• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zornack

The Republican front runners were two Cuban Americans and a man who spoke Spanish and who is married to a Hispanic immigrant.

They tried. Their base wanted none of it.

Trump (and surrogates) to DOUBLE DOWN on attacks on the judge?

Trump Orders Surrogates to Intensify Criticism of Judge and Journalists

"The people asking the questions—those are the racists," Trump said. "I would go at 'em."
Suggesting a broader campaign against the media, Trump said the campaign should also actively criticize television reporters. "I'd let them have it," he said, referring to those who Trump portrayed as hypocrites.

Ah, I see. Bold strategy.

HylianTom

Banned
I really enjoy the fact that if you go back through this thread, page by page, there are numerous mentions or use of the word fraud on each page. I also now associate that word with the Peewee's Playhouse Word of the Day scream. Thanks, PoliGAF.

WO3NM9.gif
I'm wondering if the GOP will help us continue the theme into the Fall; I hope so!

Paskil

Wow at that Bloomberg piece. I mean, the way he threw his staff under the bus was amazing. Also, all those high profile people seeing him act like a petulant child, well, I guess anyone can see that by turning on the television. Seriously though, what an absolute dumpster tire fire.

saltypickles

Neo Member
I am so, so excited to troll the hell out of my 'moderate' Republican family all the way until November. They have no answer to Trump's blatant racism.

teiresias

"We will overcome," Trump said, according to two supporters who were on the call and requested anonymity to share their notes with Bloomberg Politics. "And I’ve always won and I’m going to continue to win. And that’s the way it is."

Oh god, election night is going to be glorious, I can't wait to see what blustering nonsense (or half-dangerous calls to action) he throws out as a "concession" speech. I'm half entertaining the idea that the party won't even let him make a speech knowing he'll go ballistic and torpedo the party's reputation from space with whatever he says.

shem935

Banned
Didn't Sanders say something like this after the New York primary? And then he continued to double down on the 'Bernie or Bust' rhetoric? I don't trust him at all.

Yup he did. Pretty much word for word too. I expect if he is going to drop out it will be within the week. If not then he is in all the way. He's gonna get blown up in DC. He has to know there isn't any hope of more wins past Tuesday.

Crayons

Banned
Oh god, election night is going to be glorious, I can't wait to see what blustering nonsense (or half-dangerous calls to action) he throws out as a "concession" speech. I'm half entertaining the idea that the party won't even let him make a speech knowing he'll go ballistic and torpedo the party's reputation from space with whatever he says.

He'll throw the word "rigged" and "fraud" around so much that Bernie or Busters will look like amateurs

mo60

I wonder what his reaction will be when he struggles to break 45% of the vote on election night.

Brinbe

"That's one of the reasons I want to have this call, because you guys are getting sometimes stupid information from people that aren't so smart."
HAHAHAHA

"The people asking the questions—those are the racists," Trump said. "I would go at 'em."
Suggesting a broader campaign against the media, Trump said the campaign should also actively criticize television reporters. "I'd let them have it," he said, referring to those who Trump portrayed as hypocrites.

The best part is this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the campaign or the Presidency. He wants his own personal army to do his biding for his own personal problems. What an idiot.

Fucking hilarious that this guy ever made it this far. But I suppose that's a total indictment on the other detestable morons who ran in that primary.

so I have had a "coronation day" GIF waiting and ready for the last 3 months for tomorrow and by God I'm gonna fuckin' post it the minute I wake up

OH HO HO! I forgot about our conversation when you thought the Cavs actually had a chance!

In fairness I didn't want to believe
that the Bay Area actually sold their souls

Trump is going to let someone with a camera everywhere during the GE, right?

Like the Netflix Documentary, Trump.

There has to be a Trump documentary happening. I want to watch so much behind the scenes stuff, especially election night.

The Mitt stuff was great but Trump has the chance for laughs to fill my entire life...

I'm actually scared now he might go too far that the GOP says fuck it and nominates someone else. I would love to see a poll of GOP voters on whether they think his racism here is ok

Paskil

Trump always wins, except when he doesn't.

Scott Adams occasionally jokes that Bill Clinton is trying to sabotage Hillary so he doesn't get outshone by her - after 2008 and so far in 2016, I wonder if he knows something others don't. Bill is a terrible surrogate.

I remember satire at the time painting Bill as a dumb hick and Hillary as the real brains. Hell, I think they even did a joke like that on Pinky and the Brain.

mo60

I'm actually scared now he might go too far that the GOP says fuck it and nominates someone else. I would love to see a poll of GOP voters on whether they think his racism here is ok

Unless the GOP wants to piss off his supporters they won't do that. They will let this election cycle play out, but they may focus more on downticket races if they start to see him losing the White House for the republicans by a significant amount.

shem935

Banned

Nah too late. They have already pledged to support. Even Ryan did halfheartedly. Hilarious that Trump pulled this stunt the next week after they did.

thefro

I can't remember more self-inflected wounds for a candidate in a week that should have been really good for them.

If Trump could have kept his mouth shut and had a competent campaign, the last week would have been about e-mails, Dems in Disarray, the bad jobs numbers, etc.

Instead he went on a racist tirade about a federal judge and bullied reporters left and right at a press conference.

It would require unprecedented fuckery to nominate not-Trump at this point. Like shit that the first Richard Daley wouldn't even think about doing. There is a 1% chance that Trump goes so far even he realizes he's fucked and drops out.

I'm still not 100% sure the Trump campaign isn't performance art at this point.

NBC News confirmed Obama spoke to Sanders this weekend. God bless you Obama.

I am not sure I'll ever fully forgive him for what he said about Obama in 2008 to Reid, or for trying to convince Hillary to go full scorched earth on Obama after Obama had the nomination locked up. (Basically, go for the "super delegates or bust" strategy and go full scorched earth on Obama).

It's why the Bernie thing is so "meh" to me - folks don't realize how close in 2008 HRC was to going full blown burn Obama to the ground after she lost the nomination. If you had 2016 type social media and reporting - you could swap Bernie's name now with Hillary's name in 2008.

Agreed, it really puts the Sanders stuff in context. I think Sanders is a joke and has needled the line, but until he refuses to concede I can't say he's worse. You're right, Bill wanted to steal the nomination and spent a lot of time calling super delegates in late May and even early June. Not to mention the racial comments he made to Edward Kennedy about Obama. I have no respect for him.

Trump is right on one thing: if he can weather the storm and change the media cycle (hopefully not), then this could be a plus (if you're able to ignore the racism) in that he stood up to the media.

But again, this does not expand his voter base.

studyguy

Conference call full of sniveling cowards if no one really made any objections to the media after that. Fuck the GOP. Straight up fuck them and their lot.

pigeon

Banned
It's hard to remember that this is literally the VERY FIRST ISSUE OF THE GENERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN.

It's like betting on a horse that breaks its leg in the stall.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump is right on one thing: if he can weather the storm and change the media cycle (hopefully not), then this could be a plus (if you're able to ignore the racism) in that he stood up to the media.

But again, this does not expand his voter base.

Even Newt jumped ship! It's not a storm. He's set himself on fire and refuses to put it out.

It's hard to remember that this is literally the VERY FIRST ISSUE OF THE GENERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN.

It's like betting on a horse that breaks its leg in the stall.

Exactly. Only that horse is also on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom