• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
latest

Question:

Spotify wants me to listen to a playlist that will help me get "turnt"

Do I want to get turnt?

YES

studyguy

You can get a 3x5 American Flag at Target for like 8 bucks. It's not going to hurt anyone anymore than ripping a picture of Obama would back in 2012. No one curr, the people who are swayed by a protest goes both ways.
I'd wager somewhere out there, someone has made a killing on cheap flammable flags.

royalan

Is this live?

MSNBC is showing a literal horde of Bernie supporters chasing a Trump supporter into a parking garage merely for a Trump jersey. This group is violently attacking any Trump supporter they come across.

Bernie, take responsibility for your fucking supporters. This shit looks terrible.

Crocodile

Is this live?

MSNBC is showing a literal horde of Bernie supporters chasing a Trump supporter into a parking garage merely for a Trump jersey. This group is violently attacking any Trump supporter they come across.

Bernie, take responsibility for your fucking supporters. This shit looks terrible.

I'm fine throwing shade at Sanders for the Nevada shitshow because A) his "the system is rigged" rhetoric encouraged B) those people were acting explicitly in his name as delegates or would-be delegates and C) his response was TERRIBLE but I'm not sure how this event tonight is on him. It's a terrible look either way though I understand their frustrations. Attacking people is always a no-no.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Good speech from Hillary. I could have done with a little less American exceptionalism, but I know the majority of Americans need to hear that constantly.

Having a billion stupid Donald Trump quotes at the ready will make this a fun few months for Hillary. Need to spice up or change a stump speech? Swap in a couple new quotes, boom.

royalan

I'm fine throwing shade at Sanders for the Nevada shitshow because A) his "the system is rigged" rhetoric encouraged B) those people were acting explicitly in his name as delegates or would-be delegates and C) his response was TERRIBLE but I'm not sure how this event tonight is on him. It's a terrible look either way though I understand their frustrations. Attacking people is always a no-no.

What happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas.

That's been his rhetoric all primary. He's been gassing them up with this revolution bullshit since day one. And what has his revolution come to? Dozens of his supporters surrounding and throwing blows at isolated Trump supporters.

Trump's not innocent either, but this shit is gross. On both sides. And it's spurred on by how these two candidates engage and spur on their supporters.

Teggy

Based on the Twitter comments Trump really freaked out during the rally tonight.

That protesting is gross, though. That doesn't help at all.

Don't have to worry about us Hillary supporters getting in fights. Not every venue has easy access for walkers and oxygen tanks. Sometimes, there are stairs, and...fuck, after three or four we're just winded as all hell. Plus, it costs extra for us to throw punches and Hillary's people haven't offered that much money yet.

HylianTom

Banned
Don't have to worry about us Hillary supporters getting in fights. Not every venue has easy access for walkers and oxygen tanks. Sometimes, there are stairs, and...fuck, after three or four we're just winded as all hell. Plus, it costs extra for us to throw punches and Hillary's people haven't offered that much money yet.

I can't fight. If I throw a punch too hard, my humeral head pops out of socket.

That, and I like to be in bed in time for Perry Mason, followed by The Twilight Zone, and then The Rockford Files. (I'm usually asleep before Kojak)

Is this live?

What happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas.

That's been his rhetoric all primary. He's been gassing them up with this revolution bullshit since day one. And what has his revolution come to? Dozens of his supporters surrounding and throwing blows at isolated Trump supporters.

Trump's not innocent either, but this shit is gross. On both sides. And it's spurred on by how these two candidates engage and spur on their supporters.

Let's not do that thing again where we talk about something on PoliGAF without checking the internet to make sure it's real.

I can't fight. If I throw a punch too hard, my humeral head pops out of socket.

That, and I like to be in bed in time for Perry Mason, followed by The Twilight Zone, and then The Rockford Files. (I'm usually asleep before Kojak)

Perry Mason ain't got shit on Matlock. I'm more of a Murder She Wrote guy, myself, though. I also can't do Twilight Zone after I've taken my pills. I like some St. Elsewhere myself.

I've never thrown a punch in my life. I bruise like a peach. I've had punches thrown at me....

Let's not do that thing again where we talk about something on PoliGAF without checking the internet to make sure it's real.

Yeah. I don't like blaming this all on sanders. Its not what he's preached at all. And its not like these aren't going to be hillary supporters in a few weeks.

Just condemn shitty behavior, no need for unsubstantiated shade

royalan

On what network?

MSNBC

The reporter on the ground has said several times that most people in the crowd who have been asked have said they are Sanders supporters. And you hear shouts of "Bernie! Bernie!" in the background.

What's unsubstantiated about this shade? What's so surprising about supporters of a candidate that's been shouting "Revolution! Corruption!" for the last 6 months are now engaging in violent protests? When did we suddenly forget what we all learned in fucking grade school: words mean things.

MSNBC

The reporter on the ground has said several times that most people in the crowd who have been asked have said they are Sanders supporters. And year hear shouts of "Bernie! Bernie!" in the background.

What's unsubstantiated about this shade? What's so surprising about supporters of a candidate that's been shouting "Revolution! Corruption!" for the last 6 months are now engaging in violent protests. When did we suddenly forget what we all learned in fucking grade school: Words mean things.

Not to mention his tacit approval of Nevada.

Yeah. I don't like blaming this all on sanders. Its not what he's preached at all. And its not like these aren't going to be hillary supporters in a few weeks.

Just condemn shitty behavior, no need for unsubstantiated shade
No, I just thought it wasn't happening at all. Because this happened back in March and I thought royalan was watching a old recording. Can't believe it's happening again. I almost went to that rally as a fake Trump supporter! I've got a wig and everything!
The Chair of Hillary's campaign has responded to the violence:

Video of the protesters here:

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/738567898965233664
Wow.

I feel like California is Bernie's Indiana.

Like Ted, if he loses it, I think he drops out.

It's why I hope Hillary is investing in winning the state. Sanders and his base doesn't care about the delegate count. But if she wins Cali I think he drops out before the convention

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I feel like California is Bernie's Indiana.

Like Ted, if he loses it, I think he drops out.

It's why I hope Hillary is investing in winning the state. Sanders and his base doesn't care about the delegate count. But if she wins Cali I think he drops out before the convention

But... there are no other states left, just DC.
In Ted's case he needed Indiana to have a chance at winning based on polling and demographics in the upcoming many contests.

johnsmith

remember me
I was just thinking "How does Trump get back control of the news cycle in a way that benefits him"

This is how. God damned idiots

Are we seriously pretending this is Sanders?

I mean...no, it's not like he's ordering this. But, at the same time, we can't pretend that the rhetoric he's surrounded his campaign with hasn't played a part in some of this behavior. His supporters are the ones calling Super Delegates with death threats. They're the ones who started going ape shit at the Nevada convention. His campaign is the one who barely acknowledges the heated behavior his supporters are engaging in. So, yes, he owns some of this.

But... there are no other states left, just DC.
In Ted's case he needed Indiana to have a chance at winning based on polling and demographics in the upcoming many contests.
Right, but sanders is different. If he "Wins" he's going to use it to fund raise and go to the convention to .. I dunno. Do something. While saying " we won California! We're ahead in the general polls! Give us the nomination!"

But a loss will be really demoralizing. To the point where I think he drops out. He won't have much to argue to continue pushing forward to people who don't understand the wins and losses don't matter as much as the margins

I mean...no, it's not like he's ordering this. But, at the same time, we can't pretend that the rhetoric he's surrounded his campaign with hasn't played a part in some of this behavior. His supporters are the ones calling Super Delegates with death threats. They're the ones who started going ape shit at the Nevada convention. His campaign is the one who barely acknowledges the heated behavior his supporters are engaging in. So, yes, he owns some of this.

Really? This is poor form for clinton supporters. Hell, most of the people I'm seeing in these videos are latinos. Are we gonna have it both ways were latinos support clinton but not the "violent ones"?

Lets just call out shitty behavior for what it is. Shitty behavior. No need to divine who they support like it matters.

Lets listen to cher
@cher 58s58 seconds ago
THUGS R COWARDS NO MATTER WHO THEY SUPPORT‼️PROTEST IS 2SHOW PPL YOUR POSITION/DREAMS‼️VIOLENCE NEGATES YOUR POSITION& SOILS YOUR DREAMS‼️

Maengun1

I'm actually sort of torn. Obviously I want Clinton to dominate California and end this once and for all in the most definitive sense possible......but another part of me wouldn't mind seeing Bernie eke out a 2% win or whatever, attempt to kick this 'takin' it to the convention!!' nonsense into high gear again, but this time Obama (and Biden, and Warren, and etc.) are able to just come out and lay the friggin' smackdown. If he actually thinks he can keep this charade going for another 6 weeks I'm done with him either way, so might as well get the fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom