• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruz at the top of the ticket and Trump as a third party would give, what, 40 states to Hillary?

I think that's wishful thinking. Frankly, there are some states that are going to go R regardless of who is on the ticket. Same thing with states that go D. You could have one party run the reanimated corpse of Hitler possessed by Satan and a few states will say "meh, better than the (R / D) candidate." Politics are a funny thing that way. My favorite quote about politics is (and I'm butchering this so I'll paraphrase): "partisan politics is the worst part of politics because it forces you to leave your brain at the door." There are too many places that are so partisan that they simply will not vote for a specific party because they've left their brain at the door.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I think that's wishful thinking. Frankly, there are some states that are going to go R regardless of who is on the ticket. Same thing with states that go D. You could have one party run the reanimated corpse of Hitler possessed by Satan and a few states will say "meh, better than the (R / D) candidate." Politics are a funny thing that way. My favorite quote about politics is (and I'm butchering this so I'll paraphrase): "partisan politics is the worst part of politics because it forces you to leave your brain at the door." There are too many places that are so partisan that they simply will not vote for a specific party because they've left their brain at the door.

Are there any "Republican" states that would split evenly between Cruz and Trump though? Or at at least enough to drag the each other down below Clinton?

For example, if you had Clinton take just 35% of the vote, and Cruz and Trump split the rest down the middle then Clinton would take it, right?

You could map out the possible math based on Obama 2012 results against the 2016 Republican primary results.

If I could, I'd like to take a moment and thank the good posters of Poligaf and their quality analysis and discussion of American politics.

A ways back, I swore to myself I wouldn't get sucked into another tangential distraction in the shitshow off topic threads, but a little while ago, I did just that. Again.

I don't post too often in here, mostly because a lot of what I'd like to say is said much better than I can usually articulate (and much quicker, too), but this has become my go to source for my straight dope wonk fix forged in healthy skepticism and plated very good humor. You cats are alright, and it doesn't matter how inane and circular the "national conversation" is elsewhere, Poligaf makes it all better in just half a page of state by state breakdowns and delicious journalism snark over Twitter. I could list the names of posters whose opinions at least capture my interest daily, but I'd probably forget to mention too many of you. Even the grenade throwers. People kick hornet's nests all the time on GAF, but not with the style and cordiality in this corner of the forums. So, truly, from a lonely night audit manager in flyover country, you all have my deep appreciation.

Never change. I need this, man. Need it.
i remember reading poligaf as a lurker back in the 08 days, good times man

Setting aside the unlikelihood, are you including super delegates in this?

If he does miraculously get an edge in pledged they will basically be obliged to flip.

Nope. That is in pledged delegates only. (I know this was several pages ago, but I wanted to make sure I answered). Doesn't take into account superdelegates at all.

tumblr_m3qizavntw1qdc388o1_500.gif

OMG, you rock. Akibaranger is my shit.

Just keep in mind we don't always know what the fuck we are talking about, especially when it comes to those damn caucuses.

You misspelled cock uses. :p

I did not expect to come back to GAF and see The National Enquire being heralded as having more than a modicum of credibility.

Please tell me that this is all just an elaborate dream.

CCS

Banned
I did not expect to come back to GAF and see The National Enquire being heralded as having more than a modicum of credibility.

It's more just we've been overcome by how damn good the fantasy of it being true would be that we don't want to let go :p

Ecotic

If I could, I'd like to take a moment and thank the good posters of Poligaf and their quality analysis and discussion of American politics.

A ways back, I swore to myself I wouldn't get sucked into another tangential distraction in the shitshow off topic threads, but a little while ago, I did just that. Again.

I don't post too often in here, mostly because a lot of what I'd like to say is said much better than I can usually articulate (and much quicker, too), but this has become my go to source for my straight dope wonk fix forged in healthy skepticism and plated very good humor. You cats are alright, and it doesn't matter how inane and circular the "national conversation" is elsewhere, Poligaf makes it all better in just half a page of state by state breakdowns and delicious journalism snark over Twitter. I could list the names of posters whose opinions at least capture my interest daily, but I'd probably forget to mention too many of you. Even the grenade throwers. People kick hornet's nests all the time on GAF, but not with the style and cordiality in this corner of the forums. So, truly, from a lonely night audit manager in flyover country, you all have my deep appreciation.

Never change. I need this, man. Need it.
As good as this place remains, I wish Neogaf's policy allowed for more forgiveness. We've lost some great voices here over the years who contributed well 98% of the time but made a fatal mistake in some distant thread that relatively few ever saw. It really brings down the feeling of continuity here and I'm sure in other community threads as well. People who are really good contributers are less likely to be as boring as someone like me whose lasted 10 years by being cautious.

It's more just we've been overcome by how damn good the fantasy of it being true would be that we don't want to let go :p

OK, that makes a LOT more sense. I was seriously confused for a second.

Anyway, if people are having fun with it, I guess that's fine.

Hey brainchild! :)

How dare you talk about the National Enquirer like that!? :p I think we all just wish it was true more than anything. I haven't been following it at all.

Hey brainchild! :)

How dare you talk about the National Enquirer like that!? :p I think we all just wish it was true more than anything. I haven't been following it at all.

Hope you guys didn't have too much fun without me, lol

Honestly, I wouldn't want the rumor to be true. I don't want Trump any closer to the whitehouse than he already is.

BTW, is Fiorina one of mistresses?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3UZdf4kAWQ

She's certainly acting like it!

Hope you guys didn't have too much fun without me, lol

Honestly, I wouldn't want the rumor to be true. I don't want Trump any closer to the whitehouse than he already is.

BTW, is Fiorina one of mistresses?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3UZdf4kAWQ

She's certainly acting like it!

The whole GOP side is such a trainwreck, I feel like you need to have an understanding of quantum physics to figure out which is the best result for us Democrats. None of it makes any damn sense.

Edit: I also decided I have to write a book called "Shit my mom says" because...she's effing nuts.

The whole GOP side is such a trainwreck, I feel like you need to have an understanding of quantum physics to figure out which is the best result for us Democrats. None of it makes any damn sense.

Edit: I also decided I have to write a book called "Shit my mom says" because...she's effing nuts.

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it!

I'm guessing chapter one is about how she's forcing us to take her to Jock Night at a gay club because one of her favorite RuPaul Drag Race queens is going to be there. She rented a table and everything. Considering how she lost her shit with the local drag queens over the weekend? It's not going to be pretty.

The rest of the book can be her call/response reactions to anything MSNBC says about Sanders.

I'm guessing chapter one is about how she's forcing us to take her to Jock Night at a gay club because one of her favorite RuPaul Drag Race queens is going to be there. She rented a table and everything. Considering how she lost her shit with the local drag queens over the weekend? It's not going to be pretty.

The rest of the book can be her call/response reactions to anything MSNBC says about Sanders.

I think it's awesome that your mom is totally into Drag Race!

Such a legendary show.

CCS

Banned

I still think that sounds like a great night, I'd love to go with her :p

Except for how she spends 2 hours bitching about how she's disappointed I don't want to do drag? Sure.

Oh, that's unfortunate. She'll get over it eventually.

adam said:
I need to watch the town hall. I DVR'd it but I didn't get a chance to watch. I assume it was insane as per usual?

I didn't watch it, but since it was a town hall, maybe it wasn't quite the circus that it normally is.

Oh, that's unfortunate. She'll get over it eventually.

I didn't watch it, but since it was a town hall, maybe it wasn't quite the circus that it normally is.

She has an autographed picture of Chad Micheals that she has said, is the only thing she cares about saving in the event of a nuclear attack .

I have to watch it. I totally forgot about it until 4 minutes after it started. I'm sur ethey were just saying stupid shit without each other being on stage. I prefer the bat shit crazy when they're all on stage at once. It's more fun that way.

Going to see the Queen this morning in Harlem with the chick from last night.

I have no idea where this even is or how to find out about it, I am so isolated from shit like that in Queens it isn't even funny.
Facebook dude. It's all over. I met the president of the Queens young dems last seemed like a good dude.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think we should use serious thread titles for poligaf. We should save the Hillary jail thread title for when she is in jail next month.

I don't think we should use serious thread titles for poligaf. We should save the Hillary jail thread title for when she is in jail next month.

FUCK.

Does anyone know if they'll let her debate from what I assume is a Maximum Security Prison somewhere around Guantanamo Bay?

CCS

Banned
FUCK.

Does anyone know if they'll let her debate from what I assume is a Maximum Security Prison somewhere around Guantanamo Bay?

They'll have to, she's so shrill that if they don't let her she'll screech loudly enough that we'll hear it anyway.

Tarkus

FUCK.

The real question is how would she run the country? Does that mean Cerium's dead avatar would control the red nuke button?

Don't be jelly straight poligaf can pull

I thought I was gonna have to hit up the Bernie gals.

Get it gurl. Get yours. WERK! Yaaassss.

(Sorry, I assume this is also how straight men congratulate each other? I...I have no point of reference. Sorry).

The real question is how would she run the country? Does that mean Cerium's dead avatar would control the red nuke button?

She'll send coded messages to Bill, who will move the office of the First Lady into the Oval Office, because reasons. He'll also have to give the State of the Union address, attend all official functions, and address the nation from time to time.

Holy shit. This has been his plan all along! They both have the last name Clinton. OMG, how deep does this shit go!? You can't explain it! This is his secret plan to become President for Life, bring in the New World Order and force everyone to get gay, Muslin married!

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

CCS

Banned
Get it gurl. Get yours. WERK! Yaaassss.

(Sorry, I assume this is also how straight men congratulate each other? I...I have no point of reference. Sorry).

She'll send coded messages to Bill, who will move the office of the First Lady into the Oval Office, because reasons. He'll also have to give the State of the Union address, attend all official functions, and address the nation from time to time.

Holy shit. This has been his plan all along! They both have the last name Clinton. OMG, how deep does this shit go!? You can't explain it! This is his secret plan to become President for Life, bring in the New World Order and force everyone to get gay, Muslin married!

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

That sounds really fucking comfortable.

CCS

Banned
You joke in your (what I assume) is a posh English castle. When we're all Muslin, gay married.....what will you people do? Huh?

Bitch please, we're all gay here, there's just varying degrees of repression. It's part of the law that you can't live in a castle if you're not gay :p

Bitch please, we're all gay here, there's just varying degrees of repression. It's part of the law that you can't live in a castle if you're not gay :p

If I liked tea and beer, I'd fit in well. I already have a loathing of the Tories, and I think the Lib Dems are adorable. I remember in 2010 when I thought for about eight minutes that the Lib Dems could pull a plurality. Hehehehehe. I was so young.

Can I LARP Dark Souls in your castle?

Lewd.

CCS

Banned
Can I LARP Dark Souls in your castle?

Oh my, what a proposition :p

If I liked tea and beer, I'd fit in well. I already have a loathing of the Tories, and I think the Lib Dems are adorable. I remember in 2010 when I thought for about eight minutes that the Lib Dems could pull a plurality. Hehehehehe. I was so young.

Lewd.

Haha well you're used to sports teams letting you down constantly so you've got that key element of being British down. Also, God it seems so long ago that the Lib Dems were relevant :p

effzee

Well, to be fair, Republicans are very angry. There's a legitimate revolt happening on the right at the moment. The problem is the media wanting to feed into their created narrative that this is happening on both sides and at all levels of government. Clearly, based on Hillary Queen of the Establishment's complete dominance and Obama's steadily rising favorables, this is just not true.

I really hate the "voters are angry" talking point. (I guess I'm angry about that!) Hillary Clinton, most notable for being called "status quo" by her detractors, has more votes for her than any other candidate running. Obama has a positive approval rating, and it's climbing. The man was elected twice! And his successor is going to be "more of the same" as him. It's literally irrational to argue that voters are angry.

I agree with both but when during an election is the voter base not angry? Especially of the party that hasn't been in the White House? I don't see the Republicans any angrier this election than they were in 12, 08, or the elections before. They were probably less during Bush's 2nd term run up but that's cause they had their guy in.

It should be up to the media to tell these pundits and commentators "No its simply not true and here are the polls, job approval #s, and voting #s to prove you wrong". Instead they let these Republican commentators get away with all this nonsense about Obama creating racial tensions, that he divided the country, that he has led to the nature of political discourse on the right.

I just don't get why the media overall is so sheepish and just gets walked over. Call these fuckers out all the time.

All y'all fuckers missing out on this hot Census test action right here in East Los Angeles. Losers have to wait till 2020 like suckers to fill out a census form ONLINE.

Praise Obama.

Since I'm now self-employed (pending my final interview with Apple, but still will be doing this on the side), I now have to vote conservative. Luckily, since Hillary is basically a Republican, I can still vote for Queen.

Oh, lol
A lawyer who represented the so-called “D.C. madam” says he has phone records that could influence the outcome of the presidential election, and he’s threatening to release one or more names on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court if he’s denied a hearing on his right to distribute them.

Montgomery Blair Sibley, the late madam Deborah Palfrey’s colorful attorney, has been subject to a restraining order since 2007 barring him from releasing the information, which he says includes 815 names, addresses and Social Security numbers of Verizon Wireless customers.

“Time is of the essence because people are casting votes in primaries and caucuses,” he says. “I believe this information is relevant to that political discourse.”

Sibley first said the records could be relevant to the presidential race in January, when there were 15 high-profile candidates. Now, just three Republicans and two Democrats remain – though Sibley won’t say if any are implicated, citing fear of being jailed for contempt.

Probably BS but standards are low with that National Enquirer piece and even people like Maddow are reporting it regardless. I think all candidates running bar Trump were living in DC when this woman was actively pimping, so lol.

CCS

Banned
Since I'm now self-employed (pending my final interview with Apple, but still will be doing this on the side), I now have to vote conservative. Luckily, since Hillary is basically a Republican, I can still vote for Queen.

Lucky for you that Trump is a more liberal candidate than her. Imagine if the Republicans had an actual right wing candidate.

(Courtesy of reddit)

Sleeper agent to sneak iPhone security details to her highness, got it.

Sleeper agent to sneak iPhone security details to her highness, got it.

Why would you make such a disgusting insinuation about Queen. Please, repeat what you said slowly and clearly, while speaking into this completely normal Hillary for President button that is causally affixed to my shirt, and is in no way connected to the wire that is running under my blouse.

Why would you make such a disgusting insinuation about Queen. Please, repeat what you said slowly and clearly, while speaking into this completely normal Hillary for President button that is causally affixed to my shirt, and is in no way connected to the wire that is running under my blouse.

Fuck! I just submitted my Census form, Queen will know where I live! SHIT SHIT SHIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom