• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the race in Cali is tightening because the Republican Primary is over and a bunch of "independent" Republicans are now going to vote for Bernie to hurt Hillary.

No one is talking about crossover, but what else explains the polls tightening. Bernie's coverage of late has been bad. I feel like that's gotta be it. Trump clinched and now Republican voters registered Indy are going to vote in the Democratic Primary.

Teggy

"Hillary Clinton's speech just proved Bernie Sanders is the best candidate to beat Donald Trump," by HAHA Good Man.

I don't suppose Fox covered the speech? They pretending it didn't happen?

Sibylus

Banned
Okay, PoliGAF

It's August. Clinton v. Trump. But, surprise! Trump is slaughtering Clinton in the polls. 30 point margins. And the culprit is obvious. "Crooked Hillary Clinton." It's everywhere. Google Auto-completes searches to say Crooked Hillary. The anchors on CNN call her that because they assume it's the only name people will know her by. MSNBC and John Oliver and Trevor Noah and Sam Bee are all on board. A few Democrats in interviews have been saying it when trying to support her. Congress even passed a bill saying that candidates must be known by their nicknames on ballots nationwide, so in November, people will even be voting for Crooked Hillary Clinton. The situation is grim.

But the Clinton campaign has a shot. They recruit you to come up with a nickname for Donald Trump. A one or two word branding like "Lyin' Ted" or "Little Marco" or "Low Energy Jeb" or "Crooked Hillary" or "Wacky Bernie" to destroy him. It's the only way to reverse the trend and save the country. What name do you use on Donald?
Turnip.

itschris

"Hillary Clinton's speech just proved Bernie Sanders is the best candidate to beat Donald Trump," by HAHA Good Man.

I don't suppose Fox covered the speech? They pretending it didn't happen?

Oh, they covered it, but they made it as much about Trump's twitter response to the speech as the speech itself:

Clinton launches foreign policy broadside against Trump

Hillary Clinton turned what was billed as a major foreign policy speech Thursday into a blistering broadside against Donald Trump – at one point calling him “temperamentally unfit” — while the presumptive Republican presidential nominee used Twitter to provide his own mocking counter-attack, saying, “She doesn’t even look presidential!”

Warning that electing the presumptive Republican presidential nominee would be a “historic mistake,” Clinton painted November’s election as a choice between fear and confidence.

Trump was unimpressed by the address, tweeting as Clinton was speaking that she looked unpresidential and was bad at reading from a teleprompter.

Ahead of the speech, he said that as secretary of state, Clinton "has made so many mistakes - and I mean real monsters!"

HylianTom

Banned

She might see a bit of an uptick off of this. This positive coverage.. it still feels so damn weird.

Sibylus

Banned
"The truth, Donald, is that you look like a Turnip"
xGfcVafS.jpg

Apparently time is cyclical: https://twitter.com/donaldturnip
hush.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think we have it.

Also Neo or whoever is making the Hillary Wins thread, I have your title: Living History

She might see a bit of an uptick off of this. This positive coverage.. it still feels so damn weird.
The media probably looks at it like this - Hillary might be aloof but Trump is the kid who pantses you at school and steals your lunch money. Between the bully and the kid who sits at the lunch table with the other weird kids, they'll take the weird kid.

Y2Kev

The media should WANT to shit on Donald because he shits on them constantly. Hope they realize the existential threat he is to free press.

Crayons

Banned
How big is my dick? A lot of people have been asking me this question. A lot of people come up to me, and they ask me. They say, 'How big is your dong'? And I tell them, look, we know I have a big dong. I love my cock. It's probably my favorite cock, no it is my favorite cock. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest, it has a lot of inches. Definitely more inches than Little Marco, or Lyin' Ted who adds an extra inch. Bigger than Ben Ghazi's too. You know? I don't know. I'll tell you, no one running for president has a bigger cock than I do. Guaranteed. Not even Hillary Clinton.

jiggle

How big is my dick? A lot of people have been asking me this question. A lot of people come up to me, and they ask me. They say, 'How big is your dong'? And I tell them, look, we know I have a big dong. I love my cock. It's probably my favorite cock, no it is my favorite cock. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest, it has a lot of inches. Definitely more inches than Little Marco, or Lyin' Ted who adds an extra inch. Bigger than Ben Ghazi's too. You know? I don't know. I'll tell you, no one running for president has a bigger cock than I do. Guaranteed. Not even Hillary Clinton.
Hillary got the biggest balls though

Okay, PoliGAF

It's August. Clinton v. Trump. But, surprise! Trump is slaughtering Clinton in the polls. 30 point margins. And the culprit is obvious. "Crooked Hillary Clinton." It's everywhere. Google Auto-completes searches to say Crooked Hillary. The anchors on CNN call her that because they assume it's the only name people will know her by. MSNBC and John Oliver and Trevor Noah and Sam Bee are all on board. A few Democrats in interviews have been saying it when trying to support her. Congress even passed a bill saying that candidates must be known by their nicknames on ballots nationwide, so in November, people will even be voting for Crooked Hillary Clinton. The situation is grim.

But the Clinton campaign has a shot. They recruit you to come up with a nickname for Donald Trump. A one or two word branding like "Lyin' Ted" or "Little Marco" or "Low Energy Jeb" or "Crooked Hillary" or "Wacky Bernie" to destroy him. It's the only way to reverse the trend and save the country. What name do you use on Donald?

Id go with Donald Dump or Trump the Chump

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The media should WANT to shit on Donald because he shits on them constantly. Hope they realize the existential threat he is to free press.

Absolutely this. Especially after yesterday when he was having a press conference and started calling out a bunch of people by name.

Paskil

WHAT THE FUCK? Yo, has anyone seen Trump in the last few hours? He might be dead after Hillary launched rockets from orbit down on his ass. Man, what a speech. CNN used evisceration and that's probably the best word I can think of at the moment. You know, I now think that Obama's speech yesterday was decent after previously thinking it was great.

Crayons

Banned
Absolutely this. Especially after yesterday when he was having a press conference and started calling out a bunch of people by name.

If it wasn't for the future of this country being at stake, I'd be laughing at the media's idiocy for allowing themselves to be written out of existence.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I haven't seen Hillary's speech yet (and can't for a little while longer). Is it really as good as the LIEbrul media would have me believe?

WHAT THE FUCK? Yo, has anyone seen Trump in the last few hours? He might be dead after Hillary launched rockets from orbit down on his ass. Man, what a speech. CNN used evisceration and that's probably the best word I can think of at the moment. You know, I now think that Obama's speech yesterday was decent after previously thinking it was great.

he's too busy yelling at reporters about how having a guy who has Mexican parents makes him unfit to deal with Trump University fraud suit because he's building a wall.

And no I'm not kidding that's literally the quote

LMAO at that Trump WSJ interview. I remain convinced that Hillary will goad trump into calling her a bitch or worse before this is all done.

He's a thin skinned baby hand little weasel and it's starting to come out in full bloom. Especially after that ridiculous press conference, the media's not gonna take his shit anymore

I haven't seen Hillary's speech yet (and can't for a little while longer). Is it really as good as the LIEbrul media would have me believe?
I think it definitely was. She was Presidential. She was funny. She tore him a new asshole, and not in a positive, life affirming way either. It was great. This was really her first big go at it too. According to people, she had a ton of say in the content and structure of the speech. It was a good Hillary being Hillary speech.

Hell, even Matthews wasn't bitching about her voice. They heaped praise on it. I am still in shock .

Paul Ryan is an OBVIOUS racist. Why should this dissuade him?

Hasn't Ryan basically walked back all his comments about "non-contributors" and the like, and done quite a lot of minority outreach since 2012, him having been one of the few GOPers to take the post-mortem seriously?

His non-endorsement endorsement of Trump is not surprising, given he needs Trump voters to keep his job and to re-triangulate the Republican party, but he's deluded if he thinks he can somehow get them on board for his "good" small government shit while somehow shutting out the reprehensible things they want.

Edit: The Hillary speech was alright. She's not much of a writer or orator, very stiff, but ripping Donald Trump is always satisfying.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think it definitely was. She was Presidential. She was funny. She tore him a new asshole, and not in a positive, life affirming way either. It was great. This was really her first big go at it too. According to people, she had a ton of say in the content and structure of the speech. It was a good Hillary being Hillary speech.

Hell, even Matthews wasn't bitching about her voice. They heaped praise on it. I am still in shock .

How... would that work?

Y2Kev

Hasn't Ryan basically walked back all his comments about "non-contributors" and the like, and done quite a lot of minority outreach since 2012, him having been one of the few GOPers to take the post-mortem seriously?

His non-endorsement endorsement of Trump is not surprising, given he needs Trump voters to keep his job and to re-triangulate the Republican party, but he's deluded if he thinks he can somehow get them on board for his "good" small government shit while somehow shutting out the reprehensible things they want.

Walked back? I don't know. He continually pushes absolutely racist bullshit in his imaginary budgets (though obviously his pontificating is slightly quieter as Speaker).

Edit: For example, I consider his "proposed reforms" of the SNAP program to be a really loud dogwhistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom