• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

When Trump loses in the fall, I don't know how he or his family ever recovers. His businesses have to be taking huge hits. I mean he just lost that golf tournament to Mexico LOL. He must have (or will) lose lots of money from this presidential run. How was this a good idea for him or his family? Just ego?

gcubed

When Trump loses in the fall, I don't know how he or his family ever recovers. His businesses have to be taking huge hits. I mean he just lost that golf tournament to Mexico LOL. He must have (or will) lose lots of money from this presidential run. How was this a good idea for him or his family? Just ego?

Considering the majority of what he claims is his net worth is his made up "brand" valuation there is nothing stopping him from claiming more bullshit numbers

Well he should hope the crazy white people who voted for him also end up buying his stuff.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

His hotel bookings are way down on hipmunk. So the younger gen, at the very least, is staying away.

Walked back? I don't know. He continually pushes absolutely racist bullshit in his imaginary budgets (though obviously his pontificating is slightly quieter as Speaker).

Edit: For example, I consider his "proposed reforms" of the SNAP program to be a really loud dogwhistle.

Eh, anti-welfare has obviously had some very racist historical dimensions in American politics, but given Ryan's overall philosophy, I suspect he really does just think that governmental assistance does more harm than good, and that it's unsustainable and will wreck the economy, regardless. That's what most white collar GOP types like my dad think, anyway - that welfare programs are bankrupting us (and they don't buy MMT), that government programs always cost more and are less effective than they're sold as being when they're passed, and that taxes and spending are shutting out private investments that would yield longer-term benefits and be more responsive to change.

AntoneM

I'm sure he'll find a way to spin off his campaign and have the spin off declare bankruptcy.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Well he should hope the crazy white people who voted for him also end up buying his stuff.

Thanks to his presidential run, I think the Donald has built himself up a permanently loyal sucker base to bilk money from until his final days.

Owzers

WHAT THE FUCK? Yo, has anyone seen Trump in the last few hours? He might be dead after Hillary launched rockets from orbit down on his ass. Man, what a speech. CNN used evisceration and that's probably the best word I can think of at the moment. You know, I now think that Obama's speech yesterday was decent after previously thinking it was great.

the only thing going through Trump's mind right now is " just wait until i call your husband a rapist in the first debate, then we'll see who's presidential."

leroidys

Thanks to his presidential run, I think the Donald has built himself up a permanently loyal sucker base to bilk money from until his final days.
Wait until he loses. I don't think there's a lot of love for Romney among the GOP base these days. Trumps post-run career is going to be in appealing to white nationalists.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wait until he loses. I don't think there's a lot of love for Romney among the GOP base these days. Trumps post-run career is going to be in appealing to white nationalists.

Yeah, but "the base" never accepted Romney as a true believer, though. The Donald, on the other hand, has proven himself to be "one of us".

Even if Trump is only 1% as rich as he says he is, he'll be fine, monetarily. His empire will contract, but there are plenty of people who won't really care that he spent a year and a half making a jackass out of himself if a Trump Hotel is $20 less per night than some other hotel.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Eh, anti-welfare has obviously had some very racist historical dimensions in American politics, but given Ryan's overall philosophy, I suspect he really does just think that governmental assistance does more harm than good, and that it's unsustainable and will wreck the economy, regardless. That's what most white collar GOP types like my dad think, anyway - that welfare programs are bankrupting us (and they don't buy MMT), that government programs always cost more and are less effective than they're sold as being when they're passed, and that taxes and spending are shutting out private investments that would yield longer-term benefits and be more responsive to change.

That's fine, but then when you decry "inner city" and "urban" culture and have to immediately recant, it's like, ok, the ducks are starting to line up. IMO.

IMMA NOT AFRAID OF HIM

User1608

Banned
Am I bad person for being excited for all the attack ads in the waiting ready to tear down Trump? I feel like he's had this a long time coming.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Even if Trump is only 1% as rich as he says he is, he'll be fine, monetarily. His empire will contract, but there are plenty of people who won't really care that he spent a year and a half making a jackass out of himself if a Trump Hotel is $20 less per night than some other hotel.

While that's true, his whole business model is a brand where people are willing to spend $20 more for a hotel.

Hexa

Cj_PadtWEAEB-q6.jpg

jiggle

If all else fails
He can always get a job at Intel

Suikoguy

Are there any elected Republicans that are going to draw a line and not accept Trump?

Paskil

Solicitor General Verrilli stepping down. Got to see him argue in Obergefell. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/politics/donald-verrilli-solicitor-general-resigns/

Donald B. Verrilli Jr., the attorney who has defended President Barack Obama's administration in some of the most consequential Supreme Court cases in decades, is stepping down from his post as solicitor general.

Obama announced Verrilli's resignation in a statement Thursday. He'll be replaced by his principal deputy, Ian Gershengorn, who will take over as acting solicitor general on June 25, Attorney General Loretta Lynch said.

"For five years, Solicitor General Don Verrilli has fought in our nation's highest court for a better future, winning landmark cases that moved America forward," Obama said in his statement.

He successfully defended the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, as well as arguing in favor of gay marriage. In 2013 he led the case against the Defense of Marriage Act, a federal law that defined marriage as between a man and a woman. In 2015, he successfully argued in Obergefell v. Hodges, a decision that cleared the way for gay marriage nationwide.

This term, he defended the President's controversial executive actions on immigration as well as arguing in support of an affirmative action plan at the University of Texas.

The soft-spoken Verrilli was highly respected by the justices who sometimes offered him an opportunity -- denied to other advocates -- to take a few moments at the end of his time at the podium to sum up his argument without interruption.

User1608

Banned
Thanks for the replies, everybody.
So lock-step behind the racist.

They're not even trying to denounce Trump anymore. That box is opeeeeeeeeeen and never closing, and there is no hope left in the bottom.
The party is full of cowards. So much for being tough.

So lock-step behind the racist.

They're not even trying to denounce Trump anymore. That box is opeeeeeeeeeen and never closing, and there is no hope left in the bottom.
So pessimistic. If Trump gets elected then everything they have been masturbating furiously over for 6 years will come true. If it all falls apart then the GOP will be merciless on Trump for the rest of time, but until then they at least have to try.

royalan

Oh my, my news feed today. It's so beautiful.

I don't think I've seen Hillary receive this much positive press in one day since the Benghazi hearing.

She will definitely get a poll bump from this.

Iolo

So pessimistic. If Trump gets elected then everything they have been masturbating furiously over for 6 years will come true. If it all falls apart then the GOP will be merciless on Trump for the rest of time, but until then they at least have to try.

Well, that and possibly piss away any hope of winning Hispanics for 50 years, but other than that, no big deal.

By the way, Trump has a rally in San Jose shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom