• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you respond to someone who claims voter suppression against Sander's supporters and voter registrations being dropped or lost by the thousands?

An image of a tin foil hat.

You won't convince this person of anything. The key is to convince everyone else this person is crazy.

itschris

Anderson Cooper just reiterated that Clinton hasn't clinched yet - seems like CNN might be the one network that's going to wait until tomorrow.

User1608

Banned
If I could get an H it'd be appreciated.😃
This is so momentous for men and women everywhere in this country and in the world. I was raised by a single mother. She taught me everything I know. This means so much to me.
Your mom sounds so wonderful. My mom taught and made me the person I am today. So I totally understand you Kev.

Wait, so the chat is on Slack now and not Discord? Fuck that shit, I don't wanna use Slack, I'm not at work. I gotta use my email, too? Well then I guess I'll just stay here.

9mzcDgk.png

this is my new burden
Wait, so the chat is on Slack now and not Discord? Fuck that shit, I don't wanna use Slack, I'm not at work. I gotta use my email, too? Well then I guess I'll just stay here.
is there a chat still going? i didnt know

Kangi

Yeah, I can't get Slack to work for me, anyway. Still have no idea why we felt the need to switch. Discord was working fine and still is for those of us who have stuck around.

mackaveli

Does anyone know the polls that sanders beats trump by a wider margin then Hilliary is it because when they ask Hilliary voters who will they vote for. Sanders or trump they all say sanders so sanders margin is better. But when they ask Hillary vs trump all the sanders voters say undecided or third party and that is why sanders is doing better on the polls?

Or is this completely wrong on my part?

Paskil

Hillary Clinton just clinched the nomination. Here's why Bernie is actually the secret nominee and why he will be elected president in November.

Oh shit, Sanders campaign stepping away from rigged messaging on Maddow.

My mom has a framed photo in her house of the Obama family. She loves them, and wants to do anything possible to ensure Trump's campaign dies a slow painful death. She'll be happy with this news, she likes Hillary a lot.

My mom is the alpha in our family. ...by a lot. She's certainly one of those overbearing, if not slightly obnoxious, people who takes some getting used to, but I love her dearly. Once you break her rigid shell and know how to "handle" her when she goes insane, she's the nicest person ever.

She got her interest in politics by trolling conservative message boards in 2009.

royalan

Guys, help me keep from diablosing.

I wasn't really concerned about Hillary winning California until now. She has a huge lead in mail-in voting, mail-in voting is big in Cali. She does very well with demographics that are traditionally hard to poll, and polls in 08 had the race between her and Obama much closer than it ended up being. She won by a decisive margin.

But what are the challenge that this premature announcement suppresses the vote enough for Bernie to win?

I've already texted my mother to make sure the family still goes out and votes.

mackaveli

Lmao on Maddow show just now. The sanders communication guy just had no answer on why sanders should not concede when in 08 sanders endorsed Obama before Hillary dropped and Obama didn't have the pledged support. I know it's been discussed before but just watching the guy fumble with his words was lol.

I wasn't really concerned about Hillary winning California until now. She has a huge lead in mail-in voting, mail-in voting is big in Cali. She does very well with demographics that are traditionally hard to poll, and polls in 08 had the race between her and Obama much closer than it ended up being. She won by a decisive margin.

But what are the challenge that this premature announcement suppresses the vote enough for Bernie to win?

This may not be the answer you like, but there's nothing we can do about it. We have to trust in her GOTV operation. Some supporters on both sides may not bother to go out. The good thing is, she has a lot of banked votes. There's, literally, nothing we can do but celebrate she's the nominee. Period.

Kangi

Eh. It's likely it'd dishearten just as many Bernie voters. Besides, Hillary often does well with early voting and those votes are already banked.

It's funny. If you go to Sanders leaning places, they're pissed about how this move will certainly suppress the Sanders vote so she wins California. If you ask Hillary people, you find them afraid that it will suppress the Clinton vote.

mackaveli

mo60

Looks like a Sanders endorsement might be coming as well?

The article title says so, but nothing in the article seems to say Sanders intends to endorse Hillary this week.

Obama must have really went total Batman on Sanders. Woo boy. What the heck did Obama say to Sanders?

He was going to support her eventually, but Obama probably pushed him to do it earlier.

The title of that article is confusing. I do still expect Sanders to support her eventually.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The AP calling it early may not affect things as much as you think.

It also affects Sanders voters, as why would you go out and vote for a lost cause?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Now that her majesty's officially clinched the nomination, we can finally change the thread title to its rightful original state:

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| For Hillary, it was Super Tuesday

DO IT, KEV!

kingkitty

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Bernie to be president and fix this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in the United States??? This is so fucked.

i was so heated i yelled at my cat

Daniel B·;204991350 said:
Hillary should absolutely shout it "loud and proud", on mainstream media, the second her pledged and super delegate count reaches 2384, and her supporters, that haven't already voted, should most definitely rest easy ;)

Yes (as per my quote from 5/29), Hillary supporters should absolutely take the news as a clear message from establishment Democrats, that they have you covered, and there's no need to head out to the polls tomorrow, and show your support for Hillary.

I think the establishment got a serious case of the jitters here, with the "big enchilada" (CA) voting tomorrow, where the recent polls show Bernie has caught right up, and what they don't seem to appreciate is, that by declaring victory before the voters in the nation's most populous state, plus five others, have had a chance to express their view, will likely rile up Bernie supporters, no end, and this will make them even more determined to make their mark.

This could be the defining blunder of the campaign, and might just be the "small miracle" Bernie needed :).

Crocodile

I just got home. Who puts ants in the pants of AP? Got them all giddy and wanting to call the delegates and sneakily "push" Clinton across the line :p

I swear if I hear more FRAUD or rigged bullshit from Sanders or the supporters I'm going to scream.
Which means I'll probably start screaming as soon as I enter OT :p
You are so fired from all NBA discussions. HERESY.

Heh, when I moved to Seattle, I kept my voter registration as long as I could in Missouri just so my presidential vote mattered in 2008. :D

If Johnson was within like 10 points of either candidate - then I'd be hesitant to not vote Democrat for President - but barring some insane polling numbers in WA - I'd like to at least try to send a bit of a message of "hey, GOP, get your shit together" when it comes to social issues. (Even if I think the libertarian policies about government are batshit insane in many cases). You're right in that there are too many hard-coded laws, policies, rules, etc, that basically destroy the idea of a three party system - but if there was a chance to give the GOP a giant kick to the left when it comes to social policies (and help out a lot of people stuck in GOP held states...which is something like 30/50 states last I checked) - it's hard for it not to be somewhat alluring of an option.

If the GOP doesn't get the message now that they've nominated Trump and lose the election I don't think they will EVER get the message. I haven't seen much to say the GOP will pay attention to any 3rd Party results but maybe you're right.

danm999

Daniel B·;205885832 said:
Yes (as per my quote from 5/29), Hillary supporters should absolutely take the news as a clear message from establishment Democrats, that they have you covered, and there's no need to head out to the polls tomorrow, and show your support for Hillary.

I think the establishment got a serious case of the jitters here, with the "big enchilada" (CA) voting tomorrow, where the recent polls show Bernie has caught right up, and what they don't seem to appreciate is, that by declaring victory before the voters in the nation's most populous state, plus five others, have had a chance to express their view, will likely rile up Bernie supporters, no end, and this will make them even more determined to make their mark.

This could be the defining blunder of the campaign, and might just be the "small miracle" Bernie needed :).

Good on you Daniel B, you make that lemonade.

Wallach

Out of curiosity, did undecided superdelegates confirm for Clinton today or what? I'm unclear why AP called this for her tonight, didn't she still need like ~22 delegates after PR?

royalan

This may not be the answer you like, but there's nothing we can do about it. We have to trust in her GOTV operation. Some supporters on both sides may not bother to go out. The good thing is, she has a lot of banked votes. There's, literally, nothing we can do but celebrate she's the nominee. Period.

Eh. It's likely it'd dishearten just as many Bernie voters. Besides, Hillary often does well with early voting and those votes are already banked.

It's funny. If you go to Sanders leaning places, they're pissed about how this move will certainly suppress the Sanders vote so she wins California. If you ask Hillary people, you find them afraid that it will suppress the Clinton vote.

I will just clutch my pearls through work tomorrow.

cogent

Banned
Out of curiosity, did undecided superdelegates confirm for Clinton today or what? I'm unclear why AP called this for her tonight, didn't she still need like ~22 delegates after PR?

There are a million waiting. AP/NBC/ABC etc..know who they are. Therefore they counted them.

Daniel B·;205885832 said:

you are my sunshine

btw get your avatars from drama from now on, she out here makin me look like an amateur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom