• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

I hope Hillary doesn't hurt herself tonight when she shatters the glass ceiling. :/

You need to be careful when you're breaking glass so you don't hurt yourself.

THANK YOU CHUCK TODD, NO DELEGATES HAVE CAST THEIR VOTE, SUPER OR NOT.

Never change Facebook...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...olluding-ap-announce-delegate-win-california/

secret-win-v2.png

She should go to jail for this! lol

That is in fact not really proof of anything.

Perhaps they just have their shit together and thought maybe the media could call it early, so they better be prepared.

Nah, daring to campaign for president with smart people on your team is bad. I forgot.

I can't wait to see r/S4P when Sanders officially concedes tonight.

Can't wait for that shit show

That is in fact not really proof of anything.

Perhaps they just have their shit together and thought maybe the media could call it early, so they better be prepared.

Nah, daring to campaign for president with smart people on your team is bad. I forgot.

Of course they had it prepped, every news agency has pre-prepped titles/headlines/graphics based on likely events to happen.

3phemeral

Same way it avoided getting involved in the Franco Prussian war?
World War I wasn't this good vs evil conflict, it was yet another bullshit continental war the European countries used to get to on the regular because, fuck, who knows, something something the great game of statecraft.

You can kinda make the case that a country has a moral obligation to get involved if it can reduce suffering in a dramatic fashion, but I'm not sure Britain getting into the war achieved that.

World War I wasn't AS clear-cut as WWII, because it wasn't about racist fascists trying to conquer and cleanse the world, but, again, Germany violated the fuck out of a neutral, uninvolved country that Britain had a black-and-white treaty with because it made their also-unnecessary war against France potentially easier to wage. Germany chose to get behind Austria-Hungary in their war against the Serbs, when they didn't have to, Germany declared war on Russia and France, Germany built a navy to fuck with the British, why the hell wouldn't the British take a look at this and say that Germany was clearly out of control and needed to be contained?

I found this Bloomberg front page headline amusing.
"Clinton’s Historic Moment Tempered by Sanders, Who Won’t Go Away"

It reads like the media just wants him to go away now too.

Paskil

I am so going to cry at some point tonight. I haven't cried yet, but it's going to happen. I will be a goddamn mess in November.

User1608

Banned
Ya know, I actually wanted Hillary to win over Obama back in '08 and was so sad she lost because I thought it would have been "fucking cool for a woman to become president". I know she's the presumptive nominee but this means so much to me, even more so now after accepting my identity. Idk, I just want to throw that out there. I really, truly hope she beats Donald J. Trump, because that man is a complete and utter danger to not only the USA, but the world at large too.

I'm way too excited.

mo60

I am so going to cry at some point tonight. I haven't cried yet, but it's going to happen. I will be a goddamn mess in November.

Sadly I have a feeling that their will be some rioting and a bit of chaos on election night especially if trump loses by a massive amount or he somehow manages to win the election.

Kenaras

Just voted in California with a nonpartisan crossover Democratic ballot. +1 for Hillary and Harris.

I'm so ready for this primary to be over. Go Queen!

Alcander

Lol I got into a twitter argument about this which I had to bail out of.

But, as a designer, its plainly obvious that its just a case of poor file naming conventions: "secret" (i.e. dont share with anyone) - "win" (i.e. the name of the template) - "v2" (template version). Its also clear they knew the AP would break the news on twitter (probably expecting today) so they created the template a few days ago, and just pasted in the tweet as it came in.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I found this Bloomberg front page headline amusing.
"Clinton’s Historic Moment Tempered by Sanders, Who Won’t Go Away"

It reads like the media just wants him to go away now too.

Well, this may sound shocking, but I would not have expected him to concede last night ;)
But, by the end of the week, yes.

But that headline is hilarious.

Slayven

To be fair and balance. The RNC lost 4 of their African AMerican outreach workers, and didn't replace them. Now there is only 7 people doing AA outreach for the whole country in the GOP

mo60

MSNBC going with the "Trump might not be the nominee" thing.

Wonder what people are saying in private.

Way to late for them to rescind his nomination. If they did it now they will piss of his voter base and lose the general election really badly.

Anyway, I would not be surprised if Hilary crushed him really badly in the general if his camapign continues to be chaotic(like beating him by 12%+ or 15%+),

Iolo

Gotta get their excuses ready in advance. They know what's coming.

Well, if Hillary loses, it is evidence that she colluded with the press to call the race early as a distraction; and if she wins, it is evidence that she did so to depress their turnout. That's what I read yesterday at least.

Wallach

Way to late for them to rescind his nomination. If they did it now they will piss of his voter base and lose the general election really badly.

I'm starting to get the impression they are weighing the options of losing the election and losing the election in a way that hurts them far worse.

mo60

I'm starting to get the impression they are weighing the options of losing the election and losing the election in a way that hurts them far worse.

If they stick with trump they will definitely struggle getting 45% of the vote and maybe even 40% of the vote. I just don't want to think what happens if they ditch him because it could be really really disasterous for them.It may be the worst election result ever for a major party in the US in over a hundred years if they ditched him.

User1608

Banned
To be fair and balance. The RNC lost 4 of their African AMerican outreach workers, and didn't replace them. Now there is only 7 people doing AA outreach for the whole country in the GOP
Christ, this party absolutely deserves to be shit on over and over again. Not even the fucking bare minimum.

Trump is such an idiot for tripling down on the judge. Like the dude is actively making that bad story about him that continues to piss of GOP establishment stick around. I'm willingto bet Hillary will bring it up tonight and bash the moron.

Paskil

We're so close to YUUUUGE news. That backdrop for her speech looks pretty good.

And we have Sanders in Hollywood, Hillary in New York. We all know who truly cares about America.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bernie Sanders’s Supporters Fume Over Hillary Clinton’s New Label
Passionate supporters of Senator Bernie Sanders awoke enraged on Tuesday after learning that his slim hopes for winning the Democratic presidential nomination had been effectively dashed as a batch of superdelegates revealed their support for Hillary Clinton.

After months of dancing around the phrase, news organizations on Monday night finally bestowed a much-coveted label on Mrs. Clinton: presumptive nominee.

The Sanders campaign immediately assailed the media for rushing the process and undermining the will of voters who were set to head to the polls in six states on Tuesday.

In a late-night fund-raising email, Jeff Weaver, Mr. Sanders’s campaign manager, urged voters to defy the pundits and deliver a stunning series of victories for the Vermont senator.

“We should let the voters decide who they want the Democratic nominee to be rather than having the media decide for them,” Mr. Weaver wrote. “I am asking you to continue to stand with Bernie in pushing for the political revolution.”

On social media, supporters of Mr. Sanders fumed at a system that they have increasingly felt is rigged against their candidate.

Irate messages poured onto the “Sanders for President” message board on Reddit, an online discussion forum, with users promising to vote for Mr. Sanders regardless of what the superdelegates said. Some said they would vote for Donald J. Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, and others suggested that Mr. Sanders join the Green Party and keep running against Mrs. Clinton.

The campaign of whiners. I can't wait until this slow motion temper tantrum is over. If you're old enough to vote, you're old enough to know basic math and how our elections work. Get it together already.

Wow, really? Fucking Trump. This party is in such chaos.
Yep although they say it would have to have the support of the big guys (Ryan, senators and donors).

Change the rules to a super majority.

Down ballots are a big issue.

This came from Chuck Todd who is not in a position to speculate.

Left early. Just voted. Took my girls dog with me. Asked if she could get a ballot to vote Hillary too. Establishment elderly person said sure and then some berniebro got upset and called it fraud.

FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom