• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? The race is over by then.

I don't care. But when I see people saying it's going to be double digits or whatever... I know it's based on the polls, but where the polls have shown Clinton winning by a big margin and the demographics have suggested a tight race... the demographics have tended to be more predictive.

I think Clinton will win. But what I'm saying is, when polls close and they don't call it right away... don't blame me when you start diablosing, cause I've been saying California would be close. Obviously that's *my* take on it, based on the predictors that I *feel* to be more reliable at this stage.

Paskil

I would just like to confirm that Rustynails has the worst Final Fantasy opinions of all time. OF ALL TIME. FF7 was alright, but 8 and 10 being better than 9? Bitch, 9 is better than the sum of 8, both 10s, and all three 13s. You can math that shit, it adds up.

studyguy

Also Sanchez is at the top of the CA dem ballot and Harris is stuck somewhere in the middle, had to find her. How do they choose whose name ends up where on the ballot itself? Never really considered that.

Also FFXI is the GOAT FF. Literally saved the series and Square's ass when they decided to shoot themselves in the foot following Spirits Within. The unsung hero of the series.

Sounds like momentum hysteria.

I think we all just want the cult of Bernie to shut up, and if they win CA even by a tiny margin they won't.

Oh, and if they lose it by a small margin, they'll call fraud. Which actually they'll do anyway even if the margin is huge (like in NY) but whatever.

I think we all just want the cult of Bernie to shut up, and if they win CA even by a tiny margin they won't.

Oh, and if they lose it by a small margin, they'll call fraud. Which actually they'll do anyway even if the margin is huge (like in NY) but whatever.

You assume that they would shut up if he lost California. But you also assumed that every other time he lost. Maybe it's time to just ignore them.

Drakeon

Also Sanchez is at the top of the CA dem ballot and Harris is stuck somewhere in the middle, had to find her. How do they choose whose name ends up where on the ballot itself? Never really considered that.

Also FFXI is the GOAT FF. Literally saved the series and Square's ass when they decided to shoot themselves in the foot following Spirits Within. The unsung hero of the series.
I believe most ballots are randomized, so Sanchez being at the top doesn't really apply to all ballots. Chances are it's Harris vs Sanchez in November anyways.

Holmes

Yeah, ballots in CA are randomized. I actually found Harris easily near the top on my husband's ballot but had a hard time finding Sanchez.

Looks like we've got our message.

Cj5U_xUWEAQptdQ.jpg:large

studyguy

So what are we looking at...
Sanders taking SD, MT, ND
While Clinton eats him alive with the delegate counts of NJ, CA, NM?

Hell NJ alone has more delegates than SD,MT, and ND combined no?
NJ basically being the final (the hundredth final) nail in the coffin (that's mostly nails now)

So what are we looking at...
Sanders taking SD, MT, ND
While Clinton eats him alive with the delegate counts of NJ, CA, NM?

Hell NJ alone has more delegates than SD,MT, ND no?
NJ basically being the final (the hundredth final) nail in the coffin (that's mostly nails now)

You're dreaming if don't think some new goalpost will be thought up on the 8th.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"PLEASE NOTE: The order in which candidates' names appear on the ballot is determined by a random drawing of 26 letters of the alphabet. Additionally, candidates for federal, most state and some local offices change positions, or "rotate". This prevents a specific candidate's name from always appearing first, or last, on all ballots."

You assume that they would shut up if he lost California. But you also assumed that every other time he lost. Maybe it's time to just ignore them.

Again, I don't care if Cali is close or not. And no... I never assumed those supporters of his that had fully checked into the cult of personality would go anywhere. Quite the opposite.

studyguy

"PLEASE NOTE: The order in which candidates' names appear on the ballot is determined by a random drawing of 26 letters of the alphabet. Additionally, candidates for federal, most state and some local offices change positions, or "rotate". This prevents a specific candidate's name from always appearing first, or last, on all ballots."

Ah, I didn't catch that on the ballot (if it was on it)
No wonder I'm a low info voter.

If this is right, that's like 60% of the vote if history is any indication.

He's have to win the rest of the vote 63-25 if it's at 60%. Worse if higher. Wonder how reliable the youth vote is for same day...

Also shows Bernie winning latinos, which seems crazy to me (most polls show a large Clinton gap).

Clinton's also winning San Fran and Los Angeles but losing the inlands. But but but Bernie winning liberals!

ampere

Thanks!

Near the beginning of the speech, when someone in the audience yells something and Obama respond with "I can't do that." What did that person say? I can't make it out on my phone...:(

I couldn't hear what the audience member said either and haven't found a transcript

edit: I just got on r/politics to look and see if there was a thread about his speech and the page is 90% about Hillary's emails.... wat

Wallach

I couldn't hear what the audience member said either and haven't found a transcript

edit: I just got on r/politics to look and see if there was a thread about his speech and the page is 90% about Hillary's emails.... wat

Yeah that subreddit is a fucking mess thanks to a pretty coordinated effort to control what shows up there.

Someone built a scraper to show what exactly was getting mass upvoted/downvoted there, I think it speaks for itself: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...E52Bm1e4cJJO4xHz45LWmHpPTU/edit#gid=487714816

Having an r/politics page that is exclusively in favor of one ideology and one candidate is like r/gaming being entirely dedicated to Nintendo love and just Sony/MS bashing. The fact that is is allowed to stand this way just shows how fucked reddit is.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Federal judge calls Sanders backers’ arguments ‘hot air’—denies bid for emergency injunction

U.S. District Court Judge William Alsup described allegations by plaintiffs’ counsel as “hot air” shortly before ruling verbally from the bench, colorfully noting that “there’s not a single decision in the history of the universe” equating plaintiffs’ alleged facts with a violation of the U.S. Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause. Alsup added that plaintiffs’ made “absolutely no showing of a violation of federal law.”

The judge sounds annoyed he had to even listen to this.

A shame that collecting didn't start months ago so we could watch how polluted it got over time. Any date after Tuesday isn't going to mean much, plus you'd like to think that would be peak anti-Clinton as reality sets in afterwards.

That the mods there simply don't care is depressing. At the broader r/politics you'd think a few would be interesting in keeping the place clean.

The Revolution is going to need to purge the courts, too? That'll be a fun argument to have with people. Though I'm 100% in support of being able to register at any time. Not being able to register for a party, even (as parties can create their own rules), but just general voter registration.

itschris

Seriously:

"There is absolutely no showing of a federal violation. That more information might be available in one county over another does not rise to the level of equal protection," Alsup said. "Citizens of California are smart enough to know what their rights are. I'm giving my order now so you can get your writ to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and then the United States Supreme Court, then the International Court of the Hague. But you're done in federal court."

Wow.

It's actually kind of galling they tried to use the legal basis for things like desegregation to try and enjoin voting because they ticked the wrong box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom