• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hillary may have clinched the nom tonight, but Bernie clenched over 50
sphincters
tonight. At once.

So a friend is a crazy dedicated Bernie Bro is linking "establishment playing establishment games" by linking Sanders' statement about it not actually being over until the convention. I had been planning on holding off on commenting on anything else he posted until Sanders dropped out because the last time I tried to talk about issues he told me to fuck off and that I was a short-sighted prick that didn't understand how the country couldn't do anything until we get money out of politics. He apologized immediately afterwards but it just made me decide to wait until he'd hopefully cooled down some.

Should I just let him stew or should I tell him about Sanders calling Obama the presumptive nominee in 2008? I don't want to have a fight with him but I also want him to not go down the crazy conspiracy hole that he'd dug himself into.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Who's idea was that thread title? I love it when the gaming side and ot side collide. ;)

Kaban

... I don't understand your question. But you can probably go to your county elections office to get a new ballot if that's in the realm of what you're asking.
What I mean is, my roommate is out of the country, but he sent in an absentee ballot from his layover in New York before he left. He sent it to our home address, and I thought I had brought it up in the mail, but I fear I may have dropped it or accidentally thrown it away. I now can't find his ballot, he's on the opposite side of the world, and he's not returning until the 12th.

What I mean is, my roommate is out of the country, but he sent in an absentee ballot from his layover in New York before he left. He sent it to our home address, and I thought I had brought it up in the mail, but I fear I may have dropped it or accidentally thrown it away. I now can't find his ballot, he's on the opposite side of the world, and he's not returning until the 12th.
You just fucked his vote and are morally obligated to vote for him according to his choices using your own, surrendered ballot.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm a journalist.

It's not really standard to give them all the questions. We might let the know what we're interested in talking with them about, but they don't get to see all the questions before.

Oh shit, we have a real 'establishment media' journalist who posts here?

pigeon

Banned

I don't understand why your roommate sent you the ballot. How is that correct procedure? Seems like lizard people voting to me.

Paskil

I see they keep it dark so you can't tell her crowd is dwarfed by Bernie rallies.
;)

Yup, I bet they haven't drawn anywhere near the 212,000+ Bernie has drawn around California. Only one of the many reasons this was a premature call by the MSM. The DNC will see the real will of the people in Philadelphia.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Christina just finished. So did my girlfriend I think. Wew
image.php

studyguy

So a friend is a crazy dedicated Bernie Bro is linking "establishment playing establishment games" by linking Sanders' statement about it not actually being over until the convention. I had been planning on holding off on commenting on anything else he posted until Sanders dropped out because the last time I tried to talk about issues he told me to fuck off and that I was a short-sighted prick that didn't understand how the country couldn't do anything until we get money out of politics. He apologized immediately afterwards but it just made me decide to wait until he'd hopefully cooled down some.

Should I just let him stew or should I tell him about Sanders calling Obama the presumptive nominee in 2008? I don't want to have a fight with him but I also want him to not go down the crazy conspiracy hole that he'd dug himself into.

I would prob wait a day or two. Right now is prob peak Bernie Bro anger. So I doubt he's in the best condition to argue with.

kess

I'm so ready, God, I'm so ready, give it to me California, YAS

Just let it happen already FUCK

Why do I have to be at work :(

It's not really standard to give them all the questions. We might let the know what we're interested in talking with them about, but they don't get to see all the questions before.
In normal journalism, sure, but I meant that political candidates being interviewed by tv stations friendly to their campaign will be fed questions so that they're well prepared, in accordance with the station's agenda. In fact there are many people who will preapprove questions before they agree to an interview; you will remember that one of NPR's journalists got a lot of flak because she was made to agree beforehand not to ask Bill Cosby about the rape case but ended up ambushing him at the end of the imterview. So my comment was about high profile, influential people.

Kaban

I don't understand why your roommate sent you the ballot. How is that correct procedure? Seems like lizard people voting to me.
I guess so I could drop it off at some polling location tomorrow? I don't know. He told me that his ballot was coming in the mail, but then didn't say what to do once I got it. But I feel like I'm supposed to do something with it.

Edit: it says on the California primary website than someone in the same household as you can deliver it on your behalf.

In normal journalism, sure, but I meant that political candidates being interviewed by tv stations friendly to their campaign will be fed questions so that they're well prepared, in accordance with the station's agenda. In fact there are many people who will preapprove questions before they agree to an interview; you will remember that one of NPR's journalists got a lot of flak because she was made to agree beforehand not to ask Bill Cosby about the rape case but ended up ambushing him at the end of the imterview. So my comment was about high profile, influential people.

Gotcha. But yeah, for someone like Fox News that's friendly with Trump, they'll definitely give him the questions in advance for the reasons you mentioned

You guys are insane. It's not going to be Perez. He would be the least qualified Vice President in American history.

Same with Becerra. He's not qualified. At all.

And it might be Warren, but I don't think she would be a good vice president because I wouldn't want her to be president. Period.

It'll be Tim Kaine or Warren, and honestly, I'd prefer Kaine.

GutsOfThor

I'd be game. I don't think he has the same degree of labor furvor and support as Perez, but he's a great, well qualified candidate who's aesthetic as shit.

I take back what I said earlier.I like Perez and Beccera but from what I've seen, neither possess the fire that Warren possesses in my opinion.

Kaban

You can drop it off at a polling location but it'll be a provisional ballot unless it's at YOUR ballot.

Someone can deliver it on your behalf too but IIRC it has to be the same one as on the ballot.
Could you explain a little more? Is there a possible way to fix this?

As Hillary Clinton became the first woman to clinch a presidential nomination, her general election foe claimed credit for being the one who helped legions of women by breaking a glass ceiling.

"I was the one that really broke the glass ceiling on behalf of women more than anybody in the construction industry,” presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly on Monday.

The Komodo Mushroom People Sitting Around All Day.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-glass-ceiling-for-women-223975#ixzz4ArQsPrGY

Read a Pat buchanan quote, saying that the homosexuality that arose during the Weimar republic eroded society. The gays were apparently responsible for the nazis. Can you believe that, someone blaming gays for causing the rise of a super right wing party that sought their destruction? Blame the hens for the foxes that eat them?
Pat Buchanan is a certified asshole

benjipwns

Banned
How did Hillary manage to rig the results for Tuesday before any vote is cast? Does the Clinton foundation have ties to the AP?
It is strange, I hope someone investigates their ties to Wikipedia too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016

I'm really disappointed to find that Wikipedia is so easily manipulated by elite establishment forces. I'm going to start being really careful about believing what I read on there. Especially when citing it in my research papers.

Read a Pat buchanan quote, saying that the homosexuality that arose during the Weimar republic eroded society. The gays were apparently responsible for the nazis. Can you believe that, someone blaming gays for causing the rise of a super right wing party that sought their destruction? Blame the hens for the foxes that eat them?

The entirety of the modern GOP can be found in Pat Buchanan's Culture War speech at the 1992 convention and Newt Gingrich's memo to the GOP congress during the same time period.

kess

That reminds me of the Nixon quote where he expressed his belief that homosexuality sapped the Roman Empire of it's vitality, or something stupid like that.

Tubie

Why are you a registered Republican?

Chichikov

Buchanan also thinks that Britain should've pursued peace with Hitler in 1940 so they could keep their colonies.
He's an idiot.
A well read idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

What's weird is that Trump just a few days ago was getting hit really hard with Trump University criticism.

But ever since his comments about the Judge, no one is talking about it anymore.

There's no way it isn't intentional. He must have legitimately planned, and thought if he makes some racist comments about the judge, it'll help distract from the purpose of the trial and this story blow over quicker.

Like I mean, I guess it sort of worked..

But what kind of plane of existence are you on where that is actually a preferable narrative.

That's like if I said to my self in school one day " Well if I shit on my principals face, it'll help that rumor about how I was the guy who farted in the stairway on the way to the lunch period blow over quicker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom