• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

Near the beginning of the speech, when someone in the audience yells something and Obama respond with "I can't do that." What did that person say? I can't make it out on my phone...:(

It was hard to make out, but going by his response, the person was definitely asking him to run again. "I can't. The Constitution forbids it, but, more importantly, Michelle forbids it!"

I was unironically gonna fill that out, but then I remembered I'm a straight MIXED male so I'm still allowed to vote.

Ya, but...the straight part is worrisome, to be honest. Better be safe and fill it out. I don't want to see you denied the vote because of a misunderstanding.

Also, who cares about California. (sorry Cali fam <3). She'll be the nominee before they even close.

WHO THE FUCK STILL USES AOL?!?!?!?

I've heard it said that, in some circles, having an AOL email address is sometimes a big deal in Washington. The implication being that, if you're a professional working in DC who set up their work email in AOL, that means you've been in politics for a long time.

Bowdz

I've heard it said that, in some circles, having an AOL email address is sometimes a big deal in Washington. The implication being that, if you're a professional working in DC who set up their work email in AOL, that means you've been in politics for a long time.

Oh god. It's fitting that I'm reading this in an airport with This Town on my lap.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Heh. Ouch.

Specifics of the injunction order sought by Sanders’ supporters included: requiring poll workers in California’s 58 counties to individually inform “no party preference” voters of their right to request a partisan presidential primary ballot; compelling statewide television, radio, internet and email announcements to inform voters about state election laws;
I'm surprised they didn't request someone to be made available at all polling stations to hold voters' hands.

shem935

Banned
Hadn't seen it mentioned but Kansas school funding was ruled unconstitutional last week, due to inequity of monetary distribution, and now with the legislative session ending lawmakers have 30 days to fix the problem. Basically lawmakers have cut so much money out of the states school budget that there isn't enough to equally fund the needs of all schools despite budget cuts by all schools.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article80953342.html

Read in the local paper that they essentially have 3 options:

1. Capitulate and properly fund schools
2. Defy the courts and allow schools to be closed
3. Let the board of educators delegate funding in the hopes they would find a better way to distribute money.

Haven't found any info on if this effects my University but I hope not. Got summer classes starting soon :/

Hadn't seen it mentioned but Kansas school funding was ruled unconstitutional last week, due to inequity of monetary distribution, and now with the legislative session ending lawmakers have 30 days to fix the problem. Basically lawmakers have cut so much money out of the states school budget that there isn't enough to equally fund the needs of all schools despite budget cuts by all schools.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article80953342.html

Read in the local paper that they essentially have 3 options:

1. Capitulate and properly fund schools
2. Defy the courts and allow schools to be closed
3. Let the board of educators delegate funding in the hopes they would find a better way to distribute money.

Haven't found any info on if this effects my University but I hope not. Got summer classes starting soon :/

Something like this happened in Ohio. However, nothing changed at all. They ruled the levy system we had unconstitutional, and it hasn't changed a lick since then.

With the AOL, Yahoo and MSN tool bar on IE. On a computer running Windows XP with so much malware I needed antibiotics afterwards.

Maybe theres a relationship between needing help and having a yahoo account

Ya. They're all old as fuck.

itschris

Washington Post: Enough with Bernie Sanders

This is the place where a policy-oriented Washington commentator like myself is supposed to offer Bernie Sanders supporters some sort of olive branch. For example, I could point out that he has highlighted some real issues. I am angry about money in politics, too. I believe that income inequality is a problem, too. I think the safety net needs strengthening, too. In other words, I am supposed to indicate that I get why Sanders has a movement.

But the truth is that Sanders does not deserve a movement, and his losing campaign does not deserve unusual deference and concessions. His tale about American oligarchy is simplistic, his policy proposals are shallow, his rejection of political reality is absurd, his self-righteousness and stubbornness are unbecoming. And, yes, he has lost.

Emarv

I know you guys have talked about it already, but this nate quote just killed me.

natesilver: I don&#8217;t look at approval ratings as a magic forecasting bullet by any means. But it&#8217;s sort of fascinating to me that Obama is gaining ground and has reasonably healthy (although by no means great) approval ratings at a time when the electorate is supposedly in this burn-it-all-to-hell mode.

harry: Maybe because the electorate really isn&#8217;t in burn-to-hell mode?

natesilver: Other than Trump, it&#8217;s been a fairly normal, predictable election cycle! Of course, that&#8217;s like saying &#8220;other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?&#8221;
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/of-course-trump-can-win/

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wasn't there an article a while back that said that AOL gets most of its revenue from people who aren't aware they're still subscribed to AOL?

Iolo

finally fundraising numbers

@KThomasDC said:
.@hillaryclinton reports raising $27M+ for the primary in May & $13.5M+ for DNC/state parties. Campaign says it has $42M+ in bank.

well Bernster, let's see your hand

dramatis

He just hates Hillary Clinton. .....and I think he thinks Trump is "telling it how it is." sdkgljsdlgjsdklgjsdlgjsdglsdjglksg

Heh. I love him, but it's seriously WTF. My mom was going to vote Trump because of my dad, but I explained to her that Trump enables racism and bad things (even if not to us), and she actually was like oh yeah that makes sense nvm I'm not voting for him.
Try the "your future" argument. That is, what a Trump presidency would do to your future prospects, Trump's disrespect of women, etc.

HylianTom

Banned
Try the "your future" argument. That is, what a Trump presidency would do to your future prospects, Trump's disrespect of women, etc.

This hit home with a few of my family members, women in particular. I asked how they'd feel if their daughters were treated similarly to how Trump has treated/regarded women.

Bullseye.

What the hell, are all the political comedians on Summer vacation or something? TDS, TNS, Colbert, Sam Bee, Oliver, Seth Meyers, none of them have new videos this week!

They're probably all taking a break this week since nothing of major consequence is scheduled to happen. The 7th and then the 14th (and their consequences) are definite sources of material.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What the hell, are all the political comedians on Summer vacation or something? TDS, TNS, Colbert, Sam Bee, Oliver, Seth Meyers, none of them have new videos this week!

gaugebozo

Maybe theres a relationship between needing help and having a yahoo account
My mother has a Yahoo account.
You're right. :-/

Edit: Comedy shows usually go on vacation around holidays, even school holidays. I know John Stewart used to go places with his kids.

HylianTom

Banned

I'm reading the comments attached to this wonderful rant, and notice a theme:
You'd never, ever guess that there was a very effective opposition party opposing the Democrats on every damn attempt they put-forth for progressive achievements. The fault is always on the Democrats. Apparently its the Democrats' fault that they didn't magically overcome this usual, easily-anticipated opposition.

The mental gymnastics.. remarkable. And goddamn tiresome. I expect delusion from the other side of the aisle, but it's downright disappointing to see it having taken hold within this party.

Iolo

I heard she was broke tho

HIRE ME HILLARY

That's what Mook told me yesterday.

Earlier today, Bernie was asked about any declines in fundraising, and he said they don't need as much money as when they had 30-40 states to go.

1) He spent all that money in only a few states;
2) He could be blasting her out of the sky in CA;
c) ... the general election?

mortal_kombat_finish_him.png

c) ... the general election?
We all know damn well that there's never been any consideration in his campaign toward having a bank for the GE. Even if there was ever talk of it, considering they consider their donor base to be of infinite gullibility I'm sure they were just planning on asking super extra hard. Once he gets winning again it's easy money! ...I'm sure is the logic!
Those fundraising numbers are WEAK! Bernie refunds that much every day, son.
Heh.

ampere

The sane ones accepted he was done in March.

I'd correct this:

The realistic ones accepted he was done after his abysmal Super Tuesday performance

The hopeful ones accepted he was done after New York

Anyone who still thinks he has a chance now doesn't have a good understanding of math, or bought in hard to the "rigged and corrupt" rhetoric he's spewing and is probably a bit of a loon.

royalan

Really the tea has been hot on Bernie since South Carolina, which signaled how the rest of the South was gonna go.

When you look back over this primary, it really hasn't been much of a contest. Hillary's had a cute-but-sensible flat in a poll-tested color on Bernie's neck since Nevada.

NeoXChaos

Didnt stop us from Diablosing after New Hampshire. South Carolina was the biggest night of the campaign. No one here expect a near 50 pt wipe out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom