• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdug2k

not even their voters, its just the GOP in general for having "someone different" vs 17 "someone the sames"

if they didn't have the clown show for the first few months, he never would have won
I really wonder how the GOP nomination would have turned out if they'd just run <Bush-Clone-X> vs Trump instead of the clown car this year (or even just 2 Bush clones). Its interesting that having such a "deep field" was so disastrous for the party.

They've had clown cars before though and still come out fine. I have a feeling Trump would have done well regardless. Their courted the "angry voter" constituents, so its not really surprising that they wound up with a bunch of people who are perpetually angry voters.

This seems like such a bad idea. Why hold a press conference the day before the vote, when it's obvious no matter what happens she'll cross the number *and* it sounds like his internals aren't showing a victory for him. And he just announced FOUR (yes a whole 4) uncommitted super delegates that might declare for him ;

Zornack

This seems like such a bad idea. Why hold a press conference the day before the vote, when it's obvious no matter what happens she'll cross the number *and* it sounds like his internals aren't showing a victory for him. And he just announced FOUR (yes a whole 4) uncommitted super delegates that might declare for him ;

I think he really, really wants to win California, so he wants to be in the news today.

He dodged every question pertaining to events past California. He's dropping out tomorrow for sure.

HylianTom

Banned
Now MSNBC is playing their quickie Hillary interview. She sounds a lot more rested, and she's dodging the "how will you handle Bernie?" questions. Bernie did look tired, but I understand why he called the presser; free media when his budget is dire was probably a driver in his decision to do it..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So this puts him out of the VP running, right? Others could still come around but Rubio can't be dumb enough to want to be anywhere near this man.

He was never in the running.

MSNBC has Hillary on in a silent corner window. This is fascinating. Is she doing this on purpose?
Represents silent majority

Anyway, I've been keeping track of every time I've been wrong in this thread for 6 months now. Props to pigeon for usually being the one to point it out. I'm ready to post it, but only after the Sanders release their returns.

Zornack

Virginia McLaurin was born into a country with widespread segregation and where women did not have the right to vote, and will hopefully live to see both the first African American and female President.

It's got to feel good to outlive bigots and see their power crumble.

gcubed

and then 22 come out for Clinton, leaving her one delegate away, just for shits and giggles.

Wallach

I can't wait for tomorrow. I've literally got beer and snacks and shit, and it's all just for basking in the collective salt of the internet tomorrow. My appetite for schadenfreude can not be sated.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow that's a big number for him. That's 10% of total superdelegates. Kind of surprised people would come out for a loser that late.

Wilsongt

So super delegates are allowed to declare for Bernie, but if they declare for Hillary....undemocratic?

my head hurts

Because Bernie needs a month to get the supers to switch over to him. He probably has insider information about Hillary's indictment and is making sure the Supers know this. They'll all defect and support him the night during the convention, right after the FBI comes out and handcuffs her on stage.

itschris

CNN: GOP to Trump: Stop alienating Latinos

Top Republican officials and donors are increasingly worried about the threat Donald Trump's attack on a judge's Mexican heritage could pose to their party's chances in November -- and about the GOP's ability to win Latino votes for many elections to come.
Trump is under fire for repeatedly accusing U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is overseeing a lawsuit involving Trump University, of bias because of his Mexican heritage. Those concerns intensified Sunday after Trump said he would have the same concerns about the impartiality of a Muslim judge.
House and Senate GOP leaders have condemned Trump's remarks about Curiel, while donors have openly worried that losing Latino voters could doom them in key down-ballot races. Other important party figures, including former Speaker Newt Gingrich, are urging Trump to change his combative, confrontational style before it's too late.

Veteran Republican strategist Rick Wilson warned this weekend that GOP leaders who have endorsed Trump "own his politics."
"You own his politics," Wilson wrote in a column for Heatstreet, adding later, "You own the racial animus that started out as a bug, became a feature and is now the defining characteristic of his campaign. You own every crazy, vile chunk of word vomit that spews from his mouth."
The GOP's deepest fear: A Barry Goldwater effect that could last far longer than Trump's political aspirations.
Goldwater, the Arizona senator who was the 1964 GOP nominee and a leader of the conservative movement, alienated a generation of African-American voters by opposing the Civil Rights Act -- opening the door for Democrats to lock in their support for decades. Republicans fret that Trump could similarly leave a stain with Latino voters.

and then 22 come out for Clinton, leaving her one delegate away, just for shits and giggles.

I really hope she rolls out a shitton of endorsements *after* NJ closes down to send a loud and clear message that the party will not consider switching its votes for Sanders.

I really hope she rolls out a shitton of endorsements *after* NJ closes down to send a loud and clear message that the party will not consider switching its votes for Sanders.

She almost certainly has enough supers just waiting to make their official endorsement. This entire thing seems planned to perfectly go off tomorrow night.

Armaros

There are reports of just that, she has supers that privately endorsed her but will hold off until after NJ to publicly endorse.

Iolo

Because Bernie needs a month to get the supers to switch over to him. He probably has insider information about Hillary's indictment and is making sure the Supers know this. They'll all defect and support him the night during the convention, right after the FBI comes out and handcuffs her on stage.

I read that, at the beginning of the primary season in their private meeting, Obama tipped Bernie off about Hillary's coming indictment, and that's why he's staying in.

seriously, I read this on s4p

it's possible poe's law applies

itschris

YouGov: Sanders supporters expect victory in California, but not in Philadelphia

pcIDvJF.png

Ij3iNcK.png

Quite the gender gap!

Ah, tomorrow is hopefully the nearly official end of the primary.

Bernie is pretty screwed. Hillary is going to win NJ comfortably and be declared the presumptive nominee. She will then give a huge speech.

Meanwhile, in Cali, Bernie is boned. Thanks to the early voting being huge for Hillary, there's virtually no way for the state to be called for Bernie tomorrow night. Too much of the election day and late ballots will be counted tomorrow and beyond and thus as Hillary is either giving her speech or it has already concluded, you will see Hillary leading in California, maybe by double digits for most of the night.

If it's called for Hillary, that means Bernie's loss was obvious enough. And with Cali being called early, he can't really gain any positive media attraction going forward.

Best case scenario for Hillary is Cali is called late in the evening, but just being ahead is all that matters.

Seems obvious Obama is going to endorse Hillary late this week. The pressure on Bernie to give up will be immense. Should he lose Cali, NJ, et al and be behind so many delegates, pledged delegates, and raw vote totals, he should be excommunicated.

You're surprised most of Sander's supporters are men after months and months of reading the shit they have been posting about supers and Hillary being a bitch and a whore?

This is Glenn Greenwald and literally the most disgusting thing that's happened this election is the shameful erasure of POC, female, and LGBT supporters of Sanders
even though it'd be fair to call the GOP a white party even with the existence of Mia Love and Tim Scott.

Maxim726X

Bernie is pretty screwed. Hillary is going to win NJ comfortably and be declared the presumptive nominee. She will then give a huge speech.

Meanwhile, in Cali, Bernie is boned. Thanks to the early voting being huge for Hillary, there's virtually no way for the state to be called for Bernie tomorrow night. Too much of the election day and late ballots will be counted tomorrow and beyond and thus as Hillary is either giving her speech or it has already concluded, you will see Hillary leading in California, maybe by double digits for most of the night.

If it's called for Hillary, that means Bernie's loss was obvious enough. And with Cali being called early, he can't really gain any positive media attraction going forward.

Best case scenario for Hillary is Cali is called late in the evening, but just being ahead is all that matters.

Seems obvious Obama is going to endorse Hillary late this week. The pressure on Bernie to give up will be immense. Should he lose Cali, NJ, et al and be behind so many delegates, pledged delegates, and raw vote totals, he should be excommunicated.

I don't think he's even going to wait that long.

I bet it will be Tuesday or Wednesday... Time to rally around the nominee, and time to shut Sanders up. A swift endorsement, coming on the coattails of a resounding victory, should be the final dagger to his campaign.

Wilsongt

fraud fraud fraud!!

Seriously. Bernie Sanders is the boy who cried fraud.

Sanders supporters are really fucking naive. Half believe they're going to win New Jersey?

What's interesting is over half accept Hillary will be the nominee. Maybe this is a good thing.

When Bernie loses NJ badly and hopefully Cali, these people who thought they were gonna win might accept defeat, finally. A bunch already accept Hillary as the nominee but think they'll win these two states so they have some delusions and a jolt of reality might bring them home. One could hope.

I don't think he's even going to wait that long.

I bet it will be Tuesday or Wednesday... Time to rally around the nominee, and time to shut Sanders up. A swift endorsement, coming on the coattails of a resounding victory, should be the final dagger to his campaign.

Eh, it was a bit of a typo. I meant "later this week," which basically means "this week," Not "late this week." My bad.

Yeah, I think Wednesday is likely. And then he goes on The Tonight Show to give a somewhat candid explanation why and also to attack Trump.

The moment Obama officially endorses, Bernie's is completely done in this Primary. If he's smart, he'll get out prior to that, save dignity, have an effect on the platform.

Zornack

Sanders supporters are really fucking naive. Half believe they're going to win New Jersey?

What's interesting is over half accept Hillary will be the nominee. Maybe this is a good thing.

When Bernie loses NJ badly and hopefully Cali, these people who thought they were gonna win might accept defeat, finally. A bunch already accept Hillary as the nominee but think they'll win these two states so they have some delusions and a jolt of reality might bring them home. One could hope.

If we apply the "Sanders wins all fraduless non-closed, non-southern primaries" rule then we can see that Bernie will score an easy victory in New Jersey.

Wilsongt

I am just ready for Bernie to go back to Vermont and for his most ignorant supporters to shut the fuck up about him. Were Hillary supporters this salty in 2008, outside of Hillaryis44?

Maxim726X

Eh, it was a bit of a typo. I meant "later this week," which basically means "this week," Not "late this week." My bad.

Yeah, I think Wednesday is likely. And then he goes on The Tonight Show to give a somewhat candid explanation why and also to attack Trump.

The moment Obama officially endorses, Bernie's is completely done in this Primary. If he's smart, he'll get out prior to that, save dignity, have an effect on the platform.

Yeah, I agree completely.

Now is when we really get to find out of he's actually in it for real change or he was in it for himself. I'm sure he'll be told, not very politely, that it he doesn't drop out he's going to have a hard time finding friends when he gets back to the senate.

Should be an interesting week.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I've been called three times by Bernie phone bankers! They really are dedicated.

Paskil

YAAAAAS SAAAAASE

People need to chill about tomorrow. I posted the poll earlier in the thread that shows Shillary is not winning Joisey. Y'all need to pay better attention.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/06/poll_are_you_backing_hillary_clinton_or_bernie_san.html

In the time since I posted it, it has more than doubled in participants and she only closed the gap by 1%. The fact that she only closed the gap by 1% is extremely telling as well, since it's known that Hillary is part of the establishment and 1%. Follow the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom