• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeeeeep.

I am almost in that position...

That shit always gets me in the feels, though. The graduating thing? Right in the feels. Mainly because I never bothered to go to any of my graduations. If I get my Masters, maybe I'll go then. Meh.

Plus, I feel you all with the money/job thing. Took a leap this week that I'm not sure was smart...but fuck it. You live once and being miserable 99% of your life isn't a good thing.

But it makes sense. Want to kill Bernie without fighting him?

Do Warren. She is the female him. Independents trust her. She was the face of all this before Bernie showed up. I have a gut feeling that she will make the medicine so much easier to swallow for Sander diehards (yes even some of the hardcore supporters) to vote for Clinton.
"I don't trust Hillary, but I like Warren so I'll vote for her.. grump grump..".

If Sanders won't conceit, this is what I would do. Bernie Sanders has nothing but his position. If you add Warren as your VP, you're essentially removing the differences between the parties.

And while you might say the VP doesn't decide, well, isn't there times when the president takes another pass when his administration advice him to do something? If you are uncomfortable with Hillary, and have doubts about being able to trust her, I'd feel a lot better knowing she was there, because I'd follow Warren the nice lady with the soothing voice into war.

Thirdly, I'd respect Clinton for embracing girl power. I'd annoy me if a dude had to be VP to balance out the diversity quotas. Give it to Warren. Even if she hasn't served long enough in the Senate to be worth it.

And if she gets it, Sanders can go home knowing he pushed a near identical idealogical version of himself into heighest office. He can pat hmself on the back knowing he pushed the party left, and go back to yelling at clouds in Vermont.

How is that not the best win/win? I think it is! I don't care who wins california. It makes no difference how I feel or how righteous anyone is. I just don't want there to be physical escalation. A chair was almost thrown at the Nevada convention. If there is actual fighting at the convention or mass violence, then everything falls apart and that'd be a shame, but not unexpected. Just another day for a political activist group to be represented by the few bad apples that recede in the mists. :(
I think Warren will have a very positive effect for disaffected Bernie supporters.

A friend of mine talked about how it's nice that we'll have our first female president, but that he wishes it was Warren instead. I mentioned they were talking about Warren as VP and he lit right up, and said that would genuinely make him excited to vote. (He was already planning to vote for Clinton in the general but he wasn't very jazzed about it)

Now it's up to Clinton and her team to decide whether shoring up that wing of the party is more important than shoring up minorities with a pick like Booker or Perez, or reaching for the center with a safe pick like Kaine. But frankly I think she already has those demographics locked down by virtue of being the anti-Trump. Minorities particularly she already appeals broadly to. It's the Sanders supporters who need convincing right now.

I think Warren will have a very positive effect for disaffected Bernie supporters.

A friend of mine talked about how it's nice that we'll have our first female president, but that he wishes it was Warren instead. I mentioned they were talking about Warren as VP and he lit right up, and said that would genuinely make him excited to vote. (He was already planning to vote for Clinton in the general but he wasn't very jazzed about it)

Now it's up to Clinton and her team to decide whether shoring up that wing of the party is more important than shoring up minorities with a pick like Booker or Perez, or reaching for the center with a safe pick like Kaine. But frankly I think she already has those demographics locked down by virtue of being the anti-Trump. Minorities particularly she already appeals broadly to. It's the Sanders supporters who need convincing right now.

I agree that she has the minority vote on her side already, although she still has to earn it with good policies. I don't think a tact towards the middle with a Veep selection is a great idea. She's already seen as centrist by some in the party. I feel her pick should be about getting those people on her side. I can't imagine someone refusing to vote for Hillary because Warren is too liberal. If you'e going to have an issue with Warren, I feel as though you'd already have it with queen.

Hillary's only demographic weakness is straight, white men. (You guys are just...you're the worst. Honestly. Get on our level, k thnx). I don't know any Veep short of Ronnie Raygun PEW! PEW! woudl help her there.

Emarv

Alright, fellas. I got way too excited by all of these rumors and changed my avatar to support my bae.

Do I have to say "YAS QUEEN" now? Or "duchess"? I don't know where she places in the royal family now.

Speaking of jobs and moving, what's best?

- Short, walking commute

- Longer, car or train commute, but better apartment

I mean, if it were me? The short, walking commute. At least initially, It's cheaper, saves you time, and I'm not too concerned with where I live. (Provided it's not a shit hole.)

Alright, fellas. I got way too excited by all of these rumors and changed my avatar to support my bae.

Do I have to say "YAS QUEEN" now? Or "duchess"? I don't know where she places in the royal family now.

For the sake of unity, they can both be Queens. YASSSSS QUEENS WERK! FUCK! YASSSSSS!

Deval Patrick isn't a Republican.
Heard some scuttlebutt a while ago when Biden was considering a run that Obama would bless his run under the condition that Patrick was his VP because he wanted an African-American to remain a part of the President/Vice President duo. Wonder if that's true, or if he has any such sway over Clinton.

hawk2025

I mean, if it were me? The short, walking commute. At least initially, It's cheaper, saves you time, and I'm not too concerned with where I live. (Provided it's not a shit hole.)

For the sake of unity, they can both be Queens. YASSSSS QUEENS WERK! FUCK! YASSSSSS!

Short or Train.

Long Car bad.

You can renovate an apartment, you can't turn back time.

Ok, good :)

I went for the short walking-distance commute place. 6 to 8 minutes total each way!

Impossible to answer in the abstract. How much shorter/longer, how much better is the apartment, how long is your workday without the commute, etc.

See above for walking. Other place would be 30 minutes train + 10 minutes walking, or 25 or so minutes driving.

10 hour work days typically. Can go well over in certain occasions though.

Emarv

I'll take it!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2358-1393440347-27.gif

pigeon

Banned
My concerns about vice-presidents being mostly downside risk are still present, but, I mean, it sounds like Warren might happen.

Ultimately I think Trump can't win so, like, might as well shoot the moon I guess.

Emarv

Could Trump get Little Marco? He's my only thought Trump has at helping himself. Not that Trump has been smart lately.

Teggy

I have to say, listening to the radio and reading Twitter today, the press is done treating Trump as a ratings tool. Especially after Tuesday they are out for blood.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Honestly though, I think Trump will have a difficult time finding someone to be his VP, lol.
Especially if polling shifts a bit more towards Hillary in the upcoming weeks as I suspect it will.

It would be someone like Newt who could use it to sell more books, and really does not give a shit about future political prospects.

Crayons

Banned
After lots of thinking, I've determined that there's only one person capable of being my Vice President. It's me, Donald Trump.

It's been... twenty four hours after Clinton's extremely strong speech that was universally praised, how did Donald Trump respond?

A) Claim that a judges race was a disqualifier for proceeding over Trump U. case

B) Call out a single black man in one of his rallies using the phrase, "That's my African American!"

C) Tweet out random things during the Clinton speech that didn't address the issues raised in the speech

D) All of the above

It's been officially one month after Trump has been the presumptive nominee

We have 157 days till election day.

Pivot : Waiting for user input

hawk2025

The funniest part is that all of his nonsense seems to have buried what is likely to be the most damning moment of the whole Clinton email story.

AND the Ryan endorsement. The guy buried what should have been his best week so far.

HylianTom

Banned
The funniest part is that all of his nonsense seems to have buried what is likely to be the most damning moment of the whole Clinton email story.

AND the Ryan endorsement. The guy buried what should have been his best week so far.

It's also buried those lackluster jobs numbers. Thank Nayru.

Emarv

After lots of thinking, I've determined that there's only one person capable of being my Vice President. It's me, Donald Trump.

Agreed.

Christie probably wants AG. Even Trump thinks Carson is a moron. Kasich could be wooed with another cross-country food tour.

Newt would probably do it. Marco would do it, but his family would be pissed. Palin would do it for the books, and Trump would say "Look at her. Don't you just love looking at her?"

Probably a boring pick like Pence, Scott or Portman.

Pick Joe Arpaio, Trump. You know you want to!

Diablos

Hey y'all.

The Queen is fucking amazing.

I don't understand why people think she's shrill? She has a lovely speaking voice, and is an excellent orator.

She talked about gun issues today, and her voice was laden with emotion. It was incredibly moving and powerful.

This is the closest I got to her.

For a little context, she's the first Presidential candidate to visit Little Saigon. Michelle fucking Kwan was here today to support Clinton too.

She's the only candidate that notices the minorities that no one else even can name. As an Asian American I am incredibly grateful to her for this.
Awesome. Happy you got to experience that.

What new stuff came out about the emails? That state department report?

Emarv

Whining about the debate is just people mad that Hillary is getting huge press following her speech and Trump attacks. Bernie is finally now just a sidestory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom