• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
DailyKos had this article up earlier today, almost as if they expected this:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...r-we-re-going-to-count-superdelegates-in-June

The reality is that every single presidential election is up for grabs well after the ballot boxes are cracked open in November. The presidential election isn’t settled until the electoral college votes in the middle of December—it’s all thanks to 236 electors who aren’t legally bound to vote for the candidate who won the most votes in their state.
If we can declare a president-elect on election night in November when he or she is projected to win 270 electoral votes, even when a full 43% of those electors can vote for whomever they prefer, you bet we’re going to recognize our presumptive nominee on June 7 when she is projected to have won 2,383 delegates to the convention. It wouldn’t be any other way for any other candidate.

Oh, as I read the quote I misrepresented the article, it's arguing for calling it before the Supers vote.
Fixed now.

mo60

LMAO.At H.A. Goodman's predictable reaction to AP and other networks declaring Hilary the presumptive nominee early. I can't wait for what happens tommorrow.

I'm not linking to the tweets from him mentioning the early call.

This election's making me re-think a lot of people I'm friends with. I'm just waiting for this whole thing to be over with. Like, I'm seeing them call Obama "trash" for the talk he had with Bernie.

Like seriously?

royalan

LOL - the speech Bernie is giving right now. Is he even aware the race has been called? He keeps talking about winning. It's his same stump speech.

LOL MSNBC CUT HIM OFF AND WENT TO COMMERICAL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ROYALAN ARE YOU SEEING THIS SHIT

Has he mentioned the AP calling it yet? If he doesn't that a big tell, if he was planning to stay in past tomorrow he'd go in on her not being the nominee.
No clue, they're on commercial! Didn't even let him speak for more than a minute!!

Zornack

Has he mentioned the AP calling it yet? If he doesn't that a big tell, if he was planning to stay in past tomorrow he'd go in on her not being the nominee.

Paskil

Fair enough.

http://wpo.st/Zd1e1

WaPo editorial board:

BARRING A truly extraordinary turn of events, the seemingly endless presidential primary season will conclude Tuesday night with Hillary Clinton as the presumptive Democratic nominee. She and her primary rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), deserve credit for competing largely on issues rather than insults. From here, she will have to contend with a Republican opponent, Donald Trump, who has sent every signal that he will run a campaign that is entirely disrespectful — of her personally, of the truth, of minority groups, of the media and of a variety of basic democratic norms.

As her recent speech attacking Mr. Trump on foreign policy showed, Ms. Clinton will argue that she is steady and reasonable where Mr. Trump is temperamental and unhinged — and she will have plenty of reasons and opportunities to argue that he is unfit to be president. Yet if she is going to be the candidate of dignity and political responsibility, she will have to do some things differently if she does not also want to be the candidate of rank hypocrisy.

One of the many political norms that Mr. Trump has set about eroding is transparency, with his fidelity to certain lies and his refusal to release his tax returns, despite decades of contrary precedent. Ms. Clinton has released a trove of tax records but for months has declined to honor another essential expectation of the nation’s leaders and would-be leaders: She has not held a real news conference since December.

mo60

LOL - the speech Bernie is giving right now. Is he even aware the race has been called? He keeps talking about winning. It's his same stump speech.

Dude's still in camapign mode. He's not going to mention anything about his presidential camapign until tommorrow night or early wednesday at the earliest.

Dude's still in camapign mode. He's not going to mention anything about his presidential camapign until tommorrow night or early wednesday at the earliest.

Yeah, I see nothing really bad about this. Let him have the next 24 hours. I'd rather everyone in primary states didn't focus too much on the AP announcement and still vote tomorrow.

Remember: Bernie and Hillary are not the only two people on ballots tomorrow.

Makai

Donald Trump responds to Newt Gingrich calling his attacks on a "Mexican" judge "one of the worst mistakes he has made."

"I was surprised at Newt," Trump said on Monday's edition of FOX & Friends. "I thought it was inappropriate what he said."

"All I’m trying to do is figure out why I’m being treated so unfairly by a judge and a lot of people agree with it," Trump complained.

Throw all of em under the bus.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So were people this focused on superdelegstes and waiting until the convention in 2008?

Yeah - the Clinton plan was to win California and convince superdelegates to vote for her over Obama. The amount of drinking involved in the Obama campaign between like March or April (when we figured out that we were going to win) and June (when we actually won) grew month by month.

mo60

Its official, Trump is running his campaign as badly as possible to encourage Sanders to run third partly. There's no other explanation for this:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/06/dick-morris-in-talks-to-join-the-trump-campaign.html

Is trump looking to lose by 15%+ in the GE at this point because he keeps on attracting negative attention to his campaign now.I seriously would not be surprised at this point at the rate he is running his campaign that he came close to losing by the same margins David Duke lost the race for Louisana governor in 1991.

User1608

Banned
Donald Trump responds to Newt Gingrich calling his attacks on a "Mexican" judge "one of the worst mistakes he has made."

"I was surprised at Newt," Trump said on Monday's edition of FOX & Friends. "I thought it was inappropriate what he said."

"All I’m trying to do is figure out why I’m being treated so unfairly by a judge and a lot of people agree with it," Trump complained.

Throw all of em under the bus.
Omg his burial will be a joy to watch.

johnsmith

remember me
Its official, Trump is running his campaign as badly as possible to encourage Sanders to run third partly. There's no other explanation for this:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/06/dick-morris-in-talks-to-join-the-trump-campaign.html

Never forget

10-16-morris-map.jpeg

Is trump looking to lose by 15%+ in the GE at this point because he keeps on attracting negative attention to his campaign now.I seriously would not be surprised at this point at the rate he is running his campaign that he came close to losing by the same margins David Duke lost the race for Louisana governor in 1991.

Maybe that's it. PredictIt needs to review their records to see if someone bet a huge amount of money on Clinton +10% two weeks ago when Trump was surging. The Don's taking a dive!

Paskil

Wow, Trump "my African American" guy from the rally is on CNN and definitely loves Trump and is going straight Dinesh D'Souza "Democratic Party the party of slavery and racism."

Look at Gary Johnson, using his CNN minute to get those disaffected Sanders supporter.

How did Hillary manage to rig the results for Tuesday before any vote is cast? Does the Clinton foundation have ties to the AP?

WO3NM9.gif

Not that interesting. If the Democrats are having a come to Jesus moment, they are probably going to go with the candidate who got significantly more votes from a far more diverse electorate.

I don't see how completely ignoring Clinton's overwhelming Southern support would be a positive move for the future of the party. It would pretty much be the largest disenfranchisement of Black voters in 50 years.

Zornack

Not that interesting. If the Democrats are having a come to Jesus moment, they are probably going to go with the candidate who got significantly more votes from a far more diverse electorate.

I don't see how completely ignoring Clinton's overwhelming Southern support would be a positive move for the future of the party. It would pretty much be the largest disenfranchisement of Black voters in 50 years.

Simple:

That's honestly what the most hardcore Sanders' supporters believe. The logic I've found on r/s4p is that there has been so much rampant fraud and voter disenfranchisement that Sanders needs to use the DNC's own rulebook against them and get the superdelegates to nominate the true people's choice, himself. If all the contests had been fraudless open primaries then he would have won, easy.

Kaban

Question for Cali-GAF. My roommate sent in an absentee ballot for tomorrow's primary. I remember bringing it up from the mailbox, but I can't for the life of me find the damn thing. What can I do?

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| You can't let Trump in here. I mean, he'll see everything. He'll... he'll see the big board!

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| I can no longer sit back and allow DNC infiltration, DNC indoctrination, DNC subversion and the international DNC conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Corey, have you ever seen a Mexican drink a glass of water?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/740014028282564609

Fox tells Trump the questions they're going to ask before they do the interviews, lmao.

It's not that uncommon for a standard interview. Unless it's supposed to be a tough grilling, you'll generally give them an idea as to what you'll be asking about. It's why follow up questions can be so important as they can be used to ease an interviewee into talking about something they might not want to.

Drakeon

Question for Cali-GAF. My roommate sent in an absentee ballot for tomorrow's primary. I remember bringing it up from the mailbox, but I can't for the life of me find the damn thing. What can I do?

... I don't understand your question. But you can probably go to your county elections office to get a new ballot if that's in the realm of what you're asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom