• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Really the tea has been hot on Bernie since South Carolina, which signaled how the rest of the South was gonna go.

When you look back over this primary, it really hasn't been much of a contest. Hillary's had a cute-but-sensible flat in a poll-tested color on Bernie's neck since Nevada.
Well it was supposed to be less of a contest. Bernie was originally a nothing, then 2-4 states, then a real "challenger."

Clinton was never in danger of losing but it's usually her own unforced errors from 20 years ago that sink ha

A shame that collecting didn't start months ago so we could watch how polluted it got over time. Any date after Tuesday isn't going to mean much, plus you'd like to think that would be peak anti-Clinton as reality sets in afterwards.

That the mods there simply don't care is depressing. At the broader r/politics you'd think a few would be interesting in keeping the place clean.

The Revolution is going to need to purge the courts, too? That'll be a fun argument to have with people. Though I'm 100% in support of being able to register at any time. Not being able to register for a party, even (as parties can create their own rules), but just general voter registration.

I'm reading the comments attached to this wonderful rant, and notice a theme:
You'd never, ever guess that there was a very effective opposition party opposing the Democrats on every damn attempt they put-forth for progressive achievements. The fault is always on the Democrats. Apparently its the Democrats' fault that they didn't magically overcome this usual, easily-anticipated opposition.

The mental gymnastics.. remarkable. And goddamn tiresome. I expect delusion from the other side of the aisle, but it's downright disappointing to see it having taken hold within this party.

The thing that the Revolution misunderstands completely is that our government is designed to move very slowly for a reason, and so it's not the party's fault that winning a few elections doesn't make them dictators (which is what Bernie's people and Republicans think happens). The problem is that, while I'd love to just ram a shit-ton of left-wing policy through under Obama, the ability to do so would also be shared by a possible Republican, and it's just plain not worth the risk. The GOP agrees, as would most sane voters.

Annie Oakley sang it best. Anything we can do, they can do better. I'd rather they never got the chance, and that means we don't either. Arguably the same logic goes into arguing for unilateral nuclear disarmament.

This hit home with a few of my family members, women in particular. I asked how they'd feel if their daughters were treated similarly to how Trump has treated/regarded women.

Bullseye.

You mean appointed them to top-tier positions in a Fortune 500 company? / r/thedonald

Edit: Bernie lost all the way back in Iowa, I'm not sure how this primary has gone on this long when he couldn't decisively win a caucus in a state whiter than a Trump rally.

The fact that he hasn't released them is enough of a signal for us

Plus, maybe that's why he hasn't left California? He doesn't have the $27 for the bus. Sad.

gaugebozo

Didnt stop us from Diablosing after New Hampshire. South Carolina was the biggest night of the campaign. No one here expect a near 50 pt wipe out.

Well it was supposed to be less of a contest. Bernie was originally a nothing, then 2-4 states, then a real "challenger."

Clinton was never in danger of losing but it's usually her own unforced errors from 20 years ago that sink ha

I'm seeing double. Four Hillarys!

Y2Kev

Is there any requirement to? I think the FEC filing has to be done by the 20th, but I wonder if he could keep it quiet until after CA.

Well then why does anyone release them when they're not records? I thought you had to disclose to the FEC and the FEC records were publik.

Iolo

Well then why does anyone release them when they're not records? I thought you had to disclose to the FEC and the FEC records were publik.

That's a good question, I haven't really thought about it as I'm a little bit busy running for president right now.

Real answer, since the FEC's website says they have to file by June 20th, campaigns probably release this info ahead of time as a measure of their strength. I believe that when some of the Republicans campaigns were floundering, they didn't reveal their totals for quite a few days after the end of the month.

Hillary's not going to get nomination-clinch bump like Trump did if Bernie and his campaign keep bringing up superdelegates, first ballot, etc after Cali. People will tune out.

Makai

In Janurary, Bill Kristol's "Never Trump" Candidate Said He Would Vote For Donald Trump

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif~c200

Hillary's not going to get nomination-clinch bump like Trump did if Bernie and his campaign keep bringing up superdelegates, first ballot, etc after Cali. People will tune out.

I'm more apt to believe people will tune Bernie out. We're well into sore loser territory and if he keeps it up throughout June it'll look bad. Even worse he'll essentially be debating himself, given that the rest of the party will move on to focusing on Trump.

And if he rebuffs Obama's attempts to mediate it won't be hard for the president to say hey, I wrapped the nomination up before the convention too, that's how it works.

ampere

Obama just dropping facts nonstop.

I love this speech.

It's too good. He's really in campaigning form again. He's gotta be itching to start name dropping Hillary

In Janurary, Bill Kristol's "Never Trump" Candidate Said He Would Vote For Donald Trump

http://rs603.pbsrc.com/albums/tt112/MrWookie47/animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif~c200[IMG][/QUOTE]

He really shit the bed with that pick. Literally made no impact

Y2Kev

If he "goes to the convention," I anticipate he will not get a speaking slot. I think Hillary and Bernie will work something out after DC.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Y2Kev

Do we really want to make this an issue? Hillary is holding back her transcripts. lol who cares.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Do we really want to make this an issue? Hillary is holding back her transcripts. lol who cares.

I would care a whole lot less assuming that lawsuit did not exist. I'd care a whole lot more if Sanders actually had a > 1% chance at the nomination.

It's also amusing that the only two candidates not to release their taxes are Sanders and Trump.

I mean, I don't care about Bernie's taxes, because who cares? He's not the nominee. He's not going to be the nominee...

But I don't think her speech transcripts are the same as his taxes.

Suikoguy

I mean, I don't care about Bernie's taxes, because who cares? He's not the nominee. He's not going to be the nominee...

But I don't think her speech transcripts are the same as his taxes.

I think it's more of a line in the sand rather than a worry of what's in them.
People presumably listened to these speeches, yet what have we heard from people attending them that's so damning?

The one that was 'leaked' so to speak, was so inoffensive.

Mael

That interview was hilarious.
Journalist : "Should Trump release his return?"
Weaver : "Of course! He's a con artist, we should disqualify him for not releasing his returns!"
Journalist : "Ok, so about Sanders' returns?"
Weaver : ....

Suikoguy

The later quote in that article was actually better:

Reid said he doesn't plan to express his opinions to Sanders himself after next week's voting. "I don't think I'm the one to deliver that message. If he calls and asks me I'll be happy to, but I'm not going to go chasing him around to tell him what math is," Reid said.

If he "goes to the convention," I anticipate he will not get a speaking slot. I think Hillary and Bernie will work something out after DC.

Same. He knows that "taking it to the convention" will just go like Nevada, with a dose of embarrassment as the vote gets called. That completely ruins his platform and his message, and his ego isn't going to let that ever happen.

After DC, he'll bow out and release his delegates. It's a long month until the convention, and the headlines will be brutal. Also, why pay Weaver for that month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom