• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 35s35 seconds ago
Why are the exit polls wrong? Well, Bernie is killing it in Buffalo. We know that the exit polling was done heavily there.

gcubed

Why are the exit polls wrong? Well, Bernie is killing it in Buffalo. We know that the exit polling was done heavily there.

That doesn't make sense, wouldn't they exit poll from a lot of places to avoid that?

pigeon

Banned

Ahaha, Buffalo fucking things up again. Bernie Sanders is the Bills of presidential politics apparently.

Really though, places like CNN should just always just do exit polls where they actively look for open supporters, then poll those people in equal proportions.

Dead heat automatically!

Uhhhh whaaaaa? Decision Desk had some kind of fuck up where it showed about a 2 point difference all of a sudden and then it went back to 62 - 38. Freaked me the hell out.

So Sanders has to drop now right? I mean this is a killing.

drop now and prepare to run 3rd party? It would be crazy if he runs 3rd party, AND Trump gets screwed by the GOP so he runs 3rd party. Hillary and Cruz as the D and R, but Trump and Sanders taking chunks of votes from everyone. Would be a hell of an election

Iolo

If this is what passes for exit polling then what the hell is even the point?

Maengun1

271053.jpg

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 3m3 minutes ago Washington, DC
The Democratic race, in the end, should could come very close to pre-election polls.

pigeon

Banned
Man, the CNN exit polls got the people over on Reddit's hopes up. Godamn.

Yeah I thought a small win would be guaranteed by the "most annoying thing" theory of the primary but I now see that God knows better what will generate the maximum amount of annoyance and a huge Hillary win with a dead heat exit poll right beforehand is definitely the Lord's way.

That doesn't make sense, wouldn't they exit poll from a lot of places to avoid that?

If they wanted to be first out of the gate, and were iffy on statistical methods, they might have hoped that the particular region was pretty representative of the state, and just used the one place since it's faster.

As a mathematician, I don't abide that one bit.

Edit: Holy shit shinra, that Japanese food comment lolol

Atenhaus

Jesus H. fucking Christ, r/politics is a bloodbath right now with stupid fucking assholes blaming black people for Bernie getting stomped. smh makes me disgusted to be associated with these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom