• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even better is I didn't pay for them lol and they're always fantastic seats supplied by my dad's work. My siblings and our significant others just go with him as a group to watch it together. Good stuff.

I hate you.

Not really. But I kind of wish I did.

edit: I totally read that wrong. Thought you went to the Laker game.

I went to one baseball game in my whole life.

I took a boy when I was in high school to a Cleveland Indians spring training game. He actually wanted to watch the game. Sad. Mess.

Mael

Daniel B·;201003132 said:
Yeah, Bern's having zero impact on the good residents of the Big Apple:

Joe: Bernie Sanders Has Another Iconic Moment | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Bring on tonight's CNN debate (9:00 EST), in Bernie's birthplace and home for eighteen years, Brooklyn, NYC, plus one of the states that outlawed fracking, a Hillary sore spot :).

You mean the same state that views Sanders gun policy badly and whose economy is dependent on Wall Street he spent the last year explaining they were evil AND the root of all ills in the world?
That New York?

I've gone to more Cavs games than I have any other pro sports team combined.

(And I've gone to more Ohio State games than any pro sports team combined.)

I've gone to more Cavs games than I have any other pro sports team combined.

(And I've gone to more Ohio State games than any pro sports team combined.)

My mom would like to talk to you. Her biggest disappointment, other than none of her children do drag, is that none of us went to Ohio State.

My mom would like to talk to you. Her biggest disappointment, other than none of her children do drag, is that none of us went to Ohio State.

Granted we're talking about a combined sample across all sports of, like, three

But yeah, undergrad was pretty great for that.

(Think I went to see them play Illinois once + that awesome Iowa game that went to OT - both in 09)

Granted we're talking about a sample of, like, three

But yeah, undergrad was pretty great for that.

(Think I went to see them play Illinois twice + that OT Iowa game in 09)

My mom throws things at the TV during Ohio State games. Like....she would cause physical harm to someone. We almost got thrown out of a B Dubs because she was losing her shit. This is a 68 year old woman, mind you. If we went to a game, she'd totally end up getting arrested.

My mom throws things at the TV during Ohio State games. Like....she would cause physical harm to someone. We almost got thrown out of a B Dubs because she was losing her shit. This is a 68 year old woman, mind you. If we went to a game, she'd totally end up getting arrested.

My mom just starts swearing up a minor storm during Ohio State games (or Cavs games, or Indians games when they're on), while I'm the family member that occasionally gets mad enough to want to physically fight someone.

(Like, there was a broken window at my house for a long time because I was mad as hell over the Cavs losing to the Knicks in 08 and punched it out. I was one sullen-ass teenager.)

Holmes

Boo, the Fox polls are national
tumblr_inline_o403qmC8VO1s5xoo7_500.gif

studyguy

I hate you.

Not really. But I kind of wish I did.

edit: I totally read that wrong. Thought you went to the Laker game.

Nah, I tried to go to Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday and they had a line out the door for people trying to watch the game there. Kobe cost me some wings, fuck the Lakers.

Daniel B·;201003132 said:
Yeah, Bern's having zero impact on the good residents of the Big Apple:

Joe: Bernie Sanders Has Another Iconic Moment | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Bring on tonight's CNN debate (9:00 EST), in Bernie's birthplace and home for eighteen years, Brooklyn, NYC, plus one of the states that outlawed fracking, a Hillary sore spot :).

Just anecdotal but my FB feed is filled with NYC friends, many of whom are Bernie supporters and every single day another one posts bitching that they can't vote in the primary because they didn't plan ahead.

Rallies ≠ votes.

Just anecdotal but my FB feed is filled with NYC friends, many of whom are Bernie supporters and every single day another one posts bitching that they can't vote in the primary because they didn't plan ahead.

Rallies ≠ votes.

like, at least with Obama's big-ass rallies his campaign organization was actually capable of reliably turning people out (in large part because it wasn't basically young people and no one else), this one's just jeb bush as hell

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
As a gay man with a similarly crazy mother I feel your pain, Adam.

Mine actually does go out so see games though and I have to Mariah Carey idontknowher.gif

Your assumptions not withstanding, I noticed you didn't answer the question about why exactly you support this law that provided special exemptions from common law at the behest of monied interests.
I didn't say I supported the law. I just asked what suing a company selling a legal product was going to achieve. I didn't bring up the law until you did, and then said the law was nonsense. I still think suing a company because a crazy person got their product and killed people with it is a bit silly.

I wish I liked basketball. I can't stand the squeaking shoes. Plus it's boring.

If the Cavs make the playoffs, Beiber can't come to Cleveland.

Win freaking win.

Holmes

So the debate is just going to be Sanders doing his usual Wall Street shtick with some fracking added in here and there, and Clinton will be able to talk about specific New York issues and what's she's done about them as Senator. ok.

So the debate is just going to be Sanders doing his usual Wall Street shtick with some fracking added in here and there, and Clinton will be able to talk about specific New York issues and what's she's done about them as Senator. ok.

so basically, whatever undecideds there are, they're proooooobably comin' home to the queen

I didn't say I supported the law. I just asked what suing a company selling a legal product was going to achieve. I didn't bring up the law until you did, and then said the law was nonsense. I still think suing a company because a crazy person got their product and killed people with it is a bit silly.

Good. Because, literally, no one is arguing for that.

The actual question is: Do you think gun manufacturers should be liable under common law for litigation with regard to product safety in terms of both design and distribution? Is that a silly premise?

Iolo

It's a Wolf Blitzer special, so 2 straight hours of trying to get them to attack each other.

User1608

Banned
This is ultimately where I stand as well.

Idealism vs. Pragmatism, I guess. Although, unlike a good number of Sanders supporters, I would happily vote for either nominee.

That is how I feel. A lot of people think that is settling, but I think it is being a realist. You not going to burn down the system. Cause half the system thinks like Donald trump
Cool to see and hear! It's disheartening to see a fair number of people not realize that trying to go all in too fast could backfire and set us back decades (again!) from ever achieving or getting close to certain, progressive goals/legislation like universal healthcare, free/cheap college, and most of all, equality for all regardless of whoever you are. It's necessary to play the long game as crappy as the wait can be.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The actual question is: Do you think gun manufacturers should be liable under common law for litigation with regard to product safety in terms of both design and distribution? Is that a silly premise?

It's not, since common law still requires negligence.
If they have to defend against more lawsuits, then so be it. It's a cost of producing killing devices.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He's gonna look like a real dumbass if he tries to bring up fracking when Cuomo basically did what Clinton said she would do, study it first and then make a decision.

He's also going to attack her on her speech to Verizon.

Which she should immediately respond with WHERE YOUR TAX RETURN BRAH!? DO YOU EVEN LIFT!?

As a gay man with a similarly crazy mother I feel your pain, Adam.

Mine actually does go out so see games though and I have to Mariah Carey idontknowher.gif

When I was single, my mom visited me in NYC and EVERY SINGLE TIME we'd go to a restaurant or a shop and there was a gay or possibly gay server/ clerk/ etc. she's chat him up sort of flirtatiously then nod nod wink wink at me.

I finally had to tell her that they weren't my type. And when pressed she discovered my type is basically someone who looks like a beaten up former hockey player/ drummer for a punk rock band/ hooligan rough neck, etc. She stopped trying to set me up then.

Good. Because, literally, no one is arguing for that.

You're right:
The complaint alleges that while the weapon is suitable for the military and for law enforcement—where it’s used for combat and limited police purposes—in civilian hands, the high-caliber, rapid-fire rifles are essentially killing machines.
I don't see how this is a better excuse. If the product is legal for sell to civilians, then its legal to sell. Suing the company for selling it legally solves what?

The actual question is: Do you think gun manufacturers should be liable under common law for litigation with regard to product safety in terms of both design and distribution?
Aren't they though?
both manufacturers and dealers can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible in much the same manner that any U.S. based manufacturer of consumer products is held responsible. They may also be held liable for negligence when they have reason to know a gun is intended for use in a crime.
If not, then yes.

When I was single, my mom visited me in NYC and EVERY SINGLE TIME we'd go to a restaurant or a shop and there was a gay or possibly gay server/ clerk/ etc. she's chat him up sort of flirtatiously then nod nod wink wink at me.

I finally had to tell her that they weren't my type. And when pressed she discovered my type is basically someone who looks like a beaten up former hockey player/ drummer for a punk rock band/ hooligan rough neck, etc. She stopped trying to set me up then.

OMG, my mom used to do that to. Now that I have a bf, my mom and his mom keep trying to push us closer together way faster than a normal person would want.

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky?

Sanders campaign suspends new Jewish coordinator

Two days after the announcement of her hiring, the Sanders presidential campaign suspended its national Jewish outreach coordinator, Simone Zimmerman, on Thursday after revelations that she had posted vulgarities about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel on Facebook.

“She has been suspended while we investigate the matter,” Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs wrote in an email.

Ms. Zimmerman’s suspension comes after a report on Wednesday in the Washington Free Beacon which found a Facebook post in which she used a vulgarity and described Mr. Netanyahu as “arrogant, deceptive, cynical,” and “manipulative.” She then used more aggressive language and continued that he had “sanctioned the murder of over 2,000 people this summer.”

But members of the American Jewish establishment had been attacking her and the Sanders campaign since her appointment for her record of criticizing Israeli settlements and its policies in the West Bank and Gaza. Abe Foxman, the president of the Anti-Defamation League, also called for her firing.

Ms. Zimmerman, who declined to comment, has been active in left wing Jewish politics for years and came up in organizations such as J Street, but has also worked closely with Jewish synagogues in Los Angeles, and with young Jews on myriad trips to Israel. While the American Jewish establishment considers her and her allies radical, she and young Jewish activists argue that their disgust with the Netanyahu government’s policies is inching toward the mainstream.

Netanyahu is those things but I understand why they had to suspend her.

OMG, my mom used to do that to. Now that I have a bf, my mom and his mom keep trying to push us closer together way faster than a normal person would want.

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky?

Ha! It is a super sweet gesture and I appreciated it... sort of. Now she and my step dad gush about my bf. I think they like him more than me.

We haven't got to the moms united phase yet. Hoping that one stays elusive. Good luck with that :p

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Your mom is awesome.

Same here. Like I know many of us are us progressive as it gets without being nutty but yeah, better to have slow and steady progress than none or even regression.

It's easy to stand for principle when you're not the one being currently trampled, as Obama used to (in other ways) say. He had a saying about principled pragmatism, and I think I probably fall in that area.

Cool to see and hear! It's disheartening to see a fair number of people not realize that trying to go all in too fast could backfire and set us back decades (again!) from ever achieving or getting close to certain, progressive goals/legislation like universal healthcare, free/cheap college, and most of all, equality for all regardless of whoever you are. It's necessary to play the long game as crappy as the wait can be.

Yep. Though I like Sanders because I think he has correctly diagnosed exactly how big of a problem the economic structure of the country is (everyone seems to think it is a problem, but I think Sanders is the one who realizes just how big of a problem it is, and how destabilizing of a problem it will turn into rather quickly) - forward progress is forward progress. You just have to find the balance between making some progress but not doing it so slowly that it never gets anywhere.

While I am definitely a "Do it right" person, I think there is a middle ground between even what Clinton has as incremental change and Sanders' going all revolution on everyone. I think Obama is a good compromise in the middle between the two - I think Clinton is too cynical and too deliberate, and Sanders is too "let's blow this shit up". But I like that Sanders is at least forcing the conversation and forcing people to even think about it as a possibility.

I mean, let's be honest - the Dems have two candidates that are, especially considering the GOP side, pretty good candidates to choose from.

Sanders campaign suspends new Jewish coordinator

Netanyahu is those things but I understand why they had to suspend her.

Well, that went well.

Ha! It is a super sweet gesture and I appreciated it... sort of. Now she and my step dad gush about my bf. I think they like him more than me.

We haven't got to the moms united phase yet. Hoping that one stays elusive. Good luck with that :p

Oh, I know my mom likes Kyle better than me. Kyle's mom definitely likes me better than him, though. Our moms get along great, so that's a big plus. I'm a bit of a momma's boy, but my Berniebro and I both take care of our moms. So it's a good fit.

The other night, they downed like 2 bottles of wine and shit talked Bernie. It was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom