• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could honestly explain the low turnout right here

CcRQbf5XEAELXtn.jpg

The same can't be said for the Republicans.

This. I don't think that people aren't turning out because Hillary is a forgone conclusion, they're not turning out because whoever wins, they win. Most democrats think both candidates are actually pretty great.

This will not be a problem in the general.

Teggy

Actually want a Cruz Texas win.ideally he gets less than 50, Trump is high 20/low 30s, Rubio gets 19.

I agree, keep the Republicans fighting each other. If it comes down to the convention it will be an incredible mess for them.

I absolutely think Trump is xenophobic, but I have to say I think his courting of racists is largely political calculus. Refusing to denounce David Duke is almost comically out of touch unless he either agrees with the Klan (which I doubt, given he's a New York businessman and has a history of social liberalism on some issues) or just cynically thinks it's acceptable to make use of racists for his own ends.

Rubenov

If Rubio gets less than 20% in Texas it's over for him on Tuesday. He won't get any delegates from the most delegate-rich state that day, then math takes care of the rest.

If Rubio gets less than 20% in Texas it's over for him on Tuesday. He won't get any delegates from the most delegate-rich state that day, then math takes care of the rest.

If that happens we would probably see Cruz hold a delegate lead on him after Tuesday. Hell if Kasich wins Ohio and Rubio loses Florida, Kasich could end up nearly tied in delegates with Rubio.

I absolutely think Trump is xenophobic, but I have to say I think his courting of racists is largely political calculus. Refusing to denounce David Duke is almost comically out of touch unless he either agrees with the Klan (which I doubt, given he's a New York businessman and has a history of social liberalism on some issues) or just cynically thinks it's acceptable to make use of racists for his own ends.

Trump's dad might have been a member of the Klan:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...rump-denies-report-of-fathers-arrest-in-1927/

Owzers

Christie's entire interview with George Stephanopolus has been him having to answer old video clips over disagreements with Trump ( muslim ban, social security, mexico paying for the wall). It's kind of ridiculous, Christie keeps giving the same answer, i ran against the guy, of course i disagree with him on some issues and I'll continue talking to Trump about it, etc etc. The discussion is entirely anti-trump especially after the Cruz interview basically being a summary of all the potential bombshells that could come from a Trump tax returns release.

gcubed

So, throw the Presidency away by splitting the vote just to try to keep the Senate?

They will surrender the Supreme Court as well.

It's thrown away anyway with a Trump nomination, so why not.

I still don't think it will happen because it would be the implosion of the party

Following on Trump's Duke comments:

https://twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/703955984885161985/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

He's actively playing coy regarding white supremacists in the hope he can hold on to their votes. Not that it would probably even matter, usually when confronted with something Trump says they don't agree with they usually fall back on, "he just has to say that to get elected, we know how he really feels."

It's stupid because he could have just said I disavow it and moved past it. Even white supremacists know now that publicly nobody will tell them they want their vote.

Going by SC she is going to over perform the polls especially in GA.

Yes, PPP made the point yesterday that Clinton's voters are more committed in these southern states. I just hope she is competitive in CO, MN.

It's stupid because he could have just said I disavow it and moved past it. Even white supremacists know now that publicly nobody will tell them they want their vote.

Yes, PPP made the point yesterday that Clinton's voters are more committed in these southern states. I just hope she is competitive in CO, MN.

She will be. The problem for Bernie is he won't be competitive in the South at all. If she gets another 75-25 in Georgia, how does he come back from that? Or a 65-35 in TX? His margins in the Northern states will not be high enough to overcome the deficit.

NeoXChaos

simple win in CO. Run even with whites and outperform with Latinos and AA's which she did in SC and looks to be doing in TX polling.

As for MN. Same playbook as IA. MA is looking tight but is very establishment friendly.

OK? According to Kyle Kondik she beat Sanders in two Appalachian counties by 11 and 20 pts. Bodes well for her in OK on super Tuesday.

Valhelm

contribute something
What causes Clinton's popularity among Mexican Americans? I've heard some suggest that Sanders' use of the word "revolution" hurts him with some Latino voters, but I'm not sure how that would affect Mexicans, who are by far the largest Hispanic group in this country.

What causes Clinton's popularity among Mexican Americans? I've heard some suggest that Sanders' use of the word "revolution" hurts him with some Latino voters, but I'm not sure how that would affect Mexicans, who are by far the largest Hispanic group in this country.

Well there are no national numbers but she's up 37 against Sanders with Latinos in Texas(according to the poll above), who are largely of Mexican descent.

It's probably a combination of things. They know she supports immigration reform (which is of extreme importance) and they believe she is the best candidate to take on the guy who wants to throw out their family and friends. I think at least some of this recent rise of Clinton is a combination of Nevada momentum and people getting serious about Trump.

Owzers

What the fuck from Bernie, I mean this doesn't sound good at all.

Reminds me of Trump's "how stupid are the people of iowa" regarding them polling high on Carson.

Trashing Christie for joining Team Trump is kind of pathetic when you have to pretend Cruz or Rubio would be respectable choices.

Valhelm

contribute something
Well there are no national numbers but she's up 37 against Sanders with Latinos in Texas(according to the poll above), who are largely of Mexican descent.

She's destroying him with Mexican voters, I'm just not sure why. Maybe it has something to do with Bush winning a majority of Hispanic votes in 2004?

Let's say Trump winning the nomination splits the Republican Party into a White Nationalist Party (headed by Trump but with LePage, Rick Scott, and others behind him) and a conservative party that mostly focuses on religion (headed by Rubio). Does Trump or Rubio get more votes in November?

Let's say Trump winning the nomination splits the Republican Party into a White Nationalist Party (headed by Trump but with LePage, Rick Scott, and others behind him) and a conservative party that mostly focuses on religion (headed by Rubio). Does Trump or Rubio get more votes in November?

The Rubio party

Grexeno

Don't you mean Trump's White Nationalist Party and Rubio's Economic Conservatism Party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom