• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

It's weird, but I'm kinda worried that Trump's self-immolation is starting so early that by September, it will seem sort of blasé.

At what point does the next oppo dump on Trump or shitty comment that Trump makes just spark boredom?

I'm telling you, he'll call Hillary a bitch and defend Hitler before the end of this.

Diablos

It's weird, but I'm kinda worried that Trump's self-immolation is starting so early that by September, it will seem sort of blasé.

At what point does the next oppo dump on Trump or shitty comment that Trump makes just spark boredom?
True. His campaign could flame out and the RNC could step in and revamp it. It's still quite early. I have a feeling that his campaign will become so dire that they won't have a choice.

This bothers me because it potentially gives Sanders supporters more ammo. If Clinton doesn't beat him tomorrow and let's say it's 51-49 Sanders and then she beats him Wednesday morning with absentee ballots, imagine even more FRAUD claims. Ugh
Literally no shits will be given by the party, the press, or the country

User1608

Banned
This is so great

All of those guys who were starting to back Trump because "he's the nominee" and "we need to win" and "somehow what he's doing is working"

Are starting to realize

How completely screwed they are

Yippe ki yay motherfuckers
They've been played by a con man. How fitting.

fangirl-becky.gif

I'm so ready for this.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

What's nice is that since it is happening at the same time that the GOP embraces him, so it's not too late for them to turn around and leave him isolated and basically have thz GOP give up on the election.

They had a chance during the Bush years. Pissed it away as soon as their main goal in Congress became obstruction.

Yup. Bush got about 40% of the Latino vote in 2004. He and his team understood that the Republican Party could no longer win with just white votes. But the party seems determined to burn down that bridge, because it's a strategy that worked so well for them in California.

I'm a little late replying to this, but I found a post by grandjedi6 in the PoliGAF thread that was during the actual Presidential election in November 2008 that gives links to the all the 2008 PoliGAF threads before it (including all the primaries, VP selections, conventions, and then debates):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13471661&postcount=17

Here's the next thread, the first post-election one:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341162

And then the inauguration thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349342

And I'm super late replying to this, but thanks for tracking this all down. It's nice to have all of it compiled together.

The weighted clothes are finally come off of Obama, and he can rise up to his full power.

Man, I am hyped to see Obama absolutely obliterate Trump. It almost feels unfair to Trump that Clinton get Obama's beast mode on her side. Almost.

ampere

Yup. Bush got about 40% of the Latino vote in 2004. He and his team understood that the Republican Party could no longer win with just white votes. But the party seems determined to burn down that bridge, because it's a strategy that worked so well for them in California.

The truly truly insane part is this bit below, which someone else linked in PoliGAF earlier in the week

Trump KNEW this was a problem, and he still did the stuff he did. It's really... weird. I don't believe he's a secret Democrat plant designed to destroy the GoP, but when someone says that jokingly... my mind always wonders a bit lol

gcubed

in the current environment of social outrage, it will never get old

ampere

Damn, Clinton's messaging/digital team is on-point..

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/739790041497501696

(It's a video of Republicans condemning and/or tap dancing around Trump's judge comments.)

Her team is so goddamn good. Why won't she hire me

My favorite is still the long article of fact checking Trump's quotes that he said weren't true. It was just brutal.

Today Buzzfeed announced they won't accept ads for Trump this election season because he is too crazy and evil to be president. (Some paraphrasing.)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kyleblaine...rty-over-trump?utm_term=.twAjdpkBz#.lgVBQoOZn

It's not a big move (it was only $1.3 million), but nice to see the corporate oligarchy in favor of human rights once again.

That's actually really cool, and smart on their part. Not only does Trump's campaign not give Buzzfeed press credentials, he's said nonsense about expanding libel laws and weakening the press. The press SHOULD be doing what Buzzfeed is doing here.

Crocodile

Odds Trump self-destructs so bad that the RNC tries to parachute in a new candidate for the nomination at the convention and pry it away from Trump?

studyguy

Buzzfeed can't cover Trump anyway.
They're literally blacklisted according to Keeping It 1600.
Cannot attend or cover any Trump stuff officially in person.

Well, I spent part of my morning arguing about the use of the word "presumptive."

For anyone in the same boat (and I bet there are some!), the media started calling Obama the presumptive nominee before Hillary conceded 2 days later.

Odds Trump self-destructs so bad that the RNC tries to parachute in a new candidate for the nomination at the convention and pry it away from Trump?

I'm starting to think Trump doesn't want to run and he's firebombing his campaign so that the GOP picks another candidate at the convention.

But that won't happen.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Imagine this: the GOP disavows Trump, kicks him out, and present no candidate, thinking it might at least undermine Clinton's victory. Lol

I'm starting to think Trump doesn't want to run and he's firebombing his campaign so that the GOP picks another candidate at the convention.

But that won't happen.

Possible, he may have just wanted to go third party all along by taking a bite out of the GOP instead of starting from scratch.

But when he got the nom he probably thought he could win it.

I am curious to see what happens to Trump after a humiliating defeat. What will he turn into? What color will he be?

What if Sanders' plan is to hope that, by staying in the process until the convention on an excuse of "the supers haven't voted yet!" he will make the Democrats so mad at the stupidity of the process that they get rid of Superdelegates so that it can never be dragged out to the convention ever again?

Or they do the clever thing and keep superdelegates, but have a Super Primary where they vote some time before the convention.

HylianTom

Banned
It's nice seeing Hillary and her team finally find some form of comfort after nearly a year of awkward/uncomfortable tap dancing around Sanders.
It's like she was born to run against this guy. He's perfect for her. And she doesn't have to worry about hurting Trump's supporters' feelings. Fate!

So what does everyone expect tomorrow to play out? Does this seem like a good prediction?

New Jersey - Queen Hillary
New Mexico- Queen Hillary
California - Queen Hillary
Montana - Birdie
North Dakota - Birdie
South Dakota - Birdie

I honestly don't think I've see many polls for the last three states, so I'm only guessing they'll go to Sanders.

pigeon

Banned
It's like she was born to run against this guy. He's perfect for her. And she doesn't have to worry about hurting Trump's supporters' feelings. Fate!

This actually makes me wonder whether, in the postmortem, we will find that Hillary being the presumptive nominee all the way since early 2015 is part of why the GOP went totally clownshoes in the primary.

That Clinton hysteria once again.

Emarv

This actually makes me wonder whether, in the postmortem, we will find that Hillary being the presumptive nominee all the way since early 2015 is part of why the GOP went totally clownshoes in the primary.

I think this is exactly right. The possibility of Clinton drove them to this (in addition to Obama anger). The irony being they probably had a shot of winning if they didn't go batshit and blinded with Clinton rage.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's probably it. The GOP can't help themselves when it comes to the Clintons, they've got that Clinton Derangement Syndrome (CDS) really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom