• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

I've been called three times by Bernie phone bankers! They really are dedicated.

This was a different age, but in the lead-up to Wisconsin, I think I got at least 20 text messages from various numbers. I responded to most by telling them I was a Trump supporter.

Edit: whoops, double

Wallach

hahahah

Jonathan Chait said:
The nomination is won by adding up pledged delegates and superdelegates. Clinton has a large lead in pledged delegates, and an even larger lead in superdelegates. You could rely entirely on one or the other, or change the weights between them in any fashion, and Clinton would still win. Sanders simply refuses to accept the combination of the two, instead changing subjects from one to the other. Ask him about the pledged delegates, and he brings up the superdelegates. Ask about the superdelegates, and he changes to the pledged delegates. It’s an infinite loop of bullshit.

Yes, yes it is.

Iolo

YAAAAAS SAAAAASE

People need to chill about tomorrow. I posted the poll earlier in the thread that shows Shillary is not winning Joisey. Y'all need to pay better attention.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/06/poll_are_you_backing_hillary_clinton_or_bernie_san.html

In the time since I posted it, it has more than doubled in participants and she only closed the gap by 1%. The fact that she only closed the gap by 1% is extremely telling as well, since it's known that Hillary is part of the establishment and 1%. Follow the money.

Just voted again to ensure my voice is heard.

Maxim726X

This great piece by the CBC in Canada talks about the republicans problem with latino voters 9n detail and how it may doom them to irrelvancy eventually unless they are able to get latinos to vote for them.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/trump-latinos-1.3606135

The writing has been on the wall for a while now... One would think they would have learned their lesson after the last election.

Well, maybe they'll learn it this time. Of course, if they aren't going to be exclusionary and pro-white, what is their platform? I think either way, they're on the path to irrelevancy. It's just a question of when.

In a little over 24 hours, we're going to have the first female presidential nominee from a major party.

Sadly I think a lot of social media will likely be reduced to this

djG8Ynl.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Did Bill really say to a bunch of yelling Bernie fans "I would be yelling too if I knew my guy was going to be toast on election day"

Scott Adams occasionally jokes that Bill Clinton is trying to sabotage Hillary so he doesn't get outshone by her - after 2008 and so far in 2016, I wonder if he knows something others don't. Bill is a terrible surrogate.

EMERYVILLE, Calif. — Sen. Bernie Sanders plans to take stock of his presidential campaign at his home in Burlington, Vt., following Tuesday’s primary here and in five other states.

“Let’s assess where we are after tomorrow before we make statements based on speculation,” the Vermont senator said Monday at a news conference here, when asked whether he is willing to endorse rival Hillary Clinton in the coming weeks.

“We’ll be in L.A. tomorrow night and we’ll be taking a plane back to Burlington,” he added, when asked for further specifics on his schedule.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...id-at-home-in-vermont-after-tuesday-contests/

This is a good sign.

Holmes

Oh, I just remembered something from the Hillary rally yesterday. When Doris Matsui was introducing her, someone yelled "HE'S AN ASSHOLE" (about Trump) and Hillary gave him a thumbs up. What a queen.

Scott Adams occasionally jokes that Bill Clinton is trying to sabotage Hillary so he doesn't get outshone by her - after 2008 and so far in 2016, I wonder if he knows something others don't. Bill is a terrible surrogate.

He has no discipline in his personal or professional life and is incredibly bitter in the face of opposition/adversity. Bernie is finished tomorrow and I'd prefer he be the only one in the race who sounds like a sore loser.

kess

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...-intensify-criticism-of-judge-and-journalists

Trump wants his cronies to increase racist attacks on Trump U judge because he's a white nationalist.

When former Arizona Governor Jan Brewer interrupted the discussion to inform Trump that his own campaign had asked surrogates to stop talking about the lawsuit, Trump repeatedly demanded to know who sent the memo, and immediately overruled his staff.

"Take that order and throw it the hell out," Trump said.

Told the memo was sent by Erica Freeman, a staffer who circulates information to surrogates, Trump said he didn't know her. He openly questioned how the campaign could defend itself if supporters weren't allowed to talk.

"Are there any other stupid letters that were sent to you folks?" Trump said. "That's one of the reasons I want to have this call, because you guys are getting sometimes stupid information from people that aren't so smart."

What a complete dumpster fire, and it's only early June.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
He has no discipline in his personal or professional life and is incredibly bitter in the face of opposition/adversity. Bernie is finished tomorrow and I'd prefer he be the only one in the race who sounds like a sore loser.

I am not sure I'll ever fully forgive him for what he said about Obama in 2008 to Reid, or for trying to convince Hillary to go full scorched earth on Obama after Obama had the nomination locked up. (Basically, go for the "super delegates or bust" strategy and go full scorched earth on Obama).

It's why the Bernie thing is so "meh" to me - folks don't realize how close in 2008 HRC was to going full blown burn Obama to the ground after she lost the nomination. If you had 2016 type social media and reporting - you could swap Bernie's name now with Hillary's name in 2008.

mo60

Don't forget Shaun King. On second thought, forget about them. Ignore those who ignore reality

Sadly I expect all of them especially Frank and H.A. Goodman to start talking about her getting indicted the instant she wins even if Bernie gives her his support in the next few weeks or so.

Paskil

Just voted again to ensure my voice is heard.

I really enjoy the fact that if you go back through this thread, page by page, there are numerous mentions or use of the word fraud on each page. I also now associate that word with the Peewee's Playhouse Word of the Day scream. Thanks, PoliGAF.

WO3NM9.gif

Brinbe

This great piece by the CBC in Canada talks about the republicans problem with latino voters in detail and how it may doom them to irrelvancy eventually unless they are able to get latinos to vote for them.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/trump-latinos-1.3606135

The hilarious part is THE GOP KNOWS THIS!!!
http://goproject.gop.com/rnc_growth_opportunity_book_2013.pdf

The nation’s demographic changes add to the urgency of recognizing how precarious our position
has become.

America is changing demographically, and unless Republicans are able to grow our appeal the way
GOP governors have done, the changes tilt the playing field even more in the Democratic direction.

In 1980, exit polls tell us that the electorate was 88 percent white. In 2012, it was 72 percent white.
Hispanics made up 7 percent of the electorate in 2000, 8 percent in 2004, 9 percent in 2008 and
10 percent in 2012. According to the Pew Hispanic Center, in 2050, whites will be 47 percent
of the country while Hispanics will grow to 29 percent and Asians to 9 percent.
If we want ethnic minority voters to support Republicans, we have to engage them and show
our sincerity.

Younger voters are increasingly put off by the GOP. A post-election survey of voters ages 18-29
in the battleground states of Virginia, Ohio, Florida, and Colorado found that Republicans have
an almost 1:2 favorable/unfavorable rating. Democrats have an almost 2:1 favorable rating.3
For the GOP to appeal to younger voters, we do not have to agree on every issue, but we do need
to make sure young people do not see the Party as totally intolerant of alternative points of view.
Already, there is a generational difference within the conservative movement about issues involving
the treatment and the rights of gays — and for many younger voters, these issues are a gateway
into whether the Party is a place they want to be.
If our Party is not welcoming and inclusive, young people and increasingly other voters will continue
to tune us out.
The Party should be proud of its conservative principles, but just because someone
disagrees with us on 20 percent of the issues, that does not mean we cannot come together on the
rest of the issues where we do agree.

Straight from Reince Preibus and the RNC three years ago. Fucking hilarious how dumb they are. That autopsy becomes more and more hilarious the more Trump doubles down on racism and ignorance. Enjoy riding that old white male train to eventual electoral oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom