• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. Eight years later and I can still taste the salt from Aku's post... As none of that came true, lol. Except the stupid laws, which were inacted by the GOP.
lol let's take a look

Well I guess you can after all.

As a Republican I expect things to get much worse under a Democratic regime. Increased government spending, increased taxes, a slew of stupid new laws and most disturbing a much weaker military presence globally.

You guys got what you wanted, here's hoping you prove me wrong. I expect accountability from you if I'm right, but if things do get better than I'll vote to re-elect the man in 4 years.
Increased government spending - nope

Increased taxes - Bush tax cuts were reversed for people making more than $400,000 but made permanent for everyone else, plus 'bamsy's probably passed more tax credits/cuts than increases so we'll call this a W for Barry O

Slew of stupid new laws - would probably still argue this, but by objective measures Obama's big reforms/initiatives (stimulus, PPACA, Dodd-Frank) have had mostly positive effects on the country and very few negative

Weaker military presence - same weaker military presence that took out OSAMA

Wonder if he voted to re-elect (doubt it)

NeoXChaos

lol let's take a look

Increased government spending - nope

Increased taxes - Bush tax cuts were reversed for people making more than $400,000 but made permanent for everyone else, plus 'bamsy's probably passed more tax credits/cuts than increases so we'll call this a W for Barry O

Slew of stupid new laws - would probably still argue this, but by objective measures Obama's big reforms/initiatives (stimulus, PPACA, Dodd-Frank) have had mostly positive effects on the country and very few negative

Weaker military presence - same weaker military presence that took out OSAMA

Wonder if he voted to re-elect (doubt it)

He probably hates Hillary with burning fire but Trump probably takes the cake. He's likely #NeverTrump #NeverHillary

Clearly this GIF shows Bernie supporters throwing chairs at the convention

PSBNOU.gif

LOL.

In the reality in which Hillary is awarded the nomination (CA, NJ, ..., you are our last hope), where Trump rallies the same level of support in the GE as in the primary, I pity Hillary's supporters on the ground, with a campaign that was founded on a pack of lies, going up against a highly unpredictable candidate, with supporters that really are potentially violent, and wholly unlike Bernie's loyal following, which despite one of the whoppers you've tried to sell the American people, has wide support in many demographics, including just as many women as men.

Just think how different things would be with Bernie as the nominee, as I have no doubt that Bernie supporters would quickly forgive and forget the lies you've tried to paint us with, and we would have little trouble uniting, to fight the common enemy, with the result being a resounding victory in the GE, with Democrats taking the Senate, plus gains in the House.

As for me, if the doomsday scenario arises, I think I'll keep my Bernie 2016 yard signs up, as they'll hopefully ward off both Trump and Hillary supporters ;).

P.S. As per my [post=205112812]post[/post] the other day, don't forget CA "No Party Preference" (NPP) voters, who want to vote in the Democratic primary, and still have a NPP ballot you received in the mail, which doesn't have the candidate names on it; you need to exchange this for a Democrat Crossover Ballot, at the polling station on Tuesday. Do not accept a provisional ballot, as your vote will not be counted.

THANKS OBAMA

20160603_161832tpx1m.jpg

No, really. Thank you for extended tax incentives that have made it possible for us to own two electric cars, a charging station and a roof full of solar panels that other wise we wouldn't have been able to afford.

Thank you Barry.

Wilsongt

Daniel B·;205637588 said:
LOL.

In the reality in which Hillary is awarded the nomination (CA, NJ, ..., you are our last hope), where Trump rallies the same level of support in the GE as in the primary, I pity Hillary's supporters on the ground, with a campaign that was founded on a pack of lies, going up against a highly unpredictable candidate, with supporters that really are potentially violent, and wholly unlike Bernie's loyal following, which despite one of the whoppers you've tried to sell the American people, has wide support in many demographics, including just as many women as men.

Just think how different things would be with Bernie as the nominee, as I have no doubt that Bernie supporters would quickly forgive and forget the lies you've tried to paint us with, and we would have little trouble uniting, to fight the common enemy, with the result being a resounding victory in the GE, with Democrats taking the Senate, plus gains in the House.

As for me, if the doomsday scenario arises, I think I'll keep my Bernie 2016 yard signs up, as they'll hopefully ward off both Trump and Hillary supporters ;).

P.S. As per my [post=205112812]post[/post] the other day, don't forget CA "No Party Preference" (NPP) voters, who want to vote in the Democratic primary, and still have a NPP ballot you received in the mail, which doesn't have the candidate names on it; you need to exchange this for a Democrat Crossover Ballot, at the polling station on Tuesday. Do not accept a provisional ballot, as your vote will not be counted.

The difference between Bernie being the nom and Hillary being the nom is that, in the event that Bernie somehow got it, I haven't not seen any significant cases of people saying they wouldn't vote for him.

Why? Because in a lot of cases, Hillary supporters aren't petulent children and they understand what is at stake should Trump win. While Bernie supporters continue to rattle on about nonexistent fraud and sitting at home because they are butt hurt their "revolution" went bust.

LOL.

prettierthanme.gif

Teggy

THANKS OBAMA

20160603_161832tpx1m.jpg

No, really. Thank you for extended tax incentives that have made it possible for us to own two electric cars, a charging station and a roof full of solar panels that other wise we wouldn't have been able to afford.

Thank you Barry.

Freaking hippies

That's some nice stuff

Paskil

THANKS OBAMA

20160603_161832tpx1m.jpg

Thank you Barry.

NICE TRY! You tried to hide where you live but I'm already creepin' in the trees off on the right. Soon.

LOL.

Er, the fact that we Clinton supports would unite behind Sanders IS NOT to the credit of the Sanders supporters. It's to our credit. You can't act as if us being willing to vote for Sanders in the general is something made possible thanks to how magnanimous Sanders voters are.

Do you think you could tell us not to vote Sanders if you didn't forgive us?

NICE TRY! You tried to hide where you live but I'm already creepin' in the trees off on the right. Soon.

Come on in. I've got cherry vanilla pepsi and AC.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
THANKS OBAMA

20160603_161832tpx1m.jpg

Thank you Barry.

That's on the agenda here in FL assuming we stay.
I think it's a net positive to buy them now.

That's on the agenda here in FL assuming we stay.
I think it's a net positive to buy them now.

If an EV fits into your life (adequate range and somewhere to charge) I can't recommend one enough. The $7500 tax credit is fantastic (so long as you pay at least that many taxes). Here in MA you also get a $2500 rebate check too. I'm not sure what incentives Florida may specifically have.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If an EV fits into your life (adequate range and somewhere to charge) I can't recommend enough. The $7500 tax credit is fantastic (so long as you pay at least that many taxes). Here in MA you also get a $2500 rebate check too. I'm not sure what incentives Florida may specifically have.

I'm just talking about the solar panels. They pay for themselves now over the course of the loan.

Sanders again talking about contested convention. He isn't conceding or withdrawing Tuesday.

We won't know this for sure until after Tuesday when the result sink in.

I mean, I think he'll probably keep trying to fight all the way to the convention as everyone but his craziest supporters just laugh at him, but I think it's still quite plausible he drops out on Wednesday.

Suikoguy

And when undecided SDs move against him and the big guns start to endorse, he will likely change his tune.

We keep saying that, be we are turning into that Area Man that thinks Trump's support will fade anytime now.

I'm just talking about the solar panels. They pay for themselves now over the course of the loan.

Thanks to the combined MA and federal tax breaks (and how expensive electricity is up here in MA), we were able to get them for zero down. We have to pay for the electricity they generate, but the per kWh price is 80% of what we pay the electricity company. Anything we over generate in the summer we build up credit for in the winter.

So once they're all approved and connected (another 4 to 6 weeks before we can expect that to happen) and they generate their first kWh of electricity, we're already ahead.

We'd save more if we could afford to buy them, absolutely... but we just bought the house and don't have the kind of cash on hand to for an appropriate down payment or whatever, and we're looking to reduce our monthly bills right now rather than increase them.

Plus we bought the house off my parents and they wouldn't agree to doing it last year because they hate how they look. So we covered our roof with them front and back (we get more sun on the back) to basically thumb our noses at them and say 'It's our roof now!'.

It's shallow but it still feels good.

Iolo

Plus we bought the house off my parents and they wouldn't agree to doing it last year because they hate how they look. So we covered our roof with them front and back (we get more sun on the back) to basically thumb our noses at them and say 'It's our roof now!'.

It's shallow but it still feels good.

Well they look great.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
We keep saying that, be we are turning into that Area Man that thinks Trump's support will fade anytime now.
Yeah but I kind of think it doesn't matter anymore. Bernie "contesting" the convention means he will not get a speaking slot. Honestly that might be better.

Hillary is winning even without consolidating his support. She will do that post convention regardless.

If Bernie wants to explode his legacy and immediate political future he can do that, but I'd put money on it not happening.

People need to remember Hillary did not suspend for four days after the primaries.

itschris

Sanders again talking about contested convention. He isn't conceding or withdrawing Tuesday.

Remember, Hillary didn't concede immediately when Obama clinched the nomination on June 3rd, 2008 (she even gave a speech where she said she hadn't made the decision on what to do next yet). It wasn't until June 7th that she conceded and endorsed Obama.

Even if Bernie doesn't drop out right away, there's definitely still a good chance he will do so some time before the convention - whether that's a few days after Tuesday, or maybe after the final vote (DC) a week later. I wouldn't put it past him to actually stick to his guns and refuse to give up until the convention, but hopefully he comes to his senses.

Hazmat

Sam Wang tweeted this a couple days ago. Clinton has a 70% chance at winning in November. Kind of thought it would be higher but still good odds nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/738354510419005441?s=09

I think he also says he'd give her a 99% chance if the election was held tomorrow. Basically, no matter how big of a lead someone has (unless it gets way outside of the margins we see in US presidential elections) a model like his won't declare them a lock five months out.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
USVI caucus is today. Just looked at the slate, Clinton is going to landslide. Only two delegates in the ballot of 20 or so are committed to Bernie. Don't imagine they are going to be the ones that win. Still debating whether I should bother driving over there to vote. Looks like it won't be necessary.

USVI caucus is today. Just looked at the slate, Clinton is going to landslide. Only two delegates in the ballot of 20 or so are committed to Bernie. Don't imagine they are going to be the ones that win. Still debating whether I should bother driving over there to vote. Looks like it won't be necessary.

GO.

Always vote. Always.

NeoXChaos

Do it. You can't vote in the general.

watershed

Banned
Actual quote from Trump:

I really believe I have the greatest temperament there is and the temperament that this country needs at this time. Now, I could just slough it off and say, ‘Oh, I have a wonderful temperament; I’m really a wonderful person,’” Trump said. “Look, let me tell you, I have a tough temperament, but we need a tough temperament. Now my temperament is totally controlled, so beautiful.

Y2Kev

ARGH I thought you were one hour ahead. This is the WORST DAY EVER. This, tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday during the day are fucking garbage. I can't wait for TUESDAY OMG.

Iolo

I honestly think Bernie's campaign is running on fumes and, barring a surprise win in CA and subsequent hot cash injection, he won't have the funds to continue. His media coverage would drop precipitously and unless he retains the funds to fly about and hold megarallies, his visibility will plummet. Furthermore, my feeling is his favorability would decline significantly, since it is based on a very high %age of Hillary supporters having a favorable view of him, who would likely not continue to do so in that case.

Also as mentioned above, the DNC does not have to give him a speaking slot if his intent is to argue the nomination should be simply handed to him. The goal of the speaking slot would be for him to help unify the party, which he would not be doing by going all Quixote on their ass.

Suikoguy

I'm having difficulty telling the difference between NeoXChaos and Y2Kev at a glance :(

Y2Kev

I don't think people would suddenly donate after California. I mean, why wouldn't you be donating before California? If you don't donate now because you believe it is hopeless, why would you donate when it is actually hopeless?

I guess we'll see. She really needs to lock it down. I am glad she is out there.

I'm having difficulty telling the difference between NeoXChaos and Y2Kev at a glance :(

I am a fabulous wealthy banker and NeoXChaos generally spells Cesare Borgia wrong. It is easy to tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom