos

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 3m3 minutes ago
New NBC/WSJ/Marist Super Tue polls of Dem race:

GA: Clinton 64%, Sanders 30%

TN: Clinton 60%, Sanders 34%

TX: Clinton 59%, Sanders 38%

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 3m3 minutes ago
New NBC/WSJ/Marist Super Tues polls:

GA: Trump 30, Cruz 23, Rubio 23

TN: Trump 40, Cruz 22, Rubio 19

TX: Cruz 39, Trump 26, Rubio 19

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 4m4 minutes ago
NBC/WSJ/Marist polls were conducted before Thu's GOP debate. But re-contact of GA/TN/TX voters day after found GOP horserace unchanged

YES

Cheebo

Banned
Rubio always seems to out perform his polling by 5% or so due to getting the late decides overwhelmingly, so take that into consideration for any numbers we see.

Lol. Trump just said on CNN that he had to do research before disavowing David Duke and the KKK from endorsing him.

Of course the host just dropped it

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yes but except for SC, he hasn't pulled from Trump. He usually pulls from JEB! or Cruz or the assorted loser co.

In Texas, as long as Cruz is kept below 50% that's fine.

Rubio must be so happy FL isnt a super tuesday state. Imagine Cruz winning his home state easy but Rubio couldnt in the same day, pretty much break his campaign.

luckily he has 2-3 more weeks to improve his FL polls

NeoXChaos

Rubio must be so happy FL isnt a super tuesday state. Imagine Cruz winning his home state easy but Rubio couldnt in the same day, pretty much break his campaign.

luckily he has 2-3 more weeks to improve his FL polls

the problem with that is people are already voting in FL. Kasich and Carson voters are lost votes as we speak.

Awww shhheeeeeeiiit..

I love it when he does this; you can hear Reince reaching into his desk for the whiskey bottle..

The most hilarious thing about that is that he's reminding them he's not a man of his word.

Like, that tweet would make rational sense if he said "remember, I never signed the pledge".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom