• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

I'd be mad but you've already proven you have terrible taste so I can't be too disappointed in this blasphemy

i mean, at some point if you are a fan of Cleveland sports people just pity you instead of being upset by anything you say.

The futility will continue through 2017, sorry Cavs fans. Birdie said so

bananas

Banned
Just as a side note, Christie is a legitimately huge Cowboys fan. Loves them and Jerry. Yes, he's one of those piece of shit NJ Cowboys fans. You have two legitimate teams in that same division right around your home state that you could root for, and you choose the fucking Cowboys.

Fuck Chris Christie
Well, I'm from Florida and I'm a Packers fan.

But then again, I'm from Florida.

i mean, at some point if you are a fan of Cleveland sports people just pity you instead of being upset by anything you say.

birdie also said he could win a majority of pledged delegates so he can FOH

At least it's not the Eagles, am I right!?

Any team better than Cleveland is trash...which pretty much leaves us with no NFL teams that are worthy of respect.
We are invested in the outcome of their season Adam. Think positive thoughts about the Eagles..
Positively awful.. 1-15 . Pls

:(

I know...

Bowdz

That Jerry Brown endorsement is great timing (not that it'll move the needle for Clinton at all). Good to know one of the GOAT governors from the GOAT states knows one of the GOAT political candidates of our time.

Also, lol just lol at the Cavs. Golden State are the GOAT from the GOAT state.

Slayven

Bernie has Warriors ticket money, but can't come down to the South? We are a lot cheaper and have Sweet tea and Red Velvet cake

studyguy

surely the GOAT state could build a high-speed railway without going over budget

Highspeed railway going up and down the coast?
Please, no one needs that.

What I need is my high speed railway to Vegas, thanks.
Gambling by the middle of the day, black out drunk on the way back home.

is that blackout drunk so you forget how high your rent is, or blackout drunk so you wake up to find you're back in the best city on the left coast

Emarv

Trump: "Korea calls me far-sighted. They're right. I have the best eyesight! My eyes are the best eyes. Not like Jeb's wimpy eyes. No nerd glasses here."

Diablos

Seriously fam, how much time does Sanders have to get on the ballot as an independent? I know the deadline is most states to be affiliated with a party passed in most cases back in March I believe, but if you're purely independent don't you have more time?

His campaign has this weird pattern of one second acting like they'd never go third party, then immediately start acting irrational and crazy again, then dance around the question, then someone like Weaver will claim they wouldn't do it, then they up the ante again and threaten to stop the convention dead in its tracks because it consists of a couple important people in high ranking positions who hurt Bernie's feelings... It's an endless cycle of inconsistency and bullshit.

The bottom line is they've been all over the map in terms of their messaging. I don't trust them at all.

Until Sanders kicks his insanity into overdrive until the convention is over. Brace yourself.

Thing is though, by that point everyone who isn't also crazy will see it for what it is. He'll be a child throwing a tantrum in a padded cell, basically. Where the only person he's liable to hurt will be himself.

It will be over in the eyes of everyone but the bat shit crazy.

Wilsongt

I really wished someone would have made an image yesterday saying "Remember those that fought and died so a politician could scare you into thinking you are going to be molested while you pee."

Seriously fam, how much time does Sanders have to get on the ballot as an independent? I know the deadline is most states to be affiliated with a party passed in most cases back in March I believe, but if you're purely independent don't you have more time?

His campaign has this weird pattern of one second acting like they'd never go third party, then immediately start acting irrational and crazy again, then dance around the question, then someone like Weaver will claim they wouldn't do it, then they up the ante again and threaten to stop the convention dead in its tracks because it consists of a couple important people in high ranking positions who hurt Bernie's feelings... It's an endless cycle of inconsistency and bullshit.

He doesn't have the resources to organize a third party run. It requires thousands of signatures per state, and running a third party run with barely any money at all is close to impossible.

Emarv

It varies state by state and requires a lot of paperwork and infrastructure in addition to just the signatures. Not to mention money (the same money he's using instead on California).

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates

The bottom line is they've been all over the map in terms of their messaging. I don't trust them at all.

I don't think he'll do it. The deadline in Texas has passed, but he couldn't have got on that ballot anyway. The deadlines roll from this week all thw ay through the end of August/September, I believe.

Zona

To the point you'd vote for Romney over her?

I am curious what people's theoretical line in the sand is for generic republican verses crazy democrat.

Depends on the republican, depends on how the democrats crazy. A Trump on the republican side raises the bar significantly, so that even things that would otherwise be deal breakers will probably get a pass in the interest of not opening the seventh seal. In the dark timeline where it's Jill Stein vs Trump Jill will have my vote. Vs a Romney I would likely abstain from voting, vs an Eisenhower I'd be voting Ike.

Oh I phrased it poorly. That wasn't meant as an either/or, just wanted to put some nominal amount there. Just a would you do be willing to do it...

Hypothetically yes, but my current situation involves me paying about 75% of my income for rent and utilities. As I've yet to perfect photosynthesis what little remains of my income is, by necessity, devoted to my car and food if anything's left over.

studyguy

If he was going independent, he passed a number of state deadlines fucking AGES ago.
I recall Bloomberg saying if he couldn't make it happen by the end of March, there was no point in trying.

Trump seems maaaaaad about this veteran's fundraising thing.

Vet the recipients? Yes, because there aren't any established charities around or anything...

Edit: He knows he could just release the list to the media without reading them all off, right?

Emarv

Literally every Trump speech sounds like that guy who didn't prepare for the class presentation even though it was a simple report.

studyguy

Honestly the Bay Area is where I'd imagine the bulk of his support is coming from.
He's held rallies out in Southern California recently, but most of it is youth turning out.
We'll see how that goes when it comes time for them to hit the polls.

Owzers

It sounds like all the money came from like six people. "I never thought i'd raise a million". You gave a million and you're counting that.

Man what a weekend. A predominantly white crowd at a Bernie rally in Oakland starts singing We Shall Overcome, Bernie fell asleep at a memorial day event, Trump goes to war with a Judge of latin heritage and Bill Kristol is trying to run a zombie Reagan for 3rd party.

Emarv

Trump going in on the press right now. And the press seems pretty fed up. Calls ABC reporter a "sleaze" to his face. Doesn't answer "Is a question an attack?"

Owzers

Trump going in on the press right now. And the press seems pretty fed up. Calls ABC reporter a "sleaze" to his face. Doesn't answer "Is a question an attack?"

i loved that question, if only he would have opened with it instead of cowering behind saying these are just questions raised by the other side and not them. Trump should attack the media, they are weaker than Jeb.

Did you guys read about Hillary's plan to disrupt Trump's veteran speech?

First on CNN: Clinton campaign's plans to subvert Trump's veterans press conference
New York (CNN) Hillary Clinton's campaign on Tuesday will launch a multi-pronged communications effort to trash Donald Trump's record on veterans' issues and undermine the billionaire's news conference touting the money he's raised for veterans' causes in recent months.

The campaign will host a national press call, release statements and unleash surrogates in key battleground states armed with talking points and opposition research to highlight Trump's past disparaging remarks about veterans, his Veterans Administration reform plans, and his months-long refusal to fully account for the funds he raised in January for veterans' charities, according to plans the Clinton campaign shared with CNN.

The plan is the Clinton campaign's most targeted effort yet to disrupt a Trump-organized event that the billionaire hopes will earn him hours of free -- and largely positive -- media time. And it comes on the heels of the Clinton camp's week-long effort last week to knock Trump off-message and discredit the presumptive Republican nominee by hammering him over a series of comments he made about the 2008 financial crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom